Simulation Hockey League
S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet (/showthread.php?tid=94401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Off - 03-14-2019

Vrzala found a nice local tailor with some of his mates and they made a day trip out of it. David Vent and Him didn't want to spend all their money just on a couple of suits, besides Vrzala was hoping to not have to talk to to many people while out there. Not what you would call a people person. "Tim the Tailor did a great job" He said Sheepishly when asked on the carpet. He flew some family out to the event, but no one in particular walked the carpet with him, although he was tempted to go arm in arm with Vent just to have some fun. He blitzed by the questioners to try and get inside, and found a Seat next to his Czech GM and Vent. He made sure his phone was off, but was on plenty of Snaps with David and the SMJHL media account, but all in all he was seen just enjoying other peoples company and having a blast of a time at the award show with his friends and family.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - UncleLeosKomrade - 03-14-2019

PBE TS PT

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - White Cornerback - 03-14-2019

Written Task: in 150 words or more, talk to us about your red carpet moment! What did you wear? who designed it? what vehicle did you climb out of? did you bring anyone with you? were you asked any questions? who sat in the same row as you? did you or anyone else create any controversy or social media buzz? Walk us all through your red carpet experience!

NOT TOO LONG AGO, MR DERMOT LAVELLE WHO PLAYS FOR THE BUFFALO STAMPEDE WON THE JESSTER AWARD , ITS EITHER SPELLED LIKE THAT OR CLOSE, BUT EVEN DESPITE BEING THE BEST ROOKIE OF THE YEAR VOTED BY EVERYBODY, IT WASN'T ENOUGH FOR THOSE CUNTS TO GIVE ME A UNANIMOUS ALL ROOKIE YEAR NOMINATION, REGARDLESS I DIGRESS. I WORE A NICE CONOR MCGREGOR-ESQUE FUCK YOU PINSTRIPE SUIT. IT WAS DESIGNED BY THE SAME GUY. THE VEHICLE I CLIMBED OUT OF WAS A NICE AND QUAINT TOYOTA COROLLA. I WAS NOT ASKED ANY QUESTIONS BECAUSE NOBODY KNEW WHO I WAS. MY TEAM SAT IN THE SAME ROW AS ME. I CAUSED NO CONTROVERSY BECAUSE I HATE PEOPLE WHO CRAVE ATTENTION ON THE SHL AND WRITE BAITY/CONTROVERSIAL COMMENTS OR MEDIA, DISGUSTING REALLY. THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH MY RED CARPET EXPERIENCE AND AFTERWARDS I WAS INCREDIBLY SAD AND DISGUSTED BY THE MANNER IN WHICH I WAS TREATED ON THE RED CARPET.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - MCP_ - 03-14-2019

Jøln DuBølk arrived at the SMJHL Awards Ceremony rather unprepared: right after the show, he had to race back to the local rink for World Juniors practice. Out of the Kia Sportage he was riding to the event, DuBølk was in full uniform: pads, Team Sweden Jersey, blue pants; the good stuff.

While walking down the red carpet, he received multiple strange looks from reporters and the like, which made him somewhat uncomfortable but was unsurprised at this fact. A reporter came up to him and asked him why he came here despite not being nominated for any awards. He responded with arguably the best response anyone could give: "...No comment."

Once he entered the building, he found a table with all of his buddies from Lethbridge and sat down. Sitting at the table next to them were the Raiders, including the ever elusive Troy Reynolds. After the ceremony was over, he got into his Kia Sportage and drove into the sunset, like he had not been there at all.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Hoovuh - 03-14-2019

Red Carpet moments arent too uncommon for Ty Hoover. Being the son of legendary Winnipeg forward Luke Fleming means that every offseason he was at the awards ceremony with his fathers. The first one that he attended for his own accomplishments however, was the SMJHL awards ceremony this past offseason where Ty Hoover was nominated for Best Defensive Forward. The scene was buzzing with activity from the young hockey players experiencing the big life with press and cameras and admirers everywhere. Ty arrived with his brother Nicolas Fleming. Wearing matching Armani suits, the pair looked dashing as they took the time to talk to the press and answer so many questions. Once inside the venue, Ty and Nicolas sat with fellow St. Louis Scarecrow players Steven Moyer, Bernard Freeman, and Aleister Cain. The 5-some were joking around the whole night as the awards were given out and you could just tell that they were having a blast at this event.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - goilers - 03-14-2019

PBE PT

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - DrunkenTeddy - 03-14-2019

One of the first big red carpet events that Phelps went to after his draft of course was the SHL awards show in S37. Robert was nominated for the Ryan Jesster award for rookie of the year and he was more nervous than anything else. He brought along his then girlfriend and now wife Anne, who wore a long red dress with one of those gaps between the boobs. Robert was wearing a light grey suit to the event, but he may have regretted that a bit because he was sweating bullets the whole time. Robert and Anne arrived in a stretch limo, but both were visibly nervous on the red carpet. Robert had to have said "uhhhhh" about 100 times while being asked questions on the red carpet, but ultimately it was a good night and he managed to walk away with an award. Events since haven't been so tough now that Robert is used to being in front of cameras.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Fantobens - 03-14-2019

I wasnt nominated for anything, but being the assistant captain for the falcons, I was obligated to be there for the laurifer and conference championship trophies. 

Obviously I was also there to support my teammates that were nominated. 

I was sporting a nice tailored suit from the toilet store, the toilet store, for all of your medium fashion needs at low fashion prices. 

Sorry, I'm contractually obligated to say that. 

My plus one was my beautiful newly wed wife. She was stunning. Got more attention from the media than me, for sure. She was wearing an evening gown of off white and silver. Custom made by the bidet store. The bidet store for all your medium to high fashion needs for low to medium fashon prices. 

