Simulation Hockey League
S39 - Preseason Index - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Game Center (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Game Center (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=726)
+---- Forum: SHL Games (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: S39 - Preseason Index (/showthread.php?tid=83314)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Hallsy - 01-26-2018

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jan 26 2018, 09:09 PM

I was always told discipline exclusively reduces penalties, not hits. -_-
Whoever told u dat was dumb.

But did u think someone with 90 Discipline will hit a poop ton?

- Avakael - 01-26-2018

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Jan 27 2018, 01:40 PM

Whoever told u dat was dumb.

But did u think someone with 90 Discipline will hit a poop ton?
I think that STHS seems to be made up of so many statistics that are poorly associated with each other that it's a bit of a shock to find that even hits and penalties interact.

- tweedledunn - 01-26-2018

Blink

- PeanutButter - 01-26-2018

I'm okay I guess.

- artermis - 01-27-2018

Quote:Originally posted by PeanutButter@Jan 26 2018, 11:31 PM
I'm okay I guess.
ur amazing

- JayWhy - 01-27-2018

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jan 26 2018, 10:13 PM

I think that STHS seems to be made up of so many statistics that are poorly associated with each other that it's a bit of a shock to find that even hits and penalties interact.
Hits and penalties interact in real life too. A player who's recklessly hitting everything that moves (presumably someone who would have high checking then) is more likely to be late on one or hit from behind or interfere in some way and have more penalties. Your higher discipline basically means you're rethinking whether you should make that hit or not, you're timing them out more.

Also for whoever it was that pointed out that snipers have a ton of assists and playmakers more goals on some team. It's been proven in STHS since about S14 that I can remember in Edmonton, shots on goal produce assists. Which is also true in real life. Rebounds create opportunity, snipers are among the best playmakers for that reason and playmakers are typically, for some reason, good at getting to the net to get those.

- Wally - 01-27-2018

As a goalie in real life, discipline sure as hell effects the frequency of hitting. I’d rather my dman body up in the slot than take off to the corner just to haul off on someone. Having the discipline to know when to go hard into the corner and when you can carry your momentum thru a hit. If you can’t effectively do the later, then expect to take yourself out of the play regardless of whether the opposing player is laying on the ground or not. The best defenders in the game and irl have the discipline to distinguish the right play in the current scenario.

- Avakael - 01-27-2018

Of course they interact in real life. I'm calling the sim engine shit, but then suddenly unexpectedly competent in this one inconvenient way.

- ThePandava - 01-27-2018

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jan 26 2018, 09:38 PM
>Has the highest checking on his entire team
>Never fucking checks

Can you rectify that plz

Thanks

- Jenny - 01-27-2018

<a href='index.php?showuser=232' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>JayWhy</a>

my childe is soft again

Wolfpack Mia Landvik Fighting 32>25

- ej27 - 01-27-2018

<a href='index.php?showuser=232' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>JayWhy</a>

Linna Platoon fighting (33-->25)

Player Page

- Symmetrik - 01-27-2018

Chris York Stars
DI -> 68
FO -> 81

Player Page

- Leafs4ever - 01-27-2018

Blizzard line fixes:

4v4 Forward should be 0-2-3
4v4 Defense should be 1-2-2
Penalty Kill 4 Players Forward should be 50/50
Extra Forwards PK1 should be Teddy Cuddles
Shawn Stephens is in the minors, replace with Wayne Hetzky (scratches then being Sorensen, Vikström, Hetzky)

- Rich - 01-27-2018

Jonathan Lundberg's Discipline should be at 62.

player page

Thank you!

- Steelhead77 - 01-27-2018

Chuck Goody Jr
SC: 42 -> 44

Player Page

-Thanks