Simulation Hockey League
S15 CW WEEK! - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: Championship Week (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=375)
+---- Thread: S15 CW WEEK! (/showthread.php?tid=29151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- FourFour - 11-13-2013

Congratulations to the Edmonton Blizzard and the West Kendall Platoon on reaching the Challenge Cup Finals! Good luck to both teams, as you both deserved to be here!

Below I have 5 PT short questions that you need to answer and complete. Each PT will be valued at a MAX of 3 Uncapped TPE. CW Week will run from 11/13/13 to the completion of the Challenge Cup series.

ALL SMJHL AND SHL PLAYERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS!

Task #1: What are some key components both of these teams need to do in order to win the Challenge Cup?

(100 words) 3 Uncapped

Task #2: You have just been hired to make the banner for the team that wins the challenge cup, please include the Season, the team name and logo as well as the players on the team.

3 Uncapped

Task #3 WORD JUMBLE!!! Last year was good and I liked the idea, just this year I am going to make it a little harder. This one is going to be up to 6 Uncapped TPE, also please PM ME YOUR ANSWERS, dont be like me last year and post them!

Edmonton:
1) kjaub, iotoatkilla
2) leky, aeennk
3) axnerdlea, dakcnrjeze

West Kendall:
1) iitrcnahs, reabu
2) jairuh, iifnndwle
3) jlinue, aharllms

1 for each correct

MAX 6 Uncapped TPE

Task #4: If you had the money to buy any one of these franchises, who would it be and why would you buy them? (Based on the current roster, with picks)

3 Uncapped for 200 words

Task #5 Your team has just won the Challenge Cup, and you were the MVP. Now, you're bringing it back to your hometown. Say the places you would visit and why you would visit those place.

3 Uncapped for 150 words.

*This again is all due at the conclusion of the Championship series! Good luck, and if you guys have any questions message either Meow or I*

**Prediction do not count toward CW and they were posted late and not enough people could do them, so here is a great way to get TPE!**

***You can get a max of 18 Uncapped TPE***

- FourFour - 11-13-2013

1. West Kendall has had a cinderella story so far in the Season 15 playoffs, so far they have knocked off the defending finalists in the Wolfpack, after that series was sought out to be a landslide with the pack moving forward. After that series, they played the top Stars and the predictions were horrible again as the platoon took the series win and here they are! In order to win the series, the Platton need to be taking more quality shots on Jakub Aittokallio. He is a very solid tendy and the platoon need to get everything they can on him. Also they need to work on the faceoffs as faceoffs can kill you at key times in the game

Blizz: the blizz need to focus on playing how they did in the regular season, so far the past two series have been tight, and they could have been knocked out early by the Jets but they overcame the deficits and here they are, the Blizzard need to work on their Penalty Kill as the Platooon are one of the best teams in the playoffs on the PK.

Code:
188 words

2. [Image: 1b327179dbda6c76838ec38a1a69ccae.png]

3. SENT

4. All the teams in the Simulation Hockey League all have their good things about them, they mostly all have a core and they have talent within the team, but that being said, the team I would most likely purchase would be the Edmonton Blizzard.. The Blizzard have a great group of players right now, they have Kyle Keenan, Lucas Smith, Obama, and Aittokallio, who may just be the next Jesster or McBride. This team has had far more success in the past couple seasons as well than any other team as they have won 2 cups in three seasons. This team also has the prospects to continue this tearing apart of the league, as they have up and comers Riko Muerto and Mikhail Krivokrasov. I was also apart of the Blizzard for a short tenure, and they have had one of the most active Locker Rooms in the Simulation hockey League to date! So all in all, this team has active players and they play good! The Blizzard have had more success than the Platoon in the past seasons and this is why I would personally purchase the Edmonton Blizzard over the Platoon, and frankly over any other team.

