Simulation Hockey League
St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SMJHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=95711)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Nobody - 04-22-2019

As many people now know (thanks @JSS...) The St. Louis Scarecrows used a pick in the S46 draft that they did not possess. The S46 pick was traded to the Colorado Raptors in exchange for the rights to a player.  This error was not caught until recently. As it has been stated in the past, it falls on the team to ensure that picks are tracked correctly. This was made even more clear during the changeover of our pick tracker. 

The punishment for this offence is as follows. The Scarecrows will give up their next non reddit 3rd round pick to cover the S46 pick that they should not have had, The Colorado Raptors will NOT receive this pick. In addition the Scarecrows will forfiet an additional 3rd round non reddit pick.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - SlashACM - 04-22-2019

Ban @JKortesi81

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - luke - 04-22-2019

So STL gets rid of 2 3rd non reddit picks, and Colorado doesnt get any compensation picks in return?

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - WannabeFinn - 04-22-2019

Why does Colorado not get the pick they are owed?

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Nobody - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 09:28 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Why does Colorado not get the pick they are owed?

Because it was just as much their responsibility to ensure that their trades had been processed correctly.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - 39alaska39 - 04-22-2019

What a fucking joke. A valid trade doesn’t get enforced because you can’t hire a pick tracker that can do his job (not you Wereterantula, you’re good), and then you wonder why people consider HO an absolute joke.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - JSS - 04-22-2019

fax b

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - notorioustig - 04-22-2019

By this logic, if all GMs are supposed to be hyper aware of all processed vs unprocessed transactions then Halifax should have been aware that the pick I double traded to them had been involved in a previous deal despite the pick tracker not being up to date at that point and should not have received the 20th overall in compensation, making it a forfeited pick. That's obviously ridiculous, I fucked up and they were compensated for my fuckup. The precedent for a compensatory pick was set last week in our punishment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ COL should definitely be receiving a compensatory pick here. They didn't get it the one season, ok, shit happens, so give it to them another season. Seems pretty open and shut

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - JSS - 04-22-2019

exactly what my main man said above, that's ahlie @nour

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - BDonini - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 09:43 PMnotorioustig Wrote: By this logic, if all GMs are supposed to be hyper aware of all processed vs unprocessed transactions then Halifax should have been aware that the pick I double traded to them had been involved in a previous deal despite the pick tracker not being up to date at that point and should not have received the 20th overall in compensation, making it a forfeited pick. That's obviously ridiculous, I fucked up and they were compensated for my fuckup. The precedent for a compensatory pick was set last week in our punishment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ COL should definitely be receiving a compensatory pick here. They didn't get it the one season, ok, shit happens, so give it to them another season. Seems pretty open and shut

It's a different situation imo. Halifax shouldn't be responsible for keeping track of another team's pick but Colorado should absolutely be held accountable for not being able to keep track of a pick that they traded for...how hard can it be as a gm to at least keep track of picks that belong to you?

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - FlappyGiraffe - 04-22-2019

lol

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - luke - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 09:52 PMBDonini Wrote:
04-22-2019, 09:43 PMnotorioustig Wrote: By this logic, if all GMs are supposed to be hyper aware of all processed vs unprocessed transactions then Halifax should have been aware that the pick I double traded to them had been involved in a previous deal despite the pick tracker not being up to date at that point and should not have received the 20th overall in compensation, making it a forfeited pick. That's obviously ridiculous, I fucked up and they were compensated for my fuckup. The precedent for a compensatory pick was set last week in our punishment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ COL should definitely be receiving a compensatory pick here. They didn't get it the one season, ok, shit happens, so give it to them another season. Seems pretty open and shut

It's a different situation imo. Halifax shouldn't be responsible for keeping track of another team's pick but Colorado should absolutely be held accountable for not being able to keep track of a pick that they traded for...how hard can it be as a gm to at least keep track of picks that belong to you?

We have a whole job to track and process picks, by that time the person who job it was didnt update the pick tracker. We use that to see who owns what picks.

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - 39alaska39 - 04-22-2019

04-22-2019, 09:52 PMBDonini Wrote:

Well see, we have this lovely paid position called Pick Tracker where someone is paid to do that. So yeah, I assume that the person who’s job it is to be paid money to track picks can do it properly

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Justice - 04-22-2019

oysters clams and cockleeeees

RE: St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment - Esso2264 - 04-22-2019

okay