Simulation Hockey League
(GRADED) Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: Deep Dive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=432)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=547)
+---- Thread: (GRADED) Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison (/showthread.php?tid=136411)

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - HabsFanFromOntario - 04-10-2024

As in my last series, I am a giant nerd and will be comparing re-creates in this class to pokemon.

5oulja - Gengar. He comes in, drops a dope sig, cast dream eater and destroys your whole party. The real deal if it ever existed.

Ace - Hitmonchan. He's a Bruins fan you know he likes a good punching competition, just sadly not as cool as hitmonlee.

Engyn - magcargo. Somebody born on a leap year needs something unique to embody their personality and magcargo is underrated and kicks ass.

Jimmysmo27 - sableye. Jimmy is a psychic who knew I'd be moving up to select Cake (not because he spent hours selling me on her) and is a dope little purple dude exactly like Jimmy in real life.

JURT - Sir Farfetch'd. Constantly carrying his leafy sword around JURT cuts people with his scathing replies on the forums much like this pokemon.

Kez - Chandelure. An incredibly strong pokemon that not many people use because it looks weird, Kez is an amazing person but used to GM Calgary so definitely pros and cons there.

NoName - MewTwo. Used to be the strongest pokemon around but then new Pokemon showed up and he's gotta show if he still has it. #4 all time player Theo Kane, can he bring that similar kind of heat again?

Red Panda Jr - Pancham. This one's pretty lazy, also linoone may have been more accurate. But panda = panda pokemon.

Shiny - Shiny Spheal. What's better than an adorable pink spheal? A high end prospect who's coming out of the gate with a great personality, a good egg who looks to be a top prospect for this upcoming draft.

CrazyTomato - Magikarp (level 1, splash only variant). Yeah, Tomato is basically a Magikarp who only knows splash, pointless unless you can somehow pull a Gyarados from it then it'd be cool.

Eggcracker - Cubone. Egg is cubone because he's my favourite and he's probably the person most likely to wear a skull as a hat in this draft class. Seriously, dude's weird.

Gaia - Staryu. A kick ass water type that always comes with high energy in short bursts Gaia is awesome to spend time with and if developed well will become a Starmie that dominates for you in the right situations.

HillsHaveHats - unown. Not much is known about triple H, but we hope to change that soon. An enigma that will hopefully reveal their potential and personality soon!

Infy - Camerupt. A fire camel who can learn earthquake, Infy has all the potential to come in and be the best player in this class. A 3 time first overall selection, he's a great person to have around in the locker room and I hope to see his continued presence here.

Boz - Mr. Mime. Don't know too much about Boz, but with a name like that they're probably eclectic much like Mr. Mime. Just don't sleep with Ash's mom.

Smirnov Light - Slowpoke. A dual typing as he's both an SMJHL prospect but an SHL GM before even his first class back Smirnov will be a fan favourite and if given the right path will kick ass at the next level.

Southpaw - Alolan Sandshrew. An icy vibe from his icy doggo picture on discord, the Maine GM and former squirrel will be bringing the icy tankiness to the next level.

Whitecap - Grapploct. A fighting octopus fits his discord picture to a tee, don't let him get his arms around you or he will help build your team into an amazing squad and be a fantastic top tier player for seasons to come.

Ruggsy - Snorlax. A dope personality, immensely strong and coming off a high caliber goal scorer. The question is, can you play the flute to get him out of his potential J only mindset?

WC: 592

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - Ruggsy - 04-10-2024

I'm already out of j only mindset. I'm in 'the purpose of the shl is so I don't get kicked off my j team yet' mindset

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - soulja - 04-10-2024

i love gengar. Im cool with that

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - Whitecap - 04-10-2024

Well I learned a new Pokemon today and he looks awesome. I love it!

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - Seany148 - 04-10-2024

No snivy/mudkip, bad list

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - HabsFanFromOntario - 04-11-2024

04-10-2024, 07:22 PMSeany148 Wrote: No snivy/mudkip, bad list

Snivy sucks and mudkip is reserved for @HoltzFan10

RE: Deep Dive #2: S77 Recreates to Pokemon Comparison - Scrufdaddy - 04-17-2024

Approved @HabsFanFromOntario @CptSquall