Simulation Hockey League
S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down (/showthread.php?tid=92364)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Ace - 01-09-2019

I have to say that I really looked up to the way Randy Randleman played the game when I was entering the league. He was a truly dominant two way centerman on an elite team in Calgary. He played the game the right way – strong off of the puck, always in the right areas of the ice with his stick in the right area. Strong at the faceoff dot. Strong offensively and creative too. When I was playing with the St. Louis Scarecrows in the SMJHL, he was always someone that I wanted to emulate.

It didn’t change as I made my debut in Edmonton. It was awesome when I was able to make my debut with the Blizzard that season and saw him come in for a faceoff against me. I actually asked him for a signed stick at the end of that game. The sheer fact that he’s still playing games here in the SHL is a testament to the hard work he put into becoming the player he was.

@Ballerstorm

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - MyLittleHexx - 01-09-2019

[Image: UWuruQg.jpg]

@Ballerstorm

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Leppish - 01-09-2019

[Image: 4QRV8CM.png]

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Muford - 01-09-2019

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=11608&view=findpost&p=169134

NSFL Welfare

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - daBenchwarmer - 01-09-2019

Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that.

Aha, it's good to be on here, thanks for having me George. First guy to catch my eye when I came into the league had to have been Ludwig Koch Schroder, it's just the way he carries himself and presents himself both on and off the ice that got me. Not only is he widely respected by both his teammates and opponents alike, but he's also pretty talented as well. I mean the plays this guy is capable of, are just... amazing. I definitely tried modelling my game after his when I was growing up in Hungary and while I was playing in Sweden. He's just so good, and I can't wait for the opportunity to face off against him. Really shouldn't be saying this, but even though he hasn't won a cup, if I can become just half the player he was in the league, then I'd call my career a success.

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - 39alaska39 - 01-09-2019

[Image: 9kk2dk9.jpg]
@Evok

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - DrunkenTeddy - 01-09-2019

One guy that I really admired when I joined the league was Jasper Clayton @Eggy216. When I joined Clayton was at the prime of his career. He seemed to be miles ahead of anyone else in development and it was clear that he was going to have a long successful career. We may not have played the same position, but seeing someone train at his level and stay a relevant successful player for as long as he did really inspired me to try and do the same. Clayton ended his career after playing 900 career regular season games, which to me is pretty incredible. If I can match or get more games played than that in my career I'll be extremely happy to be in such good company. Clayton may have retired after S43, but he inspired a lot of great players to follow the example he set for them.

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Fantobens - 01-09-2019

When I was drafted into the SMJHL there was a guy in the locker room from the previous years draft. He was very stoic. A man of few words, but his work ethic spoke volumes. Little did I know that wouldn't last long.

That man is the late great Pingy Pingu.

The way he held himself in the locker room, and on the ice was something to see. He was a great player to look up to and some One Night in and night out that you know would have your back. He played the game the right way the way it should be played. His love for his team and his teammates was unparalleled. I was honored to call him a teammate and a friend.

Everything changed the night before the trade deadline.

I got a call late that night saying Pingy had died in a tragic ice fishing accident. I was crushed. The man I had looked up to for three seasons was gone. It was a somber mood in the Detroit locker room for the rest of the season. A mood that carried right over into the playoffs.

I'll never forget what he would always say before we went onto the ice. It always brings a tear to my eye when I walked by the sign at the entrance to the Detroit locker room that shares this quote with future Generations of Detroit Falcons players.

"Noot, noot."

@Pingy Pingu

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Snuffalupagus - 01-09-2019

"Wow, great question, George. And it's an easy answer, too. If there was one player I've looked up to - one I've built my game emulating - it's gotta be Jon Ross (@JR95, sorry if any of this is wrong dude). He was also drafted by the same team as me - represent those whale tails, boys - and played the same position. Of course, that was back in S30 or something, though the seasons have gone by, the game is still the same. And Jon Ross's game defense. Not many people remember that Ross started out as a Center back as a rookie, it was only seasons later that he switched to defense (@. and those slick play making abilities. I've tried my best to channel Jon Ross (PRE-DEFENSE) into my play, and I think it shows. Jon, if you're watching, just wanna say 'hi, how are ya?' He's a great guy."

159 werdz

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Pingy Pingu - 01-09-2019

:cries: its so beautiful <3

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - kckolbe - 01-09-2019

PBE PT http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=4711&view=findpost&p=54550

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - BigTittySmitty - 01-09-2019

PBE PT

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - bana - 01-09-2019

Quote:George: Welcome to the show, and lets begin with this.. who was that first player when you joined the league that caught your eye? the one you wanted to emulate your game after, the person who's success you coveted on or off the ice, the one you first admired, and why?.. let us know alittle about that."
-> @Steelhead77

Looking back on my SHL days, I've had some good success. Coming back into the league with a new sniping winger - Hiro Fujikawa, the first person I thought of was actually myself. Not wanting to sound like a dick though, I went with Esa Anrikansnbdhjvsdbn (I've always struggled with the name, haha). For me, he's as close as it came to Magnus Jakobsen for me. We were competing at similar times, had similar potential and became similar players. The difference was that he continued on while Magnus Jakobsen hung up the skates. I love how dominant Esa has been over his career. The star power he has been able to maintain is incredible and his offensive statistics are something I'm strongly striving for when Hiro Fujikawa finally skates on SHL surfaces.

As Hiro Fujikawa progresses throughout his career, he wouldn't say that he's going to follow his build patterns. You can already see a difference in what kind of style they want to be. Though, some of his dominant, hard playing aspects - of course, are something Fujikawa is going to want to pick up. "I want to write my own legacy and be unique for the league, my fans and myself. I really want to be one of the best players".

Smile

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - JKortesi81 - 01-10-2019

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but to be fair, i was young and didn't know better. When i first got to the league, I wanted to be the next VLAD McZehrl ( @Chris-McZehrl ). It was S30, and I don't think anyone comes to the SHL thinking "I'd really love to be a third line plug when I get older!". Vlad McZ was tearing the league apart that first season i was here, getting 69 points, and leading the league. I wanted to lead the league in points and be an MVP candidate one day (nailed that, by the way), and McZ was that player. Eventually, i realized a lot of people got pissed off with how he played 28 minutes a game and eventually rules were changed. But at the time, that was who i wanted to be when i got to the SHL. I'd say the dream was realized. (159)

RE: S45 PT #2 - The Sit Down - Paq - 01-10-2019

PBE PT