Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- JNH - 07-28-2014

Love Winnik, really like this signing. But we have 15 NHL capable forwards so seems like some kind of move is coming.

- Maxy - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Jul 28 2014, 01:20 PM
Love Winnik, really like this signing.  But we have 15 NHL capable forwards so seems like some kind of move is coming.
Reimer+Kadri+Franson+1st for Evander Kane :ph34r:

- c00kies - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 28 2014, 12:24 PM

Reimer+Kadri+Franson+1st for Evander Kane  :ph34r:

That's actually a solid offer, seeing as a young center could help Winnipeg, Franson can help their PP (and they could have him on the 2nd or 3rd pairing), a first rounder in a deep draft is great (especially from a team that missed the playoffs last year) and Reimer can battle for the number one goalie spot with Pavelec (and he should be able to win, as he is used to a messy defense in front of him).

- Brandon - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by c00kies@Jul 28 2014, 02:07 PM

That's actually a solid offer, seeing as a young center could help Winnipeg, Franson can help their PP (and they could have him on the 2nd or 3rd pairing), a first rounder in a deep draft is great (especially from a team that missed the playoffs last year) and Reimer can battle for the number one goalie spot with Pavelec (and he should be able to win, as he is used to a messy defense in front of him).
It's way too much for Evander Kane though, the return on a Kane deal would be something like the Bobby Ryan deal

- Dion - 07-28-2014

wouldnt even think about trading 2015 1st for Evander Kane

- Dion - 07-28-2014

Toronto is a deep team now up front..... alot of character guys have been added. I honestly see there might be a slight chance at the playoffs this year.

- ... - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jul 29 2014, 01:29 AM
Toronto is a deep team now up front..... alot of character guys have been added. I honestly see there might be a slight chance at the playoffs this year.
Toronto =/= playoffs.
They are gonna have a pretty good start of the season, but after the All-Star break they are gonna choke and miss playoffs.

- Ochocinco - 07-28-2014

I really like their bottom six right now; lots of depth. At least that part is playoff material, which is an underrated and a huge step. Just don't know if the rest of the pieces fit the puzzle.

- Dion - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maus@Jul 28 2014, 04:35 PM

Toronto =/= playoffs.
They are gonna have a pretty good start of the season, but after the All-Star break they are gonna choke and miss playoffs.
I think its gonna be the opposite, they will start of slow, get going after the ASG and miss the playoffs by a couple points, after being on pace to end up with a Top 5 pick Tongue

It just wouldnt be a typical Leafs season without something bad happening.

- WannabeFinn - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 28 2014, 01:24 PM

Reimer+Kadri+Franson+1st for Evander Kane  :ph34r:
and that would leave Toronto with horrible center depth and a bad defence

be my guest Toronto, make that offer haha :lol:

- Maxy - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 28 2014, 06:18 PM

and that would leave Toronto with horrible center depth and a bad defence

be my guest Toronto, make that offer haha  :lol:
Franson will be gone after this season anyways, he wants big money, Toronto won't give it and he'll finally be a UFA. Kadri is a pretty big loss but it's really the only piece I could see Winnipeg actually wanting in a deal.

- WannabeFinn - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jul 28 2014, 07:49 PM

Franson will be gone after this season anyways, he wants big money, Toronto won't give it and he'll finally be a UFA. Kadri is a pretty big loss but it's really the only piece I could see Winnipeg actually wanting in a deal.
but is it worth having only 1 decent center in Bozak just to have really good wingers on your top 2 lines?

- Maxy - 07-28-2014

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 28 2014, 07:53 PM

but is it worth having only 1 decent center in Bozak just to have really good wingers on your top 2 lines?
Not at all. :lol:

- ORIGINSZ - 07-29-2014

Winnik is a leaf for 1.3mill x 1 year adds some good depth to the team like the deal

- Mac - 07-29-2014

I have it a respectful thumb up.