Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- ADV - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jul 2 2014, 04:30 PM
Devils have a lot of Czech that could reach out to Vrbata if they really do want him, Jagr, Elias, Zidlicky, Havlat
Although he'd play with Plekanec if he went to MTL probably. We will see what happens.

- Nike - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jul 2 2014, 03:38 PM
Dave LOLnis is of course sitting on his ass right now, not doing anything.

Sign Dany Heatley, Vern Fiddler and Jamie McBain and call it a day

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Heatley
Frattin - Holland - Clarkson
Komarov - Fiddler - Ashton
Orr

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly - McBain
Granberg

At least you have a single signing. Boston has done nothing...which includes not signing Krug or Smith yet. I'm losing my mind

- Kesler17 - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jul 2 2014, 12:40 PM

Heatley is not a top six forward.
Buts hes a superstar.

- Dion - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jul 2 2014, 02:40 PM

Heatley is not a top six forward.
on Toronto he would be, we suck.

- Kesler17 - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jul 2 2014, 12:44 PM

At least you have a single signing. Boston has done nothing...which includes not signing Krug or Smith yet. I'm losing my mind
#Caphell

- Dion - 07-02-2014

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday · 39s
#Isles have signed F Nikolai Kulemin and C Mikhail Grabovski to 4-year contracts.

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday · 44s
Kulemin gets $16.75 million over 4 years, Grabovski gets $20 million over 4 years from #Isles.

- Seth - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jul 2 2014, 05:08 PM
#Isles have signed F Nikolai Kulemin and C Mikhail Grabovski to 4-year contracts.

Kulemin gets $16.75 million over 4 years, Grabovski gets $20 million over 4 years from #Isles.
They had their best years playing together, and I assume they were a package deal. Yes we overpaid a bit, but you HAVE to if you want players to sign for NYI, and we have a monumental amount of space.

- O4L - 07-02-2014

Sorry a bit late to the party.

As I said with Gordon when people said we overpaid last season, I would rather have Gordon at 3M than not have him at all, and it's the same with Pouliot, apparently he had more money and chose to sign here because of the term.

At 32 I imagine he'll still be an effective 3rd liner, we're getting him in his prime and i'd prefer to have him here for the next 5 than have him here for 0.

Fayne is an excellent addition, really happy to have him, was hoping we'd get Grabovski/Jokinen but i'd be happy with trading for Berglund if his price comes down.

- prettyburn - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jul 2 2014, 03:44 PM

And now everyone's confused about Krug's and Smith's statuses and whether they are (R )FAs and whether we need to be worrying or not...

- Kesler17 - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jul 2 2014, 01:08 PM

#IslesandPanthersForEastFinals

- LVShark - 07-02-2014

Hey Doug Wilson.... FUCK YOU!

Sharks sign John Scott.

Honestly what the fuck? He sucks dick, slow as shit, can't score, and has been a minus player ever since turning pro. He's a punching bag.

- ADV - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by MÉTIS@Jul 2 2014, 05:30 PM

#IslesandPanthersForEastFinals
Lol, no.

- Kesler17 - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Jul 2 2014, 01:37 PM
Lol, no.
Lol, yes.

- Wasty - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Jul 2 2014, 01:34 PM
Hey Doug Wilson.... FUCK YOU!

Sharks sign John Scott.

Honestly what the fuck? He sucks dick, slow as shit, can't score, and has been a minus player ever since turning pro. He's a punching bag.
Actually he just punches back, he never loses. I know Scott isn't exactly a reliable player but man the Sharks need some more grit and size. Nobody on that team is ever physical enough. If Torres and Brown aren't doing something nobody is. I love Brent Burns but man for being 6'5" and 220+ the guy is hardly intimidating physically. The guy barely hits and when he does it's with his ass. The sharks need someone like Scott that can protect and give off some intimidation but also won't take up a much needed spot in the lineup for the skill positions.

- ADV - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by MÉTIS@Jul 2 2014, 05:38 PM

Lol, yes.
Both are non playoff teams.