Simulation Hockey League
Your Team's Offseason - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: Your Team's Offseason (/showthread.php?tid=33230)

Pages: 1 2

- Brandon - 04-03-2014

I know there has been discussions of it elsewhere but here's an official thread for it. Here's what I'd like to see for my Devils.

New Jersey Devils

1) Release Pete DeBoer, Hire Peter Laviolette - Really not a big fan of DeBoer, and with the team missing the playoffs for the 2nd straight year I don't think Lamoriello will be re-signing him. I think Laviolette would be good fit for this team and he's a damn good coach IMO.

2) Compliance Buyout Bryce Salvador - The dude sucks in every aspect, he's a shitty defenseman, a shitty captain, and he makes too much money, and it's damn well near impossible to trade him. He needs to be gone, we have too much good youth on defense to have this hack taking up a roster spot.

3) Re-sign Jaromir Jagr and Marek Zidlicky - Probably our two main UFAs and I think it's really important that we get these guys re-signed, both have had phenomenal years and I think 1 Year @ $3.500 - $4.000 M a piece would be enough and worth it.

4) Re-sign Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta, Steve Bernier, Jacob Josefson, Adam Larsson, Eric Gelinas, and Keith Kinkaid - All of our minor UFAs and RFAs, I think all of these guys have places on the team and should all be signed for pretty cheap, so I don't need to go into contract details.

5) Let Martin Brodeur walk to Free Agency - The Brodeur era just needs to end, Cory Schneider is now our starting goaltender and it needs to be established right now. Marty can go to Minnesota or elsewhere to get his playing time in his final season, but it can't happen here.

6) Trade Michael Ryder - He's been a little streaky and inconsistent as a Devil and I feel him and Brunner create a redundancy in the roster, and I believe Brunner has outplayed Ryder this year. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I don't think it's out of the question to get a late 2nd Rounder or a 3rd Rounder from a contending team.

7) Sign Matt Moulson in UFA - Really we just need any of the big forwards out there (Vanek, Gaborik, Cammalleri, Statsny, take your pick), but I think Moulson is the perfect fit for this team. We need someone that can put home those rebounds in front of the net, we really lost that when Parise left two summers ago. I think $6.250 or $6.500 M would be fair and worth it for him, I'd be delighted with that.

Lineup:

M. Moulson ($6.250 M) / T. Zajac ($5.750 M) / J. Jagr ($3.500 M)
A. Henrique ($4.000 M) / P. Elias ($5.500 M) / D. Brunner ($2.500 M)
R. Clowe ($4.850 M) / D. Zubrus ($3.100 M) / T. Ruutu ($3.800 M)
R. Carter ($0.925 M) / J. Josefson ($0.800 M) / S. Matteau ($0.842 M)
S. Bernier ($0.850 M), S. Gionta ($0.800 M)

A. Greene ($3.000 M) / A. Larsson ($0.925 M)
A. Volchenkov ($4.250 M) / M. Zidlicky ($3.500 M)
J. Merrill ($0.840 M) / E. Gelinas ($0.925 M)
P. Harrold ($0.800 M)

C. Schneider ($4.000 M)
K. Kinkaid ($0.800 M)

Cap Space: ~$7.750 M

- idot - 04-03-2014

Canucks:

trade every1

- HabsFanFromOntario - 04-03-2014

Let go of DeBoer because your roster is full of substandard NHLers? Your best players are Jagr and Elias. You just don't have the talent to be a play-off team. That's Kovy's fault for leaving.

- Brandon - 04-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Apr 3 2014, 05:01 PM
Let go of DeBoer because your roster is full of substandard NHLers? Your best players are Jagr and Elias. You just don't have the talent to be a play-off team. That's Kovy's fault for leaving.
DeBoer has made awful roster decisions for two years now, he believes that Stephen Gionta makes any line he's on better and he sits players like Gelinas and Larsson in favor of benders like Harrold and Salvador. Plus, he's often severely out-coached, the amount of games this season where we've been getting outshot 30-10 and he hasn't made any adjustments is just ridiculous.

Ask any Devils fan, he's awful.

EDIT: Also i'm not placing the entire blame on him for us not making the playoffs, just saying that since we have missed the playoffs for the 2nd straight year and Lamoriello historically has been impatient with coaches, I don't think he'll be back.

- Buster - 04-03-2014

Re-sign Hemsky, Michalek and add a D basically

- GroupMeIsKindOfOkay - 04-03-2014

Bruins: Re-sign Iggy, do nothing else

- Nike - 04-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Apr 3 2014, 05:13 PM
Bruins: Re-sign Iggy, do nothing else

Umm don't forget we've got some other pieces that need some FA attention. Krug, smith (iirc), backup tendy (or call up svedberg

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Apr 3 2014, 05:44 PM

Umm don't forget we've got some other pieces that need some FA attention. Krug, smith (iirc), backup tendy (or call up svedberg
well obvi re-sign our RFAs
and yea call up Svedberg

but i mean nothing major or even remotely major

- Toast - 04-03-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Apr 3 2014, 05:06 PM
Re-sign Hemsky, Michalek and add a D basically

Add in some extensions. Cry bitch tears come draft day.