Sorry. 

We also brought our dog, George. He 100% got the most attention. I mean hes a dog. He wore shoes. Dog shoes. It was awesome. 

They wouldnt let me bring the dog in. I was pissed. Security said Vik Marius brought way too many dogs already.  I brought him in anyway. Because why not.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - chetib - 03-14-2019

Tibuk Soonika is tearing up the red carpets this season!  This will be the 3rd event he has attended in the week and he has had a new lady on his arm each night! Tonight it’s his neighbour Ms. Glickleman. He is also once again sporting the hot new design from the legendary designer Mugatu which he is coining Derelict II. Today’s design is a styling U necked shirt that is appropriately stretched out featuring a dazzling mustard stain that appears to be thoroughly caked in. HOT! When asked about when his next call up to Chicago is destined to be Tibuk choose to refer to his Agent and PR rep, Ms. Glickleman. Ms. Glickleman was unable to be reached for comment because her hearing aide appeared to be malfunctioning on the evening. Tibuk is clearly showing that he has the style and pizazz to make it in the work of high trends once this illustrious hockey career.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Vandy - 03-14-2019

Eric Vanderberg rolled up to the red carpet by taking an uber because he had no idea how to find the place. He wasn't nominated for any awards but it's still nice to mingle. He was wearing a buy one get one free suit from Men's Warehouse, because what does he know about fashion? He came stag, since Nick Brain kidnapped Cass and half of the team and their dates in his 2012 used Cadillac Escalade. He hung out on the edges of the red carpet, giving interviews to some of the lesser known blogs and media people who looked like they couldn't catch a break on interviewing an actual SHL Star. He also signed a few autographs for people sitting in the jealousy bleachers on the sides of the red carpet. After the show, he left by Uber since Nick and Cass couldn't even bother to offer him a ride with all the people in Nick's truck.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - hockeyfan - 03-14-2019

Harvey Danger's red carpet event was pretty spectacular. He looked a lot like Batman. He's kind of sick of being the fourth wheel in Texas, so he wanted to stand out and he decided to dress like Batman, cape and all. He couldn't afford to come out of the actual batmobile, but he could get his hands on a Volkswagon Beetle, which was spray painted black. Harvey also caused waves on social media that night, being very aggressive and slightly racist as he drank a little too much and said some things, both online and to the servers at the event, that caused him to eventually get kicked out. But he had a lot of fun. He sat in a row with a lot of the Winnipeg Jets players, who his team destroyed in four games in the first round last playoffs. Words were said, mostly by the goon Gary Grease but nothing came of it.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Boomcheck - 03-14-2019

Cam has not been nominated for anything and has been notorious on his podcast Deep Dive for being anti-award establishment for quite some time. He simply attended as a PR stunt to maybe get on the voter's good side the following season as he tests free agency. Sporting a custom suit tailor fitted to his frame in crimson. Paired with some fancy glasses and a watch, that is all that was required. He signed a few jerseys and gave his thoughts on the awards once the media pressed him to explain his comments made prior.

"You know it's still a sore spot for me that I was not even voted by a single person for all rookie team despite being the most all around player from my class. Disrespected by their offense bias and I hope they bring some change to these awards in the future. I am going to terrorize teams next season and folk will actually know my name. Vote for me next time and you folk on't regret it, seriously. Vote for me."

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - bilbo - 03-15-2019

Dom Montgomery came to the Season 45 SHL/SMJHL Awards in a sleek maroon suit, white button-up shirt, and black tie. He could not tell you who made the suit, but Troy Reynolds said he knew a guy, which made Dom think that his girlfriend Sophia knew a guy, so he just didn't ask questions. He liked the suit and looked good in it, getting enough likes on Instagram a couple hours later to feel satisfied about his image. He walked on the red carpet with a couple other Raiders. Dom was up for the Ron Bolt Trophy, the SMJHL's award given to "Most Sportsmanlike," so he sat sort of near Hiro Fujikawa, Borromini Cannellini, and Willy Mack. Dom didn't end up winning, but he had a great fake smile when the camera was on him and ended up having a great time at the show anyway, happy to be nominated and there in the first place.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - SlashACM - 03-15-2019

Aleister Cain, being nominated for an SMJHL award this past season, was inclined to go to the event on the slim chance he won it. He wore a suit that didn't quite fit, he doesn't wear suits often. He flew in from getting settled in New Orleans and arrived in San Diego on the day of, he took an uber to the awards ceremony because he couldn't get any of his teammates to give him a ride. Upon not winning the goalie award, he got up from his seat and exited the building, calling another uber and heading back to his hotel room. He then spent the night texting friends and looking up fast food restaurants near his new pad in New Orleans. He flew out the next morning and hoped next year he would be back and actually win something, this time for the SHL award ceremony.

RE: S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet - Baelor Swift - 03-15-2019

I wore the famous Roblox suit made famous by Kanye West and Harverd dropout Lil Pump in their video for their hit song entitled "I Love It". It was designed by Yeezus himself and was a truly inspirational article of clothing. Additionally, I wore the giant clown sized Yeezy flops to complete the distinctive look. I brought my dear friend George Moore along, who was not invited because he didn't score enough goals which was sad but I like to help the underprivileged populations. You should have seen the smile on his face, he was so happy to be there and so starstruck to be with me as my plus one. I created controversy though when they announced the Jesster Trophy finalists because I got screwed over and should have at least been considered and probably won. I took the microphone and kicked Johannes Leitner in the balls because he was a shit goalie and played like it yet got nominated over me. Like really? So dumb. I was even a unanimous selection for the All-Rookie team but couldn't even be nominated. Fucking whack awards committee.