Code:
200 words

5. Wow, this is quite far in the future (as I believe) to think about! Being named MVP of the Challenge Cup Series wow.. What an honor it would be! First thing I would do would be to bring back the Challenge Cup and the MVP award to my hometown of Chicago, while there I would show it off to my family and show my cousin TooToo off and tell him he should have joined me when I came over to the Simulation Hockey League! I would then go to my local rink where I grew up and hold the cup proud over my head! I would take it on the ice and let the up and comers of the area touch the cup and have pictures with it! Secondly, I would take the cup to Vancouver, this is a very important place to me as I started my career here and I loved living in the city for 3 years! Lastly, I would take the cup to my parents cabin in Thunder Bay and just relax with the feeling and let it sink in.. but only for a short time, because training never stops!

Code:
194 Words

Smile

- Taylor - 11-13-2013

1. WKP: West Kendall Platoon came into the playoffs as an underdog. Everyone underestimated and predicted they would be an easy sweep in the first round. West Kendall Platoon has managed to beat all odds due to a few factors. #1 There powerplay has been exceptional and has been a huge reason on why they have been successful. There offensive line-up isn't very lethal so having an effective powerplay is huge. #2 They need to keep there shooting percentages up high. Players like Emma Watson, Mark Malyckyj and Julien Marshell all have there shooting percentages over 15%. They need to keep this up as Jakub Aittokallio is a stud in net. #3 Urijah Winnfield needs to continue to play a solid game in net.

Edmonton: For Edmonton the only really key component is Jakub Aittokallio. He needs to keep standing on his head against WKP's offence which has been strong. Edmonton's offensive players will get there chances against Urijah Winnfield so as long as Jakub Aittokallio plays strong they have a good chance.

3. PMed

4. The Simulation Hockey League holds twelve incredible teams. All of them with specific upsides but each has a downside. For me, the team I would purchase would be the Toronto North Stars. Toronto is my favourite place in the whole world and it's a great hockey market. The Toronto North Stars is a team name that I like, they have an awesome logo to go along with it as well. The Toronto North Stars are also in there prime right now. There roster is jacked with top talent within the league. They have arguably the best goalie and the deepest offensive and defensive line-up. One downside with Toronto North Stars is the apparent "curse". The Toronto North Stars have struggled once reaching the playoffs even this year when they had one of the best rosters. Another team I would purchase is the Montreal Impact in the SMJHL. The Montreal Impact have a rich history and it would allow me to do some customization. The Montreal Impact need a new team name and logo as the team name is exactly the same as the Major League Soccer team. The Montreal Impact have recently won the Four Star Cup and after a down year have rebuilt to a point of contention.

- JayWhy - 11-13-2013

1) It’s worthwhile to point out the struggles of each team. Goaltending has been absolutely incredible, as the two leaders in goaltending are meeting each other here in the Finals. The difficulties the teams find are ironically in scoring, then. West Kendall has surprised many with their scoring, but a majority of their points come from an insanely effective powerplay. They will now face the team that has allowed the fewest goals against and the goaltender who has a less than 2.00 GAA for his 54 games. Edmonton also features the best penalty kill, making it that even strength points is extremely valuable. The West Kendall powerplay fell to 20% efficiency during the Toronto series, so facing a much better penalty killing team could make this a challenge. If West Kendall can make their even strength start scoring, they’ll be successful.

Meanwhile, the Blizzard need to find production from their top players. Until the elimination games against Calgary, Michael Haan only had 1 point in 12 playoff games. Willie Weber was similar, as was Lucas Smith. Ivo Willems has struggled to put the puck in the net, and the team has relied heavily on defensive defenseman Cole Reinhart and all-around wing Kyle Keenan to produce for them. If the superstars can make West Kendall work on defense, forcing their league leaders in minutes played into desperation clearing attempts for line changes, they should find openings and hopefully can capitalize.

2) Will Do Later.

3) PM’d.

4) A few seasons ago, Forbes valued the Edmonton Blizzard at $425M while the West Kendall Platoon ranked just above them at a net value of $475M. This was before the Blizzard won the Challenge Cup in S13, but is still a good start for the valuation of these teams. West Kendall has proven to be a sturdy market in the SHL as it continues to draw in fans from the early days of the SHL, while the Blizzard had their rough patch and now seem to have corrected the ship. If I were to buy one of these teams, it would obviously be the Blizzard. While they may have swapped values through the past few seasons, Edmonton has set themselves apart recently as a dominating team. While West Kendall surely has the potential for success in the long-term, it is more likely to see Edmonton doing such as they now enter their second Cup Finals in three seasons.

