Simulation Hockey League
All-Star Voting - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: All-Star Voting (/showthread.php?tid=13698)

Pages: 1 2

- Leafs4ever - 09-06-2012

All-Star voting will be closed at 4:00pm EST TONIGHT

The Top 4 in each Conference for Centers, Left Wingers, and Right Wingers will be chosen to go to the All-Star game, while the Top 6 defensemen and Top 3 goalies from each conference will be chosen.

That gives both teams a full lineup and then the captains will be chosen for the draft.

- RomanesEuntDomus - 09-06-2012

So no second round of voting this time? That would suck imho :(

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Sep 6 2012, 12:52 PM
So no second round of voting this time? That would suck imho :(

We're already behind, no point in extending this. We still need to do the draft and the game.

- Maxy - 09-06-2012

Should honestly do the top 2 wingers from each conference, top 3 defenders, and top 2 goalies and let the GMs decide the other half of the nominees... Really gets rid of the popularity factor in this

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 6 2012, 05:54 PM

We're already behind, no point in extending this. We still need to do the draft and the game.

Look at all the deserving people who wouldn't make it right now:

Hogan or Wissink, Mortellaro, Chisling, Scherbluk, MacArthur, Lindsay, O'Keeffe, Armia, Wilson, Wagner...

Better close it down right away and open a second Round until tonight.

- Maxy - 09-06-2012

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Sep 6 2012, 12:05 PM

Look at all the deserving people who wouldn't make it right now:

Hogan or Wissink, Mortellaro, Chisling, Scherbluk, MacArthur, Lindsay, O'Keeffe, Armia, Wilson, Wagner...

Better close it down right away and open a second Round until tonight.
You dick! Lol I just went through the entire thing and picked out all the snubs! :lol:
That's my list

Snubs- Danielle Hogan
Bryan Danielson
Giovanni Mortellaro
Julien Marshall
Gregory Lazaro
Zach Dooley
Eric Chisling
Doug Glatt
Robert Spezza
Frankie Gooseneck
Sven Andersson
Elias Armia
Charlie Chiclets
Anton Wagner
Rashad Thomas

I might have missed some, I'm not overly familiar with some of the newer guys still

The method for the All-Star game will change next season and I promise you that. For now, because we have other matters more important to handle (ie. getting ready for pre-season) we're going to roll with these polls and cut our losses.

It doesn't sound pretty, but this thing was thrown together hastily anyway because it was done late. I'm sure the majority of the league just want the off-season to end so I don't want to drag it out longer.

- Maxy - 09-06-2012

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 6 2012, 12:27 PM
The method for the All-Star game will change next season and I promise you that. For now, because we have other matters more important to handle (ie. getting ready for pre-season) we're going to roll with these polls and cut our losses.

It doesn't sound pretty, but this thing was thrown together hastily anyway because it was done late. I'm sure the majority of the league just want the off-season to end so I don't want to drag it out longer.
I can respect that. As long as you guys look at it and try to change it for the best ASAP I'm cool with it Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 6 2012, 01:35 PM

I can respect that. As long as you guys look at it and try to change it for the best ASAP I'm cool with it Cheers

Don't worry, it will be changed. I'll fight to make it happen.

- Maxy - 09-06-2012

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 6 2012, 12:36 PM

Don't worry, it will be changed. I'll fight to make it happen.
Are you... Dare I say... Gonna throw an... UPPERCUT?!

BAZINGA! BAM POW CHEA!

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 6 2012, 01:37 PM

Are you... Dare I say... Gonna throw an... UPPERCUT?!

BAZINGA! BAM POW CHEA!

:facepalm:

:lol:

- Ace - 09-06-2012

So in essence Chisling won't even make the ASG. Lovely.

- Maxy - 09-06-2012

Quote:Originally posted by GreatDane@Sep 6 2012, 12:51 PM
So in essence Chisling won't even make the ASG. Lovely.
S'all good, I didn't make it last season for the first time in like 7 seasons so don't feel bad. Doesn't mean shit. Show em up next season

- Checkmate - 09-06-2012

woo just made it. thanks for the votes guys.

I don't see how exactly the ASG and the start of Pre-Season correlate with each other, wouldn't be a problem to have these two overlap. I want the Off-Season to be over as fast as possible too, but we need some more time for new recruits anyways, so there is no need to rush. But well, I think we already had this discussion last year. And the year before :lol: