Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 1 2014, 06:16 PM

That's the thing though, we don't need bottom 6 or bottom pairing guys. What we need to sign, if we sign anyone, is a top 6 winger.

Vrbata would be a perfect candidate for CBJ. I know half a dozen teams are interested in him. Made 3M this year, I could see him making Cammalleri type $$$

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

Real_ESPNLeBrun: Brodeur camp did talk to likes of TB and Pitt but obviously no deals there... Will be very patient... even if it takes all summer....

I wonder if MIN or ANA invite him to training camp?

- GroupMeIsKindOfOkay - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 09:02 PM
BOS/PHI/CHI are looking to cut cap. Maybe VAN acquires Lecavalier as their #3 centermen?

Chicago will trade Versteeg. Boston likely trades McQuaid and Kelly.
Please Chia….please trade Kelly
Quaider is my fave player :(, but id be happy with moving him too

just not Boychuk lol

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

My spitball guess..

Chris Kelly from BOS to EDM
5th round pick from EDM to BOS

BOS clears 3 million in cap space (Savard 4M will go on LTIR), they have room to re-sign Smith, Krug. Maybe another bottom six forward upgrade.

- GroupMeIsKindOfOkay - 07-01-2014

My hope for the Bruins…
Move Kelly
Move McQuaid (:( :( :()
Sign Vrbata

Lucic - Krejci - Vrbata
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Spooner - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Caron

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bartkowski

i'd be very happy with that

- DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDZ!!! - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jul 1 2014, 06:10 PM

No we arent. After Kassian, Tanev, and Vey re-sign we have only 5 million in cap space

we also aren't done cutting cap either, sounds like they have asked more than just Garrison to waive NTC's

- WannabeFinn - 07-01-2014

it's gonna be interesting to see where Vrby lands

- cfekete - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by deedz@Jul 1 2014, 06:37 PM

we also aren't done cutting cap either, sounds like they have asked more than just Garrison to waive NTC's

Burrows?

- AlwaysGettingHaxed - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 07:29 PM

They wanted Boyle, offered more $$$ but he wanted to go to NYR and be with his pal St.Louis

This didn't bother me, never been a Boyle fan. To me he was always more of a rover than a defenseman. Good offensive skills, not so good in his own zone. Now that he is 37 his offensive skills have declined.

Niskanen would have been alright, but I think Detroit's offer (7 yr $42M), and even Washington's offer was too high for a guy that has had one good season.

Stralman was my choice, not necessarily great, but cheaper and shorter term. With Detroit's potential prospects on defense, he would have been a good filler there.

Really wish they would have gone after Brian Boyle, his depth and tenacity would have been a good fit for them (not to mention the contract he received was reasonable).

- DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDZ!!! - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 06:41 PM

Burrows?

ive heard his name yes, also Bieksa but apparently it was a big NO from him

- Hallsy - 07-01-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 07:22 PM
My spitball guess..

Chris Kelly from BOS to EDM
5th round pick from EDM to BOS

BOS clears 3 million in cap space (Savard 4M will go on LTIR), they have room to re-sign Smith, Krug. Maybe another bottom six forward upgrade.

Kelly would be another Gordon pretty much and we aren't paying 2 guys 3 mil on the 4th line.

- Maxy - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 1 2014, 09:19 PM
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Brodeur camp did talk to likes of TB and Pitt but obviously no deals there... Will be very patient... even if it takes all summer....

I wonder if MIN or ANA invite him to training camp?
I hope not. Have no interest in him. Doesn't make the team a ny better now and I don't like his style of goaltending so have no interest in him mentoring Gibby or Andy

- Nike - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Jul 1 2014, 09:27 PM
My hope for the Bruins…
Move Kelly
Move McQuaid (:( :( :()
Sign Vrbata

Lucic - Krejci - Vrbata
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Spooner - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Caron

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bartkowski

i'd be very happy with that

Not bad. Here's where I'd do:

Move Kelly
Move Quaider
Sign NOONE

Lucic-Krecji-Eriksson
Marchy-Bergy-Smitty
Spoons-Soder-Fraser
Paille-Campbell-Florek/KhoKho

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Trotman/Warsofsky

- prettyburn - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jul 2 2014, 06:43 AM

Spoons-Soder-Fraser
Yeah, I guess Chiarelli actually mentioned Spooner as a possible guy they could put on a wing in his press conference yesterday? Given how set they seemed last season in having him at center-and-only-center I'm a little surprised, but it would be great to see him play more.

- Ace - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Jul 2 2014, 08:28 AM

Yeah, I guess Chiarelli actually mentioned Spooner as a possible guy they could put on a wing in his press conference yesterday? Given how set they seemed last season in having him at center-and-only-center I'm a little surprised, but it would be great to see him play more.
I'd rather have Khoko on that line than Spoons. Spoons has had a few chances to crack the roster on the wing and looked incredibly uncomfortable. I have posted this a few times elsewhere but here's what I'd do to shore up the cap and put the Bruins in a competitive environment.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Vrbata-Bergeron-Smith
Khoklachev-Soderberg-Paille
Robbins-Campbell-Fraser

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Krug
Boychuk-McQuaid/Miller

Rask
Sveddy

1) Trade Marchand for draft picks. He has lost his scoring touch, his reputation had cost him many penalty minutes and if he as much as breathes on a player without the puck he could face a rather lengthy suspension. Clears up cap space.
2) Sign Vrbata. Skillsy RW that can fill in on either Krejci, Soderberg or Bergeron's wing. A lock for at least 20 goals.
3) Call up Khoko. He killed it in the A, almost collected 60 points and was absolutely dynamic in the Baby Bruins playoff push.

Boom. Back into the playoffs and contenders from the East.