Simulation Hockey League
Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ (/showthread.php?tid=91123)

Pages: 1 2

Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - luke - 12-11-2018

So I was going to write a couple articles, but I feel that most of them would have been like 100-200 words, and I dont want to spam articles out so Im just going to bundle them here.

First is the end of an era for the Whalers

After 3 straight Laurifers Trophies and 1 cup win out of our dynasty, things are starting to close out of this chapter in the Whalers history. We have seen some turnover with Adam stepping down and Glyc and I stepping up this season, we did fairly well, getting 3rd in placements, which is pretty good in my opinion after winning laurifers for 3 seasons in a row, and drafting very well. Only having a couple inactives along the road and the disappointing LB, we had a very great legacy to continue on with.

From the last 4 seasons of drafting, these are the people entering/entered the SHL. Or on track to get into the SHL
Buck Maverick @timeconsumer
Herb Robert @r1c3bowl22
Geoff Moore @"Leppish"
Tokek Takshak @GeckoeyGecko
Soren Kierkegaard @Tlk742
David Kabstra @hewasajazzman
Max Mauldin @Wasty
Luke Thomason @me
Jack Kennedy @JRed94
Johannes Leitner @"AndrewWarren13"
Shaquille Derisraka @Kevin Juice Bieksa
Barret McCarthy @Inf1d3l
Lillie Jacbos @Benson  (ps, glad that you are active again and get the time you deserve)
Andy Kerr @Snuffalupagus

These are the people who arent
Noah Nowes @Plasman  pls update next time
Carlo Russo (rip)
Marcel Puhringer
Tauras Karazija
Cash Considerations

14/19 players drafted by Vancouver(minus 2 people who were throwaways), thats a 73% rate from people who go from SMJHL to SHL. Maybe if Tauras comes back and Russo comes back that will go up a little bit more that would be nice, but anyway there is some great players in the SHL.

Like I said earlier Infidel and AndrewWarren (Barret McCarthy, and Leitner) had broken some seasonal standings but now Infidel and AndrewWarren have done it again in the playoffs, with Infidel getting into the Top 5 shots blocked, with 24, getting 3rd place, and AndrewWarren in top 5 most wins in the playoffs, with 16 wins in total, tieing 2nd place.

Andrew Martin(Kimmy) is also in the top 5 goals in playoffs, tieing for 6th place with 13 goals.

Tauras Karazija also is tied for 5th place of his career in Shots blocked in the playoffs with 35.

David Kabstra is also on the list for all time regular Season hits with 325, making him 4th most in hits.

Its a good era for the whalers, and will be hard to replace these guys, good luck with your SHL careers and dont forget about us when you retire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second is with the stepping down of JSS and TDZ from Detroit and Halifax Respectively.
@JSS  @TheDangaZone
For the careers of JSS and TDZ, JSS had the better gm ship, as detroit had a lot of a stronger playoff runs as well as making it deeper into the playoff run. TDZ inherited a losing team, missing the playoffs in Season 38,39,41,42,43, and now 44. He drafted pretty well in S43, getting a lot of guys up to 350, but I think the mix of not getting into the playoffs as well as some personal stuff, a lot of those players kinda busted out. My final thought on this is that we shouldn't keep teams from the playoffs in the SMJHL, because we shouldn't have teams that miss it and have people waiting a couple weeks til they see themselves back in the sim again. Even going out in the 1st round would make it better than missing the playoffs at all. Id say TDZ wasn't the best SMJHL GM as he was also had a lot of time invested into being in HO on the site, I think that SMJHL GM is a lot harder than people think, as it is kinda their job to keep people interested in the site, by having their player in the sim, and hopeful for the future and getting drafted etc

JSS, JSS inherited a team that was really a bottom 6 playoff team, one that would always make the playoffs, but never a team that would be 1st or 2nd in the league. After a lot of turnover JSS got detroit to 1st place in this season and drafted extremely well, but sadly bowed out in the 2nd round to Colorado. Tough Simon T luck, JSS is heading to GM Seattle and I think will do a good job at it. He knows what to do, and will keep his plan in motion after a failed rebuild.

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - thedangazone - 12-11-2018

To be fair on my end. I could not get my team to do anything in tests ever. No matter what line blender i put them through they always struggled. Made no sense to me tbh. I literally tried every combo. Idk if that’s on my drafting or what but having a capped top 9 forwards and capped top 4 D with a 350 goalie amd still struggling never made sense to me.

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - JSS - 12-11-2018

Nice article Luke, you’re a great SMJHL GM and I wish you best of luck (except for when you’re playing detroit)

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - luke - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:17 PMTheDangaZone Wrote: To be fair on my end. I could not get my team to do anything in tests ever. No matter what line blender i put them through they always struggled. Made no sense to me tbh. I literally tried every combo. Idk if that’s on my drafting or what but having a capped top 9 forwards and capped top 4 D with a 350 goalie amd still struggling never made sense to me.

Definitely Simon T luck is always apart of it and it cucks good teams at times

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - Tomen - 12-11-2018

Imagine if Merica and Maxy didn't change the SMJHL from where we had conferences and every team made the playoffs to no conference and 2 teams miss.

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - luke - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:26 PMJSS Wrote: Nice article Luke, you’re a great SMJHL GM and I wish you best of luck (except for when you’re playing detroit)

Thank you, but Detroit is trash and I hope you never get passed the 2nd round.

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - SlashACM - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:47 PMluketd Wrote:
12-11-2018, 09:26 PMJSS Wrote: Nice article Luke, you’re a great SMJHL GM and I wish you best of luck (except for when you’re playing detroit)

OHHHHHHH SHIT

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - Mayuu - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:47 PMluketd Wrote:

Go back to making spreadsheets nerd. Ilu

12-11-2018, 09:52 PMMayuu Wrote:
12-11-2018, 09:47 PMluketd Wrote: Thank you, but Detroit is trash and I hope you never get passed the 2nd round.

Go back to making spreadsheets nerd. Ilu
Already doing that, this is my spare time ilu

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - Mayuu - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:53 PMluketd Wrote:
12-11-2018, 09:52 PMMayuu Wrote: Go back to making spreadsheets nerd. Ilu
Already doing that, this is my spare time ilu

You should be nicer in your spare time. Let's sing a song. You start.

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - Grapehead - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 09:17 PMTheDangaZone Wrote: To be fair on my end. I could not get my team to do anything in tests ever. No matter what line blender i put them through they always struggled. Made no sense to me tbh. I literally tried every combo. Idk if that’s on my drafting or what but having a capped top 9 forwards and capped top 4 D with a 350 goalie amd still struggling never made sense to me.

why didn't you say "capped" for the goalie tho?

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - thedangazone - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 10:10 PMGrapehead Wrote:

why didn't you say "capped" for the goalie tho?

Because I was typing on mobile while eating a dairy queen blizzard and didn't think about it Tongue

RE: Whalers Co-Gm's finals thoughts + something about JSS and TDZ - SlashACM - 12-11-2018

12-11-2018, 10:21 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
12-11-2018, 10:10 PMGrapehead Wrote: why didn't you say "capped" for the goalie tho?

Because I was typing on mobile while eating a dairy queen blizzard and didn't think about it Tongue

Bro share

12-11-2018, 10:22 PMSlashACM Wrote:
12-11-2018, 10:21 PMTheDangaZone Wrote: Because I was typing on mobile while eating a dairy queen blizzard and didn't think about it Tongue

Bro share

Too fat. No share

12-11-2018, 10:29 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
12-11-2018, 10:22 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bro share

Too fat. No share

>:(