Simulation Hockey League
League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension (/showthread.php?tid=89284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Hallsy - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:06 PMgrok Wrote: So is this ruling being applied retroactively to posts from this week's Thunderdome threads? Lots of academic uses of certain banned words and phrases in there, from myself included.

I don't think so. The rule starts today.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Mayuu - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:03 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I have a concern with this statement: "will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal."

While I am fine with punishing the players, there are two issues I see here.

1. Teams will need to keep cap available in order to accommodate this as there is a minimum number of players per team and if you suspend someone we will have to either call someone up or sign someone to fill for those games. Most teams spend to the cap and this will absolutely cause an issue.

2. Suspending immediately causes some major issues when a GM isn't available to update lines/sign players/etc... We need time to do these things. With the sims happening before I'm even awake in the morning, there's no way I'm getting out of bed at 4 am to fix my lines because someone got suspended at midnight.

I'm not yet versed in the whole cap situation of the SHL teams but what would be a good solution to this? Banned players cap is removed while they are banned to be able to call up players? And maybe add a rule for senddowns similar to ELC so you have to call up different players if it keeps happening?

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - DrunkenTeddy - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:08 PMMayuu Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:03 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I have a concern with this statement: "will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal."

1. Teams will need to keep cap available in order to accommodate this as there is a minimum number of players per team and if you suspend someone we will have to either call someone up or sign someone to fill for those games. Most teams spend to the cap and this will absolutely cause an issue.

2. Suspending immediately causes some major issues when a GM isn't available to update lines/sign players/etc... We need time to do these things. With the sims happening before I'm even awake in the morning, there's no way I'm getting out of bed at 4 am to fix my lines because someone got suspended at midnight.

I'm not yet versed in the whole cap situation of the SHL teams but what would be a good solution to this? Banned players cap is removed while they are banned to be able to call up players? And maybe add a rule for senddowns similar to ELC so you have to call up different players if it keeps happening?

If a suspended player doesn't count towards the cap that should cover it. At least for issue #1. Issue 2 I think HO needs to give a bit more time rather than immediate.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Nobody - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:03 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: 2. Suspending immediately causes some major issues when a GM isn't available to update lines/sign players/etc... We need time to do these things. With the sims happening before I'm even awake in the morning, there's no way I'm getting out of bed at 4 am to fix my lines because someone got suspended at midnight.

The price for international co-gm's has just skyrocketed!

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - ThatDamnWalrus - 09-14-2018

So is rap music banned from the site now?

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - thedangazone - 09-14-2018

These are fair points. We'll discuss them today and see if we can get a ruling out quick on that.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Samsung virtual assistant - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:17 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: So is rap music banned from the site now?

Obviously

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Wally - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:05 PMJustice Wrote: People with admin privileges make up ur mind is this locked or not

No. If this gets locked three other threads will pop up.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Blastmeaway - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:19 PMWally Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:05 PMJustice Wrote: People with admin privileges make up ur mind is this locked or not

No.  If this gets locked three other threads will pop up.

Wally’s been to the internet before. He knows how those crazy peeps act

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Dude - 09-14-2018

I probably should have been suspended. Just saying.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Dangles13 - 09-14-2018

Can the SHL ban players from Discords? A forum ban is weak when everyone is just going to spend time in their team's Discord. Why don't we hit people where it hurts? Start taking TPE from people because forum bans only work when they are permanent.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - NJBadApple - 09-14-2018

While the words they are 'banning' are certainly ban/suspension worthy, why include the TD in this? Furthermore, and probably a bigger a concern, is why are people bringing feelings into the TD? If we're going to undermine the beauty and (really) necessity of the TD, then why does it even exist...

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Dude - 09-14-2018

I would like to appeal my nonpunishment actually.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - Hallsy - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:23 PMDangles13 Wrote: Can the SHL ban players from Discords? A forum ban is weak when everyone is just going to spend time in their team's Discord. Why don't we hit people where it hurts? Start taking TPE from people because forum bans only work when they are permanent.

I don't think so.

RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - thedangazone - 09-14-2018

09-14-2018, 04:23 PMDangles13 Wrote: Can the SHL ban players from Discords? A forum ban is weak when everyone is just going to spend time in their team's Discord. Why don't we hit people where it hurts? Start taking TPE from people because forum bans only work when they are permanent.

Banning on discord will be up to the owner of the discord. If it's the SHL main discord then yes if we see fit to do it then we could follow that route too.