Simulation Hockey League
St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SMJHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=95711)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - nour - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 09:49 PMJSS Wrote: exactly what my main man said above, that's ahlie @nour

SMJHL HO full of waste yutes, free up the mandem in Colorado, youre fucking them harder than a BATTRY ting by not giving them a compensation pick.

and Nobody? YOU A OP!!

thats ahlie

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Blastmeaway - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 10:46 PMSlashACM Wrote:
04-22-2019, 10:42 PMEsso2264 Wrote: you mean lost of SMJHL Legend Gareth Rush?

Gareth "inhale pee" rush

No thats Zivan "Inhale Pee" Zidek

Gareth "O.D. on Pills" Rush is who you're thinking of

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - SlashACM - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 11:59 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
04-22-2019, 10:46 PMSlashACM Wrote: Gareth "inhale pee" rush

No thats Zivan "Inhale Pee" Zidek

I get all the nicknames confused

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - nour - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 10:30 PMTommySalami Wrote: I understand the reasoning behind the rule, but the job of HO should be to make decisions impartially on behalf of the SMJHL in situations where the SMJHL cannot be impartial. When those that benefit from the ruling (everyone except COL & STL) disagree with the ruling, the SMJHL HO should take a look at changing the precedent in this situation.

I'm not even suggesting reversing this decision. It's just clear no one wants to play by this rule, so why make us?

because SMJHL HO doesnt give a shit about the majority opinion as theyve proven time and time again

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Flareon - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 11:25 PMJNH Wrote: C.  Why are we discounting the opinions of a minority?  If 51 people like something and 49 people don't, do we just get to say fuck the minority?  That some dumb shit.

cough cough brexit cough

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - ztevans - 04-23-2019

04-23-2019, 12:02 AMSlashACM Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:59 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: No thats Zivan "Inhale Pee" Zidek

I get all the nicknames confused

Just call everyone the Augment and you'll be right at least one percent of the time.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - SecondSucks22 - 04-23-2019

PLAYER STRIIIIIIIIIIIKE

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - BDonini - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 11:56 PMztevans Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:49 PMBDonini Wrote: I still don't understand all the outrage in this thread. It's like JNH said here, it's still the GM's responsibility.

If my manager at work is responsible for a task and they hand that task off to me, I'm being paid to do that task but it doesn't clear my manager of his responsibility. If I mess up, I'll be held accountable but so will my manager as the task was their responsibility in the first place. Yes, there was a pick tracker and he didn't do his job properly but if a GM also has the responsibility to track his own picks then he's also partially at fault.

Imo there's no right or wrong option in this situation, HO could've justifiably given COL compensation for the pick just like they could justifiably deny COL of compensation for the pick.

I guess my biggest issue is that there's a well-established precedent for this exact scenario.  When a pick gets double-traded, the offending team loses an extra pick and the "receiving" team still gets the pick.  This precedent dates back several scenes and came back up very recently.

To go away from that precedent suddenly now because "it's the other team's fault too" ignores that in every other instance we've applied this result, the other team could have spotted the error as well.  Furthermore, HO seems to be leaning a bit on "Well, we've changed pick trackers since then" which, like, yeah, both teams have changed at least one GM since then.  That's only evidence of how badly the ball was dropped by all parties.  So making an exception to the precedent on this one occasion because "It's sorta Colorado's fault too" is really dangerous, imo.

I feel that the situations are different enough for the Halifax/Detroit situation to not be considered precedence though. Halifax isn't responsible for keeping track of Detroit's picks so they couldn't know that Detroit didn't have the pick if the tracker wasn't updated. Colorado acquired the pick in question so had they kept track of their picks they would have caught the error when the draft thread went up.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Serpe x 13 - 04-23-2019

Love my scarecrows

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Blastmeaway - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 11:34 PMkarey Wrote: Seriously, in before the next team gets screwed by an incorrect pick tracker.

I don't see how we can't hold the league (HO, Pick Tracker Updater) more responsible for mistakes like this rather than having to blame somebody especially when the GM's have valid reasons to how they made the mistake. Rules are so rigid. We are punishing for a mistake many capable GM's have made and many more will eventually make.