For the Forbes values, I think the increase in value Edmonton has received in the past few years may only bump them near a $500M mark. That value being similar to that of West Kendall makes it a negligible difference overall in order to allow the purchase of Edmonton to be worthwhile in the long-run.

5) Will do later.

- 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD - 11-13-2013

Quote:WORD JUMBLE!!! Last year was good and I liked the idea

THIS WAS CREATED BY ME TWO SEASONS AGO. GET IT RIGHT DAMMIT.

- fever95 - 11-13-2013

1. Blizzard To win the Challenge Cup, the Edmonton Blizzard will need to be more consistent that what they have been in the previous two rounds. They were the best team during the regular season and that hasn't carried over into the playoffs thus far. The powerplay for the Blizzard has been strong at times and weak at other points in time so that is another component they will need to be more consistent on. Their PK unit has been lights out in the playoffs and that will need to continue against the best PP unit during the playoffs.

Platoon The West Kendall Platoon have been almost unstoppable with the extra man during the playoffs and that trend needs to continue for this "Cinderella Story" to stay alive. West Kendall has been horrid in the face-off dot and will need to shore that up if they have a chance to win. The series will feature the best powerplay versus the best penalty-kill and whoever is able to break through, will be hoisting the Challenge Cup when it's all said and done.

Code:
177 Words

2. [Image: LEo91Pb.png]

3. PM sent.

4. If I had the chance to purchase either the Edmonton Blizzard or the West Kendall Platoon, my choice would have to be the Edmonton Blizzard. The location is key for me, Edmonton being one of the best hockey markets in the world and West Kendall not being well known at all for any type of professional sports. It would be very simple and easy to attract fans to Blizzard games as the fan base are very loyal, no matter if the team is great or terrible. The current roster features established superstars in the likes of Lucas Smith, Kyle Keenan, Ivo Willems, Laraque Obama, Mike Ochocinco, Willie Weber, Cole Reinhart, Michael Haan, and Teemu Nurmi. They also own future superstars with the likes of Jakub Aittokallio, Belial, Riko Muerto, and Mikhail Krivokrasov. The depth on this team is second to none as well with players like Vinny Chezno, John Langabeer, Alexander Andrezjeck, Gene Parmesan, Reggie Williams and company. They may not have much in terms of draft picks in the upcoming draft with only two fifth rounders but do own a first rounder in Season 17, and who needs picks when you ice such a deep roster from top to bottom?

Code:
200 Words

5. If I were to play for one of these two clubs and was named MVP of the playoffs, it would be an amazing feeling. Being known as the best performer during the playoffs and coming up huge in clutch situations is one of the biggest honours in all of hockey. When I brought the Challenge Cup back to my hometown of Belfast, Northern Ireland, I would have a lot of things planned for that day. First of all, I would hold a press conference about my club winning the cup right in the heart of the city and would allow fans to get pictures with myself and the cup. You all know how much I love Guinness so my next trip should come as no surprise, I would visit the Guinness brewery and drink my favourite brew from the cup while allowing anybody who wanted pictures to get them. Following that, I would travel all over the city to all different places, allowing all fans to see and get pictures with the cup, finishing off at the home of the Belfast Giants, at Odyssey Arena.

Code:
185 Words

- LVShark - 11-13-2013

Place Holder

1. I think the biggest component of this seasons Challenge Cup Playoffs will be defense. I truly believe that defense is what wins championships, and I believe we will see that in this series. Both teams have stellar players, and even better netminders. I think that the games will all be relatively low scoring games which means that the defensive zone needs to be the top priority. Looking at rosters, I think Edmonton has the advantage because they have an amazing group of D-men. Although, West Kendall has some definite talent on the backend as well as some good defensive forwards. I think Edmonton will win the series though because of their more developed defenseman.

