Simulation Hockey League
Suggestion for Simming Pattern - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Suggestion for Simming Pattern (/showthread.php?tid=35056)

Pages: 1 2 3

- FourFour - 06-04-2014

4 SHL days per 1 Real day up to the 25 game mark (last team to hit 25 games)
3 SHL days per 1 Real day from 25 game mark to the 35 game mark
2 SHL days per 1 real day from the 35 game mark to the 45 game mark
1 SHL days per 1 real day from the 45 game mark to the 50 game mark

Reasoning?

The beginning of the season shouldn't go so slowly, its boring, it just allows GMs to find combinations and shit, but it doesn't do the players any good. Then the 25 to 35 game mark is where it heats up, trade deadline time, and players want to change for their team and whatnot, 35-45 game mark, playoff race is heaitng up and seeds are being set, going to two days (sim now) sets for GMs to make line changes accordingly. Lastly, 1 day for 1 real day for last 5, the playoff race needs some hype right?

I know I will be ridiculed for this, like MOST ideas presented, but its just a suggestion. Please leave comments.

- ByrdeMan - 06-04-2014

Cool just like u.

- Ragnar - 06-04-2014

I like this.

- Schmidt - 06-04-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg@Jun 4 2014, 08:06 PM
I like this.
Yeahthat

- Gifter of Bikes - 06-04-2014

That has a pretty significant effect on the quantity of training that can be done each season...

- FourFour - 06-04-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 4 2014, 08:21 PM
That has a pretty significant effect on the quantity of training that can be done each season...

That is correct.

- Nike - 06-04-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 4 2014, 10:21 PM

This would mean pushing back regression...and figuring out the proper amount of seasons for regression to ensure that things line up with the current system

- Schmidt - 06-04-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 4 2014, 08:21 PM
I never thought of that, however after doing the math it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

(25/4) = 6-7 real days
(10/3) = 3-4 real days
(10/2) = 5 real days

Plus 5 real days for the last 5 SHL days makes 19-21 total, so we'll put it at three weeks, The current system seems to do about 2 games per day, so about 25 days (unless I'm missing something, I am newish here).

What is the current simming system?

- Gifter of Bikes - 06-04-2014

This also prevents GMs from being able to adjust their lines for essentially has a season.

- gorlab - 06-04-2014

I originally liked the idea a lot, but GoB raises some solid counter-arguments. Now I'm torn.

- Schmidt - 06-05-2014

GM's would be able to change their lines every 4 games for the first half of the season... it's not like they literally couldn't do anything for 25 games.

- JNH - 06-05-2014

You've brought this up elsewhere before no?

- Otrebor13 - 06-05-2014

At first it seems like a pretty reasonable suggestion, but I feel as though what GoB has brought up is a very valid and strong point. The fact that the season gets cut so much means that players lose out on weeks and weeks of training, essentially cutting down the development of players and taking many more seasons before you can become decent. At the same time, having 4 SHL sims in one day means that GMs really can't adjust any line combinations. LA didn't start too well this season, and it took a couple of days before some good line combos were done up. Essentially teams could go the first 25 games with bad lines and be stuck at the bottom of their conference, which I'm not a fan of.

Also, what about players who take some time off/away from the SHL. They could potentially miss a whole season if they're gone for a month of so and be into the next season. They completely lose out on the PTs that others were able to complete.

It's a decent suggestion, but I think it would be kind of a bad direction to go in to speed up the season for as quickly as you're suggesting.

- Gifter of Bikes - 06-05-2014

Quote:Originally posted by schmidtzkrieg@Jun 4 2014, 11:06 PM
GM's would be able to change their lines every 4 games for the first half of the season... it's not like they literally couldn't do anything for 25 games.

Every 4, then every 3, for over half the season? That's a tough sell.

- ORIGINSZ - 06-05-2014

Its too drastic an hurts everyone from GMs to playersIve been here god 13-14 seasons an it took awhille but we got the shit down pretty good that even the offseason/playoffs dont take horribly long an people lose interest.

I dont like it its too much hurts GM an players an makes PBP even short forms 10x the work we just got people doing pbps again imagine doing dounle the games? That kill it again an we dont want that