*seeing that this is the standard, I can sleep at night with consistency. I don't agree with the rule's rigidity, but it's the rule and I get that
however...

Head Office should be promoting Fairness (incomplete inaccurate trackers aren't fair),
justice (inconsistent rulings regarding who is at fault ie: Halifax and Colorado),
and Transparency (people would like to know about ongoing investigations and feel like part of the process)

I feel that throwing shade at JSS for letting us plebs know about the ongoing issue is inappropriate. As a league without elected representatives, I am as much a part of this league as those with non-elected status. Although my responsibility on this site is different, making people feel bad for letting us know whats going on behind the scenes, as well as silencing peoples disagreement with petty retorts are not qualities of a democracy.

I agree with Karey, and JSS wasn't how i found out as just a mere pleeb.

The big thing that I see as an issue with the whole thing is that there is a paid position, who is getting paid (I believe) 3x more than a GM, and isn't being held accountable for their actions. I think it's been stated many time but this isnt the fault of Werantula, but the former job holder.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - JNH - 04-23-2019

04-22-2019, 11:56 PMztevans Wrote:
04-22-2019, 11:49 PMBDonini Wrote: I still don't understand all the outrage in this thread. It's like JNH said here, it's still the GM's responsibility.

If my manager at work is responsible for a task and they hand that task off to me, I'm being paid to do that task but it doesn't clear my manager of his responsibility. If I mess up, I'll be held accountable but so will my manager as the task was their responsibility in the first place. Yes, there was a pick tracker and he didn't do his job properly but if a GM also has the responsibility to track his own picks then he's also partially at fault.

Imo there's no right or wrong option in this situation, HO could've justifiably given COL compensation for the pick just like they could justifiably deny COL of compensation for the pick.

I guess my biggest issue is that there's a well-established precedent for this exact scenario.  When a pick gets double-traded, the offending team loses an extra pick and the "receiving" team still gets the pick.  This precedent dates back several scenes and came back up very recently.

To go away from that precedent suddenly now because "it's the other team's fault too" ignores that in every other instance we've applied this result, the other team could have spotted the error as well.  Furthermore, HO seems to be leaning a bit on "Well, we've changed pick trackers since then" which, like, yeah, both teams have changed at least one GM since then.  That's only evidence of how badly the ball was dropped by all parties.  So making an exception to the precedent on this one occasion because "It's sorta Colorado's fault too" is really dangerous, imo.

The only thing is, double trading is a different situation. There's no responsibility for the receiving GM of the 2nd trade because they don't have to keep track of a trade between teams 1 & 2, they only need to track their own picks (team 3). Here, the two teams are actively involved and responsible for their own picks so precedent doesn't really apply (only in a very general sense)

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Baelor Swift - 04-23-2019

Honestly the fact that this is a recurring issue, regardless of punishment, is a clear sign we need to figure out a better way to hire a competent pick tracker. Because clearly there isn't one of those and there hasn't been one for some time.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Blastmeaway - 04-23-2019

@JNH My big thing here why colorado and STL shouldn't be taking all the fault here is that there was a job thats paid 3x as much as a gm and thats all their job entails. This user is getting off scot free of failing to do their job.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - notorioustig - 04-23-2019

04-23-2019, 12:16 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Honestly the fact that this is a recurring issue, regardless of punishment, is a clear sign we need to figure out a better way to hire a competent pick tracker. Because clearly there isn't one of those and there hasn't been one for some time.

I'll vouch for @Weretarantula who is currently doing a fantastic job and is not involved in any of this bullshit

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - luke - 04-23-2019

04-23-2019, 12:17 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
04-23-2019, 12:16 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Honestly the fact that this is a recurring issue, regardless of punishment, is a clear sign we need to figure out a better way to hire a competent pick tracker. Because clearly there isn't one of those and there hasn't been one for some time.

I'll vouch for @Weretarantula who is currently doing a fantastic job and is not involved in any of this bullshit

I agree, he has done a good job