3. PM Sent

4. If I had the money to buy one of the teams in the finals, I would choose to buy West Kendall Platoon all because I think they have an amazing future with players like Hoff, Tutankamun, Tennyson, and many more. They have an amazing General Manager in Ryan Bolt as well. West Kendall really surprised everyone this season, and are on a Cinderella Story run. At the beginning of the season, I doubt anyone other then West Kendall would say they had a chance, but here we are seeing them in the finals.

I think West Kendall will be the next franchise with their current roster. Currently the most well known veteran is Emma Watson, who still is very young. If you look at their recent draftees from S14 and S15 you can see they have an amazing future. With names like Tennyson, Bauer, Winnfield. They have two of the best young goalies in the league. I think once both Winnfield and Tennyson continue to grow into elite goalies the team will move one for even more assets to help the team.

All in all I think buying West Kendall would be the smartest move. They are the team of the future.

5.If Hamilton were to win the Challenge Cup, I would spend my one day bringing it back to my home town of San Jose, California. I would start out in the morning eating a bowl of cereal out of the top. Then as the day went on I would have a party at my parents house, and invite all our friends, as well as those who helped me along the way. Around Mid afternoon, I would take it to San Francisco and get pictures of it at the beach, Golden Gate Bridge, and finally end my afternoon at Pier 39.

To end my day, I would go back to my parents house to spend my final with the cup with just my family. We would have a nice BBQ with just my family, and I think I would spend my last seconds drifting to sleep while I hold the cup in my arms. That is the best way to end a day with the cup.

- Ragnar - 11-13-2013

Both the Edmonton Blizzard and the West Kendall Platoon need to stick to the basics for this series. They need to fire a lot of shots and make sure that they are accurate, because both teams have world class goalies between the pipes. The Platoon need to ensure they get the puck to their star forward, Emma Watson. She’s sexy as a mother fucker and she produces points like nobody’s business. Belial for the Blizzard is the same way, a huge scoring presence and needs to get the puck… he’s just not as sexy (sorry, I’m not in to Asians.)

(100 words exactly)

[Image: ioQpZcv.jpg]

3. Sent

If I had the money and the chance to buy either franchise, I would definitely go with the Platoon. The Platoon were expected to flop early in the season, and then expected to get shit on once they got in to the playoffs, and now look, they’re fighting for the Challenge Cup and giving it all they got. I love the underdog type of teams, as to be expected from somebody who plays for the Panthers. The team has some incredible standout players, such as Emma Watson and the up and coming superstar goalie Urijah Winnfield. The picks have been very smart and Maxy has done a really good job of building a championship caliber team. Not to mention, the team is in Florida… I’d love to live in Florida. Sippin Mai Tais on the beach, watching bitches walk by in slutty ass bikinis, before I go watch my team stomp some other team 7-2? Absolutely. Though the team is in Florida, the attendance speaks for itself. Sell outs are a common occurrence in West Kendall, and the fans down there are always crazy and support the team through thick and thin. Oh yeah and I’d also own EMMA WATSON.

Words: 200 exactly

If I won the Challenge Cup and the MVP, and it was my day to bring it back home and show it off… the first thing I would do is bring it to my high school and rub it in all the teachers faces who said I would never amount to anything… because they were wrong. I’M A GOD DAMN CHAMPION MRS. WILLIAMS. Anyways, after showing it off to those idiots WHO WERE WRONG, I’d bring it to the local rink and let the kids skate with it. There is nothing like seeing the thing in person, getting to touch it, smell it, even kiss it. I would know, I got to see it when I was a kid. After I did that I would probably take it to the bars with me and see just how many beers I could drink out of it before I get too drunk and lose the fucking thing.

Words: 156

- BigTittySmitty - 11-13-2013

1.Platoon – This team will need to keep up with its consistent amazing play that helped them eliminate what many people thought were going to be the impossible hill to climb. A team that relies on its depth to make all the right plays will need to keep having amazing goaltending from winny and the team in front of him needs to do everything in its power to keep the puck out of their net. The key component for the Platoon to take the cup is the play of Winnifield. If he has a bad series then they may not last a long time.

