Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

WSH gets Niskanen and then they trade Green? Then Niskanen sucks and its an Ehrhoff-esque contract all over again, this time its WSH and not BUF.

- Carl - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jun 30 2014, 11:00 PM
WSH gets Niskanen and then they trade Green? Then Niskanen sucks and its an Ehrhoff-esque contract all over again, this time its WSH and not BUF.
Who knows. At this point Caps fans know that
A) We need LD/LHD, Niskanen is a RHD RD.
B ) It's known that we want him pretty badly, based off of reports, coaches quotes, etc

We're speculating that maybe we sign Niskanen AND Ehrhoff/Trade for Gorges and (something else judged from coach/gm comments in random interviews) that Green would be traded tomorrow.

Or none of it could happen. Like I said, who knows.

- WannabeFinn - 07-01-2014

but.. Ehrhoff's contract didn't suck? they bought him out because of cap recapture penalties, plus it gives them more cap space to take on bad contracts in return for good draft picks

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

Ehrhoff to DET, they really want him. Imagine both him and Niskanen to DET?! That would be a shocker.

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 01:11 AM
Ehrhoff to DET, they really want him. Imagine both him and Niskanen to DET?! That would be a shocker.
Doubt Detroit has the cap to make that happen.

- ADV - 07-01-2014

Apparently a lot of talk is Boyle might go to MTL (and that is apparently a big reason they want to move Gorges).

I fucking hope not. Dude is too slow for what he will cost.

- Harry - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Jun 30 2014, 11:34 PM
Apparently a lot of talk is Boyle might go to MTL (and that is apparently a big reason they want to move Gorges).

I fucking hope not.  Dude is too slow for what he will cost.

Are you a habs fan :-?

- ORIGINSZ - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Jul 1 2014, 12:34 AM

I fucking hope not.  Dude is too slow for what he will cost.

Too slow have you ever watched Dan Boyle in ur life? Lol guys a smooth skating defender. Hes probably as good a skater as Markov

- teztify - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jul 1 2014, 01:36 AM

Too slow have you ever watched Dan Boyle in ur life? Lol guys a smooth skating defender. Hes probably as good a skater as Markov

:unsure:

Markov's skating is his weak point...

- ADV - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jul 1 2014, 01:36 AM

Have you ever seen Markov? He is fucking slow as balls.

Have I ever watched Boyle? Yeah, talented dude in his day and still has a lot of quality offensively. With that being said, he is much slower these days and he really doesn't bring a huge need for our team. Our defense was a huge issue for us so lets get rid of a defensive guy for an offensive guy when we have Subban, Markov and Beaulieu as it is.

I'd much rather go after Ehrhoff or even Niskanen honestly.

- Harry - 07-01-2014

Markov thinks he can skate with all the pinching he does but then he doesn't have the speed/energy to get back.

- ADV - 07-01-2014

I guess those in San Jose have never seen Boyle either.

Quote:Boy, were we wrong. Dan was noticeably slower. Some may say that comes with age, but it wasn’t so much the age that slowed him down as it was the injury. Not only was his play affected, but so was his personal life. As David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News revealed in an article about the lingering affects of Boyle’s injury, he had trouble sleeping, generating energy, and maintaining balance. He recognized that it was his decision to come back from his injury as quickly as he did and if he could do it again, he would have sat out longer to make sure he was ok to come back. He rushed back onto the ice, and it affected his play. Ever since then, he’s been noticeably slower and that’s something the Sharks can’t afford, as they’re a team that traded away Douglas Murray, Ryane Clowe, and Michal Handzus to make their team faster. His slower pace is a key issue in him being a member of Team Teal next season.

- ADV - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Jul 1 2014, 01:46 AM
Markov thinks he can skate with all the pinching he does but then he doesn't have the speed/energy to get back.
So frustrating as a Habs fan. When we had Gill, at least he knew not to pinch. He thinks he can still skate quickly...and he's pinching when guys like Kreider and Hagelin are on the ice in the Conference Finals...holy fucking shit how stupid can you be.

I'm pissed enough we signed him for 3 years.

- Wasty - 07-01-2014

Wild won't sign Niskanen. I'll tell ya that much.

- ORIGINSZ - 07-01-2014

Niskanen is the guy teams will regret signing this off season frankly. Hes a decent defender but i think hes become overhyped.