Simulation Hockey League
2014 Free Agent Frenzy - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (/showthread.php?tid=36167)

- teztify - 06-30-2014

24 hours away!

Apparently the Habs and Leafs have a deal to send Gorges to Toronto pending him waiving his NTC.. That's a big if since he didn't want to go to any Canadian teams. For Lupul maybe?

- Maxy - 06-30-2014

Big risk for MTL if so. Lupul's as durable as wet toilet paper.

I for one, am pissed I will be working tomorrow ALL day, :( Tomorrow and Wednesday actually. So I'm gonna miss all the fun

- teztify - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 30 2014, 11:12 AM
Big risk for MTL if so. Lupul's as durable as wet toilet paper.

I for one, am pissed I will be working tomorrow ALL day, :( Tomorrow and Wednesday actually. So I'm gonna miss all the fun

I'm assuming it's for cap purposes (Gorges makes 3.9M for the next 4 years), as well as making room for our younger defensemen. Plus we're reportedly in on Dan Boyle, though I hope not. That's why I can't see it being for Franson like some are saying - Franson is the type of defenseman we have enough of and he won't be getting paid much less than Gorges is.

- Dion - 06-30-2014

I'd love Josh Gorges on the Leafs, doubt it happens. I heard he wouldn't waive his NTC to come to TO

Gorges - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly - Gleason
Granberg

Not bad... Mobility on each pairing and shutdown on the other.

- Carl - 06-30-2014

Ehrhoff to Caps plzzzzzzzzsszszszzsssssz

- teztify - 06-30-2014

It will suck to lose a guy like Gorges if he waives, but he did not play like a 3.9M defenseman last season and we've got Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren, and Pateryn knocking on the door.

- ORIGINSZ - 06-30-2014

I just dont want the Flames to over spend on bad FAs to hit the cap floor

- Maxy - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jun 30 2014, 10:14 AM

I'm assuming it's for cap purposes (Gorges makes 3.9M for the next 4 years), as well as making room for our younger defensemen. Plus we're reportedly in on Dan Boyle, though I hope not. That's why I can't see it being for Franson like some are saying - Franson is the type of defenseman we have enough of and he won't be getting paid much less than Gorges is.
Are the Canadiens trying to take on cap? Lupul's at like 5.5 isn't he?

- teztify - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 30 2014, 11:19 AM

Are the Canadiens trying to take on cap? Lupul's at like 5.5 isn't he?

Well, for cap if the trade is for Franson like some are saying. It makes sense to trade Gorges for cap purposes, but I don't see how Franson helps in that regard.

- Carl - 06-30-2014

I'd pay more than Franson for Gorges... Hope the Caps are in on it.

Reports are saying we want Niskanen which I fucking hate. He's a decent option but is far from my first choice especially when we could get someone like Ehrhoff or Gorges.

- Ace - 06-30-2014

Bruins are going to have to deal away some roster players to make salary room for Krug and Smith.. nevermind $$ for Iginla if they decide to bring him back.

Looking like one of Marchand or Boychuk are going to be on their way out of Boston.

- Ace - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jun 30 2014, 10:22 AM
I'd pay more than Franson for Gorges... Hope the Caps are in on it.

Reports are saying we want Niskanen which I fucking hate. He's a decent option but is far from my first choice especially when we could get someone like Ehrhoff or Gorges.
Niskanen is good if he's going to be sheltered to 2nd/3rd pairing minutes.

- Carl - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Jun 30 2014, 09:24 AM

Niskanen is good if he's going to be sheltered to 2nd/3rd pairing minutes.
I know. There have been plenty of lengthy write ups on the options that the Caps have by Caps bloggers and Niskanen is simply not a great fit. But it seems that's who our new GM is targeting the most.

- Ochocinco - 06-30-2014

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jun 30 2014, 08:08 AM
24 hours away!

Apparently the Habs and Leafs have a deal to send Gorges to Toronto pending him waiving his NTC.. That's a big if since he didn't want to go to any Canadian teams. For Lupul maybe?
Sauce?

Edit: Nvm Bob McKenzie, I got it.

- Carl - 06-30-2014

Ehrhoff - Carlson
Alzner - Green/Niskanen

Drool