Blizzard – This team is just simply amazing for them to not win. But the Platoon has found ways to get to their opposition early and fast. Their key to winning the Challenge Cup is for them to dig into their history and what it meant to be a Blizzard member and to fight the army and make fast work of this upcoming team from Miami, Florida... Freeze them out and they could take the Cup.

Code:
Word Count: 179

[Image: blizz_banner.png]
[Image: WKP-BANNER.png]
I gave it a shot with paint but couldn't choose to be honest as I have mixed feelings with this series as I thought it would go to 7 games and had to take the team I was cheering on from the get go after my team was beat.

3 - pm sent

4 - If I had the money to buy one of these franchises I would have to go with the historical Platoon. This is a team that surprised many on route to the Challenge Cup Finals when no one thought they could make it. This team has a big history with Nando leading the charge with this team and Maxy finally getting his rebuild looking very good. It looks like this team is not in the rebuilding stage but that would have to be a question for management to decide. This franchise has the pieces it needs to be competitive for many years which is a good thing for the club. When people thought they were not ready to compete it was simply not because they don’t have the talent... but more of a question if the talent could handle the pressures of the Challenge Cup playoffs. And by making it to the Finals in one of the more difficult paths in the SHL, the Platoon is a team that I would invest in. This club has a bright future and as a potential owner that is a good thing to look at when spending money wisely because success needs to come for a while and the Platoon look like a team that could deliver for many seasons.
Code:
Word Count: 216

5 - Taking the Championship back to Roma would be an honour if I was blessed with winning the Challenge Cup. We would have a great deal of fun in such an amazing city that is deep in culture. Once we land I would take the Cup to St. Peter's Basillica for the cup to be in one of the most amazing buildings in Roma to start. I would then take the cup to the Colosseum. This is the ultimate home for a hard fought trophy like the Challenge Cup as being a victor in the games takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears just like fighting in the Colosseum. I’d then take it to the site of Ancient Rome, what better way in human civilization could the Challenge Cup go to see the ruins of what was a magnificent people in history. Our final stop would be to Vatican City where the Challenge Cup would get to meet with the Pope. This would be an action packed day for the Challenge Cup so that is why after all the festivities I’d take it home to spend some quality time with my folks
Code:
Word Count: 192

- Velevra - 11-13-2013

1) The S15 battle for the Challenge Cup will no doubt be a thrilling one.

The Edmonton Blizzard come into it as favorites and hope to become challenge cup winners after missing the playoffs last season. However they can't underestimate their opponent and need to play a simple game. They also need big performances from their star forwards like Ivo Willems, Kyle Keenen, and Laraque Obama in order to capitalize on the weak Platoon defense.

The Platoon come in as underdogs, just like that have in every series previous this season. They have to stick to their aggressive game and keep doing what they have been doing. Goaltender Urijah Winnfield will have to keep up his stellar play and the rest of the team in front of him will have to play a physical game in order to wear down the many Blizzard stars.

2)

3) Sent

4) If I had the opportunity to buy one of the teams in the S15 challenge cup finals it would have to be the Edmonton Blizzard. It would be a tough decision, especially considering that the West Kendall Platoon were the team to draft my first player - Shawn Velevra.

Ultimately though, I would elect to buy the Edmonton Blizzard for a few reasons. Firstly, Edmonton is a Canadian city that is relatively close to my hometown of Vancouver. The city of Edmonton also has a rich hockey history thanks to the Edmonton Oilers of the NHL. Edmonton feels like a bigger market that I could profit more out of than the West Kendall Market.

Also if consideration is the future of both teams. While both teams have a handful of young stars in their system, I feel that the Blizzard's future is especially bright. The Blizzard will be adding two stars to their lineup next season: Riko Muerto from the Kelowna Knights and Mikhail Krivokrasov of the Vancouver Whalers. Both of these players will without doubt become SHL stars and will give Edmonton fans something to look forward to every night.

Thus while both teams would be great SHL franchises to be an owner of, I would definitely elect to purchase the Edmonton Blizzard.

5) Every single player in the SHL has one ultimate goal: to win a challenge cup.

