Simulation Hockey League
S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=94810)

Pages: 1 2

S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - Baelor Swift - 04-01-2019

Please use this thread to discuss the Season 46 Sarmad Khan Trophy

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - BDonini - 04-01-2019

I guess I'll kick off the discussion by explaining why I went with Blue.

Actually in my personal nomination ballot with the awards committee, I had Nova just ahead of Blue but the more thought I put into it, the more I realized that it was the wrong decision. The Minny line as a whole was fantastic but I think that all 3 of them benefitted from each other and individually may not have had the season they did if they weren't together. Meanwhile, Blue faced the most shots of any goalie and still managed to keep the league's highest Sv% which in itself is impressive. Once the goalie point shares were revealed it just blew Blue out of the water for me, an absolutely phenomenal season in which he took one of the worst teams on paper to the playoffs and it deserves proper recognition.

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - Chris-McZehrl - 04-01-2019

04-01-2019, 11:00 AMBDonini Wrote: I guess I'll kick off the discussion by explaining why I went with Blue.

Actually in my personal nomination ballot with the awards committee, I had Nova just ahead of Blue but the more thought I put into it, the more I realized that it was the wrong decision. The Minny line as a whole was fantastic but I think that all 3 of them benefitted from each other and individually may not have had the season they did if they weren't together. Meanwhile, Blue faced the most shots of any goalie and still managed to keep the league's highest Sv% which in itself is impressive. Once the goalie point shares were revealed it just blew Blue out of the water for me, an absolutely phenomenal season in which he took one of the worst teams on paper to the playoffs and it deserves proper recognition.

also Bobby Watson was the best player overall of this three! look at SB, Hits and so on Wink

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - JSS - 04-01-2019

04-01-2019, 11:00 AMBDonini Wrote: I guess I'll kick off the discussion by explaining why I went with Blue.

Agreed, if it wasn't for Blue's insane season Tampa would've been dead last. Look at the team in front of him too. 1 player above 1K TPE. The kid deserves it.

04-01-2019, 11:01 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:

also Bobby Watson was the best player overall of this three! look at SB, Hits and so on Wink

I mean we had much more than stats than just that to use this season, it was close between the two but in the end I have my reasons for my choice (which will be revealed later on)

04-01-2019, 11:03 AMMike lzzy Wrote:

Agreed, if it wasn't for Blue's insane season Tampa would've been dead last. Look at the team in front of him too. 1 player above 1K TPE. The kid deserves it.

Will the real Mike lzzy please stand up

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - ArGarBarGar - 04-01-2019

I always thought goaltenders typically did better when facing more shots.

This is a really difficult one at first glance considering the top three scorers are on the same line. Curious about more underlying numbers if there are any.

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - Baelor Swift - 04-01-2019

04-01-2019, 11:48 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I always thought goaltenders typically did better when facing more shots.

This is a really difficult one at first glance considering the top three scorers are on the same line. Curious about more underlying numbers if there are any.

This one is interesting imo

Code:
Player    Steals    Turnovers
Watson    334        555
Skillstedt    334        531
Nova    336        425

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - karey - 04-01-2019

Marius played very well this season. I think you guys should talk about him.

Please?

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - .bojo - 04-01-2019

04-01-2019, 02:12 PMkarey Wrote: Marius played very well this season. I think you guys should talk about him.

Please?

Marius was a good duder.

04-01-2019, 02:13 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-01-2019, 02:12 PMkarey Wrote: Marius played very well this season. I think you guys should talk about him.

Please?

Marius was a good duder.

But really, I think having Nova and Watson as MVP on the same line makes little sense. Sure they were the best players in the season, but we're they the most valuable individuals to their team across the league?

I think, if anything, Nova is deserving as he has shown to be the catalyst to this level of success in the past, and I feel Watson might be a beneficiary.

Marius played with a rookie linemate throughout the entire season and led the team to a Presidents Trophy one season removed from a lottery pick. That should be something worth noting.

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - .bojo - 04-01-2019

04-01-2019, 03:14 PMkarey Wrote: Sure they were the best players in the season, but we're they the most valuable individuals to their team across the league?

That's what's special about the Khan: you can use whatever reasoning you want for MVP (to a certain degree, of course). I think it's a hard sell to some, though. I mean that whole line carried Minnesota.

04-01-2019, 03:21 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-01-2019, 03:14 PMkarey Wrote: Sure they were the best players in the season, but we're they the most valuable individuals to their team across the league?

That's what's special about the Khan: you can use whatever reasoning you want for MVP (to a certain degree, of course). I think it's a hard sell to some, though. I mean that whole line carried Minnesota.

Absolutely. I'd be less upset if the entire line won tbh

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - HoltzFan10 - 04-02-2019

I mean, not to toot my own horn, but when your player is under [b]850[\b] tpe throughout the entire season and put a sv% that was around .04 higher than everyone else; all while being on a team with one player over 1k tpe, and one player over 760 tpe, and highest the highest point shared of any player in the league, Blue’s gotta be in at least the top 2.

RE: S46 Sarmad Khan Discussion - crutch - 04-02-2019

04-02-2019, 11:17 AMBoucherFan12 Wrote: I mean, not to toot my own horn, but when your player is under [b]850[\b] tpe throughout the entire season and put a sv% that was around .04 higher than everyone else; all while being on a team with one player over 1k tpe, and one player over 760 tpe, and highest the highest point shared of any player in the league, Blue’s gotta be in at least the top 2.

Not disagreeing with you, I think Blue should be the clear winner here but I don’t think using your own TPE should be an argument for winning.

Showing that your team was essentially hot trash (sorry jss) with showing the TPE of the rest of your team is right, Blue absolutely carried the Barracuda without a shadow of a doubt, but using your own TPE should not be an argument for the trophy.

The Minnesota line was insane throughout the league but there is also 3 of them. Without Blue, I don’t think the Barracuda would have sniffed playoffs, let alone got out of the bottom 2.

Just my $0.02.