Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- Kesler17 - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jul 2 2014, 06:08 PM
Canucks have to think long term though. Get a couple top 5 picks the next couple seasons and then build thru Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Corrado, Tanev, Virtanen.
Tanev is borderline too old, he will be in his prime by the time the others get going.

- Munk - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by MÉTIS@Jul 2 2014, 07:12 PM

Tanev is borderline too old, he will be in his prime by the time the others get going.

lol wut

- WannabeFinn - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Jul 2 2014, 08:26 PM
Happy that the Canucks are atleast trying to ice a roster that'll put up some competition. I'm not saying they'll make the play-offs but they might be able to squeak in. CHI/ANA/STL/COL/SJ/MIN/LA/NSH is what I expect though.
Nashville over Dallas? Ballsy pick

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 2 2014, 08:52 PM
At this very moment

Atlantic
1. Boston
2. Montreal
3. Tampa
4. Florida

Metro
1. Rangers
2. Pitt
3. Philly
4. NYI

Central
1. STL
2. Chi
3. Minny
4. Col
5. Dallas

Pacific
1. LA
2. ANA
3. SJ
I don't think the Isles are any better than the Capitals, let alone the Jackets lol

also, Rangers winning the division is a joke unless Rick Nash has some ungodly come back.. Rangers lost Pouliot from their best line all season and I doubt Zuccarello repeats his numbers

- Munk - 07-02-2014

idk abt u guise but i herd a rumor flames r making it dis year

- BasedMinkus - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 2 2014, 07:32 PM

I don't think the Isles are any better than the Capitals, let alone the Jackets lol

also, Rangers winning the division is a joke unless Rick Nash has some ungodly come back.. Rangers lost Pouliot from their best line all season and I doubt Zuccarello repeats his numbers

rangers have the best goalie in the division and the pens got worse. It is possible

- Carl - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 2 2014, 09:38 PM

rangers have the best goalie in the division and the pens got worse. It is possible
I don't think Philly makes playoffs now that Metro is better. I wasn't impressed with them at all every time I watched them in the regular season, IMO they were a mediocre team that took advantage of a weak division. I think CBJ, NYI, and Washington battle it out for spots 3 and 4.

Washington will be back to being good again, our coach last year was awful and we have a very good defense for the first time in the Ovechkin era. (Yeah we overpaid, but a top 6 of Carlson-Alzner-Niskanen-Green-Orpik-Orlov has got to be one of the best in the league)

- Brandon - 07-02-2014

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 2 2014, 10:38 PM

I watch probably 60-70 Rangers games a year, with the team they have now after losing the players they lost, Lundqvist will need to win them 40 games by himself for them to win the division, he is that team. He's a good goalie, but not good enough to single handedly win the division.

- c00kies - 07-02-2014

Wow is the East weak, and it got even worse this off-season.

I think the 9-11 teams in the West could beat the 6-8 seed in the East in a best of 7.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 2 2014, 10:38 PM

over the past 2 seasons Bobrovsky has had a better save% in all situations.. .932 compared to .926 in 12/13 and .923 compared to .920 in 13/14 (Lundqvist has played in 10 more regular season games in that span, though)

Lundqvist is great, and he's still great, but he's getting older and while he may for the moment hold the title of the best goalie in the division, he's not gonna have it for any longer than 1 or 2 more seasons.

edit: not to mention Cory Schneider is now in the division, who has had (slightly) better stats than Lundqvist over the past 2 seasons (smaller sample size, though)

Quote:Originally posted by c00kies@Jul 2 2014, 10:48 PM
Wow is the East weak, and it got even worse this off-season.

I think the 9-11 teams in the West could beat the 6-8 seed in the East in a best of 7.
No way. The West is top heavy. The West's top 8 are better overall than the East's top 8, but after that, the West is garbage. Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Nashville? They're decent enough, I guess, but certainly not good enough to beat NYR/Philly/Columbus/Detroit in a 7 game series. Not even close.

- c00kies - 07-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 2 2014, 09:53 PM

No way. The West is top heavy. The West's top 8 are better overall than the East's top 8, but after that, the West is garbage. Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Nashville? They're decent enough, I guess, but certainly not good enough to beat NYR/Philly/Columbus/Detroit in a 7 game series. Not even close.

Lol, I guess I should've double checked the teams. I agree with you. I do think Vancouver would be a playoff team in the East, 7th-8th.

- BasedMinkus - 07-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 2 2014, 07:53 PM

Preds could beat those 4 in a 7 game series. Vancouver would have a tougher time, but could.

- WannabeFinn - 07-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by c00kies@Jul 2 2014, 11:01 PM

Lol, I guess I should've double checked the teams. I agree with you. I do think Vancouver would be a playoff team in the East, 6th-8th.
Maybe now that they've signed Miller and Vrbata, and if the Sedins get back into form, sure. But I still don't think they'd make it in the East anyway.

- WannabeFinn - 07-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jul 2 2014, 11:02 PM

Preds could beat those 4 in a 7 game series. Vancouver would have a tougher time, but could.
If you think the Preds could beat any of those 4 teams in a 7 game series then you're fucking stupid. No other way to put it, really.