I hope that one day I will be lucky enough to see Shawn Velevra engraved on the challenge cup and when that day comes I will have the opportunity to take the cup back to my hometown of Port Moody, British Columbia.

Unlike some, I wouldn't throw a huge party or do anything crazy with the cup. I've always been a quiet guy and I would most likely bring the cup home for a small get together with those who are closest to me. I couldn't have gotten this far in my career after all if it wasn't for them. My parents would be there, they put me into hockey, drove me to practice, and bought my first equipment. My best friends who were always there to cheer me on and come to my games. And of course my wife who I know I can always count on for support.

After the little family get together, I would most likely being the cup to the Port Moody rec center where I grew up playing hockey so members of the community could come appreciate it and I could take photos and sign autographs for them!

- Wasty - 11-14-2013

1: Blizzard: The key component of the Blizzard winning is that their team continues to play like the veterans that they are. If this team gets down on their luck they need to dig deep inside and find that extra drive that they need to make a historical playoff series against the Platoon.

Platoon: This team needs to utilize its depth throughout the lineup to take out the Blizzard. If they solely rely on a few players to battle the Blizzard then they will have issues. This team must continue to believe in itself no matter what happens and with that they can have a chance.

Code:
Words: 105

2: [Image: S15CW_zpsee096a41.png]

3: Sent

4: If I had to choose between purchasing the Blizzard and the Platoon at the moment I would buy the Blizzard. This franchise has a deep history of winning and with Tez as GM this team will always be a force in the West and that makes it that valuable. The Blizzard always seem to find a way to get the man they want and to always find a way that they do not need to rebuild they will just simply retool and head back for the Cup. This Blizzard team has an appropriate group of seasoned veterans and some younger players looking to make a mark in the league. With Mikhail Krivokrasov leading the future of Edmonton this team will always find a way to succeed and that is what makes it valuable.

Edmonton has a deep history and being a in a hockey crazy market like Edmonton will always keep the cash flowing. And with this team finding ways to build towards long term and short term goals while not sacrificing too much the Blizzard are a team to watch out for yearly. This is why I would buy them because for some reason lady luck is with them and this team will not only line my pocket with gold but this team for some reason has that special touch of gold.
Code:
Words: 223

5: After winning the cup it would only be right for me to go home to Stara Lubovna, Slovakia. The first thing I would do is visit my family which is always important to me and get some home cooking since LA and Slovakia are so far away. Once I have adjusted and no longer jet lagged I would then take the Challenge Cup to the Ľubovňansky skanzen where the Cup would be on display for all the people to see for the day. This cultural icon of this town would see some modern history and it would be great for the town I am from. I would then take it to the local Castle and let fans join me with the cup and autographs and just spend the rest of my time with the cup with my family as I would not know when I would see them again.

Code:
Words: 150

- ORIGINSZ - 11-14-2013

1)
2)
3) Sent
4)
5)

- Muerto - 11-14-2013

1. KEYS TO THE SERIES:

EDM: The Blizzard were the dominant team in the SHL in the regular season. If they want to keep this going all the way to a Championship, what they need to do is get back to what they did all season long: balanced scoring throughout the lineup, defensemen jumping into the play offensively, playing a full 60 minutes, and continued awesomeness from goaltender Jakub Aittokallio. They have scoring punch from all 3 lines, and when they are all clicking at the same time they are a handful for any team. Also, beware of overconfidence. They blew series leads in both their first rounds and were forced to game 7's by Winnipeg and Calgary. Don't relax until it's over!

WKP: This is a team that has willingly adopted the 'nobody believes in us' attitude that can build team chemistry and keep the locker room tight. And, let's be honest ... nobody believes in them. But should they? When a team catches fire at the right time, anything is possible. This team already knocked off two teams that, by any rational evaluation, they shouldn't have been able to do. Now, Edmonton is their biggest challenge yet, and we can see if their emerging superstars in Emma Watson, Ammon Tutankhamen, and Urijah Winnfield are able to rise to it. The Platoon are no pushovers, they have team toughness, which they need to use to their advantage. And, finally, if the Platoon are to have a chance to win, Winnfield needs to outplay Aittokallio. I predict that the winning goaltender of this series will earn the Razov trophy, they are both outstanding young talents, and this is likely just the beginning of a fierce rivalry!