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Apr 3 2014, 06:23 PM

Add in some extensions. Cry bitch tears come draft day.
at least you have experience as Chiefs GM <3

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 04-05-2014

Franzen - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Iginla
Tatar - Sheahan - Selanne
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo
Andersson, Glendening

Kronwall - Gilbert
Ericsson - Morris
Dekeyser - Salo
Kindl

Howard
Mrazek

B) its gonna happen

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 04-05-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Apr 3 2014, 05:55 PM

[b]1) Release Pete DeBoer, Hire Peter Laviolette -
Really not a big fan of DeBoer, and with the team missing the playoffs for the 2nd straight year I don't think Lamoriello will be re-signing him. I think Laviolette would be good fit for this team and he's a damn good coach IMO.
[/b]
Should bring up Kowalsky tbh

- Reynolds - 04-05-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Apr 3 2014, 01:55 PM
I know there has been discussions of it elsewhere but here's an official thread for it. Here's what I'd like to see for my Devils.

[b]New Jersey Devils

1) Release Pete DeBoer, Hire Peter Laviolette - Really not a big fan of DeBoer, and with the team missing the playoffs for the 2nd straight year I don't think Lamoriello will be re-signing him. I think Laviolette would be good fit for this team and he's a damn good coach IMO.

2) Compliance Buyout Bryce Salvador - The dude sucks in every aspect, he's a shitty defenseman, a shitty captain, and he makes too much money, and it's damn well near impossible to trade him. He needs to be gone, we have too much good youth on defense to have this hack taking up a roster spot.

3) Re-sign Jaromir Jagr and Marek Zidlicky - Probably our two main UFAs and I think it's really important that we get these guys re-signed, both have had phenomenal years and I think 1 Year @ $3.500 - $4.000 M a piece would be enough and worth it.

4) Re-sign Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta, Steve Bernier, Jacob Josefson, Adam Larsson, Eric Gelinas, and Keith Kinkaid - All of our minor UFAs and RFAs, I think all of these guys have places on the team and should all be signed for pretty cheap, so I don't need to go into contract details.

5) Let Martin Brodeur walk to Free Agency - The Brodeur era just needs to end, Cory Schneider is now our starting goaltender and it needs to be established right now. Marty can go to Minnesota or elsewhere to get his playing time in his final season, but it can't happen here.

6) Trade Michael Ryder - He's been a little streaky and inconsistent as a Devil and I feel him and Brunner create a redundancy in the roster, and I believe Brunner has outplayed Ryder this year. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I don't think it's out of the question to get a late 2nd Rounder or a 3rd Rounder from a contending team.

7) Sign Matt Moulson in UFA - Really we just need any of the big forwards out there (Vanek, Gaborik, Cammalleri, Statsny, take your pick), but I think Moulson is the perfect fit for this team. We need someone that can put home those rebounds in front of the net, we really lost that when Parise left two summers ago. I think $6.250 or $6.500 M would be fair and worth it for him, I'd be delighted with that.

Lineup:

M. Moulson ($6.250 M) / T. Zajac ($5.750 M) / J. Jagr ($3.500 M)
A. Henrique ($4.000 M) / P. Elias ($5.500 M) / D. Brunner ($2.500 M)
R. Clowe ($4.850 M) / D. Zubrus ($3.100 M) / T. Ruutu ($3.800 M)
R. Carter ($0.925 M) / J. Josefson ($0.800 M) / S. Matteau ($0.842 M)
S. Bernier ($0.850 M), S. Gionta ($0.800 M)

A. Greene ($3.000 M) / A. Larsson ($0.925 M)
A. Volchenkov ($4.250 M) / M. Zidlicky ($3.500 M)
J. Merrill ($0.840 M) / E. Gelinas ($0.925 M)
P. Harrold ($0.800 M)

C. Schneider ($4.000 M)
K. Kinkaid ($0.800 M)

Cap Space: ~$7.750 M[/b]
I agree with everything except the Zidlicky part. I dislike him extensively!

- gorlab - 04-05-2014

Buy Patty Roy a couple hookers and a bag of blow and tell him to keep it moving.

Get a good d-man or something else too.

o and resign stastny & andre benoit

- DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDZ!!! - 04-05-2014

Trade Edler for picks
Tell Aquaman to let Gilli's do his thing
Sign Moulson to play with Kes and Jensen

Sedins-Burr/Kass
Jensen-Kes-Moulson
Higgy-Richardson-Burr/Kass
Tostitos-Random-Hansen

Juice-Ham
Garry-Tanev