Simulation Hockey League
SHL on NHL 2004 Project - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: SHL on NHL 2004 Project (/showthread.php?tid=85216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

SHL on NHL 2004 Project - ArGarBarGar - 04-15-2018

So awhile back I was introduced to the NHL 2004 Rebuilt "mod" for NHL 2004 on the PC. It made me want to do something similar with SHL teams, and I haven't been able to do it because I didn't have the game for the PC.

Now I do.

So over the past couple weeks I have been learning the ins and outs of the game files, and have made significant progress as far as knowing what to do to import an SHL team into the game.

There is still a lot to do, and I do not know how much I will be able to fully customize, but I am at least far enough I can show a small teaser of what I would hope to accomplish, and see how interested the community is in seeing something like this.

[Image: Uf4MyGg.gif]

The end goal is mainly for exhibition games or little tournaments for fun, possibly during the offseason between non-playoff teams or whenever someone wants to see hockey. We could even do All-Star games on this format with custom jerseys With this game there are many more customization options than in the current gen, just because I can edit almost anything I want.

So if there is interest in me continuing this, please let me know.

- Dangles13 - 04-15-2018

I think the visual appeal of this is too much to pass up.

- Cyanide - 04-15-2018

This sounds great, especially for something to look forward to in the off-season.

- artermis - 04-15-2018

You are fucking astounding

I think I'm more impressed by your gif-making skills, but damn, I think we can all agree we salivate at the idea of a sim engine where we may watch our players play and the game play out.

We had them on and off throughout my 20 seasons, and I'd love to see more of them, that's for sure.

- .bojo - 04-15-2018

Im a fan of gifs where LAPA is getting wrecked over and over.

Really cool stuff garbar

- .bojo - 04-15-2018

I think having some sort of visual element to the site, even if unofficial, would be amazing progress. It's one of the great things about SCORacing

- Samsung virtual assistant - 04-15-2018

The cool thing with NHL04 is that you can even add custom faces to the players, and goalie masks. Smile I'd love to see some all-star games!

- dnL - 04-15-2018

I'm in, it'd be a ton of fun no matter how it's used.

- Eggy216 - 04-15-2018

This would be really cool

- Keygan - 04-15-2018

looks amazing.

- WannabeFinn - 04-15-2018

yaaaaasssss

- JumpierPegasus - 04-15-2018

Sounds dope af

- LB. - 04-15-2018

love this idea. If you need help with nhlview and stuff, hit me up.

- jRuutu - 04-15-2018

Looks really nice! Would love to see more of this! Cheers

- crutch - 04-15-2018

looks incredible argar