2. [Image: Banner_zps7824660d.jpg]

3. sent

4. If I had the $$$. If I had enough money to buy an SHL franchise, it would be the Edmonton Blizzard. There are a number of reasons why I would do this. Number one, it's the team that drafted me. Since I play for them, if I owned it I could force Tez to play me 45 minutes a night! And pay me $20M a year! And make JY carry *my* bags! Mwahaha!

Secondly, I am from Edmonton, so it's the home team for me, so it's an easy choice. And I would be a hero, because there's nothing more Albertans like than a rich, incompetent, arrogant scumbag! Also, I could keep threatening to move the team unless the city paid for a new arena, gave me tax breaks, built everything and ran everything but put any profit right in my pocket. And the city would do it, because Edmonton has a massive inferiority complex as a city, they so badly want other places to think they're cool (not just cold) so they would cave at everything rather than risk looking like a shitty place with nothing to do and nowhere to go. And meanwhile, since I was rich, I'd be living in Arizona and playing golf every day, and spending all the money I make from overpriced tickets and beer on rich guy things, like a solid gold yacht. Yeah, that's right, a yacht, even though I am in the desert, because that's how rich I am.

Thirdly, the fact is that it's a really good team. It's no accident that they've been to the finals twice in 3 years, Tez and his managing team hve a knack for building a strong, competitive team, and for being able to locate and attract
talented players through trades, free agency, and the draft. This is a team that looks likely to be a contender for many years, and I would want any team I owned to be good!

5. Woo! In my 2 games played, totaling 8 minutes, I managed to get 2 shots and was a +1. Therefore, the
league decided to name me as MVP. Totally understandable! So anyway, me and my CHallenge Cup and MVp trophy, well first we go stop in Kelowna so I can show all the rookies there what they can aspire to, and share it with the fans who welcomed and supported me for 2 years! After that, I would fly it to Reykjavik, Iceland, where I grew up and played my little league hockey, the whole country would show up to see it, I would automatically be named to the Iceland Sports Hall of Fame as a league champion! Then I would go to Bjork's house and we'd hang out. Also that guy from Lazy Town, he's a gymnast so kinda lame but he's from Iceland so he's cool. They are really the only famous people from Iceland. So other than that, I'd go stand up on the highest volcano in iceland and get my picture taken with my trophies! Then, from there, right back to training and get ready to do it all again!

- stud - 11-14-2013

1) The Blizzard are the strongest team in the SHL but it shouldn't be the reason for them to underestimate the West Kendall Platoon who have convincingly won their series against the Stars and the Wolfpack. They shouldn't be anywhere near the finals but that shouldn't stop them from playing. The Blizzard will need to play their game in the finals and even up their tempo more against these Platoon team. They need to do what they have been doing in their previous games - solid goaltending with depth scoring

The Platoon have miraculously made it in the Challenge Cup Finals. It is a great feeling to be in. The Platoon need to continue to play physical against the President's Trophy team and get them off their game. A fight would be advantage Platoon as the Blizzard have many outstanding players. If they send one of them in the box, it would really benefit the Platoon
[155 words]

TWO

THREE

FOUR

The Edmonton Blizzard are one of the most valuable team in the Simulation Hockey League and with their current roster and their stacked repository of top prospects, the Edmonton Blizzard will be competing for seasons to come. Despite their curse seasons with Seth Plaut as the GM, The Edmonton Blizzard are the winningest franchise in the SHL history with three cups. With a victory over the Platoon, they will double the number of cups any SHL team has. Barring any trades and retirements, the Blizzard will have almost the same roster next season with only Ivo Willems, Teemu Nurmi, and Gene Parmesan as their pending free agents, Reggie Williams with the possibility of retirement, and Mike Ochocinco, who they acquired at the trade deadline, retiring. Nonetheless, the Blizzard have two of the top prospects in the league in Riko Muerto and Mikhail Krivokrasov, who did not make it in their line up this season because of the Blizzard's stacked offense. Look for them to hunger a spot in the line-up next season. The Blizzard might not have any picks this season and next season but in these two seasons, the Blizzard will sure be competitive. There;s nothing that the Platoon can match that the Blizzard already has . 208 words

FIVE

The feeling of being MVP is great but it's pretty natural. I'm the best player after all. After lifting the Cup at Rexall Place in Edmonton, I felt as I was on autopilot. It didn't feel like I won it for the first time in my carrer. It felt like I deserved this. It felt like this is what should happen since the beginning and thus it happened that day. I am now in Antartica, visiting with my Challenge Cup. This is just the place to be - freezing cold, lot's of ice, some snow, and truly a Blizzard. The situation is quite fitting. This is my hometown after all. I visit the penguin's cave as it was one of the place where I would always go when I was younger. I see the penguins flop around. I placed the cup on the ground and all the penguins go excited as they would hop on the Challenge Cup - pushing the other penguins that would be on the cup. It was a large battle of who the emperor will be. Later that day, I visit the wolf's den where all the wolves hang out. I placed boar meat on the Challenge Cup. That's their favourite meat. Surprisingly, they shared the meat in a civilized manner. I pet all my pet wolves.

Lastly, I visited my polar bear and he gave me a big hug. I gave him some food and he liked it.

It was time to go. It was a farewell. It is rumoured that until this day, those animals are waiting for another Blizzard Challenge Cup. 246 words

- snipealldaylong - 11-14-2013

1) Edmonton Blizzard - The Blizz need to find the consistency that gave them so much success during the regular season. They were able to roll off a 20+ game winning streak, leading them to a President's Trophy for the best regular season record. During the first two rounds, Edmonton have found themselves in trouble a couple of times, the Jets and Dragons both pushing the regular season powerhouse team to a deciding seventh game.

West Kendall Platoon - The Platoon need to continue doing what they have been doing all playoffs long, beating the odds. They were wrote off by mosts of the experts as a pushover as the playoffs began. West Kendall responded by going up 3-2 on the East leading New England Wolfpack and eventually eliminating them in seven games. The next series seen the Platoon go up 2-0 on the Toronto North Stars before relinquishing that lead. They bounced back with a couple of wins to ice the series in six games. Don't count this team out until the buzzer has sounded to signal the end of the final game.

Code:
Words: 182

2) [Image: banner_zps96c76364.jpg]

3) Sent

4)
The team that I would buy if I were rich as fuck would be the Edmonton Blizzard. The franchise has a very rich history, now appearing in the their fifth Challenge Cup Finals series. Three of these five appearances came in the first four seasons of the existence of the SHL with the other pair coming in Seasons 13 and 15. The Blizz have won more Challenge Cups than any other franchise in the league and should they win it this season, they will have double the total cup wins than any other team. The roster is lined with superstar players or players who will become superstars in the near future from top to bottom. The depth on the team is amazing as some of the third and fourth line guys could be first or second liners on many other teams. The market in Edmonton is second to none, taking little to no effort to sell the team to the fan base. Although the draft pick shelf is bare this season, the Blizzard still have a first rounder in Season 17. It's scary to imagine how dominant this team has the potential to become for a very long time and that is why I would choose the Blizzard over the Platoon.

Code:
Words: 211

5)
It is highly unlikely that I will be named the MVP of the playoffs, should the Blizzard win the Challenge Cup. There are many more deserving candidates on the team who should be considered to win this prestigious award ahead of me. If I were to somehow, miracously win this award, I would be shocked and honoured at the same time. My day with the cup would see me fly back to my hometown of Regina, Saskatchewan where my family and girlfriend would meet me at the airport. We would spend some time catching up and spending some personal time together with the hardest trophy to win in professional sports. Next, I would head to my favourite pub, the Knotted Thistle Pub and spend some time with the locals,  chatting it up and pumping some brews back while they got a chance to see the Challenge Cup up close and personal. I would not go anywhere fancy or anything or do anything too extravagant. I just don't roll like that.

Code:
Words: 172