Simulation Hockey League
Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) (/showthread.php?tid=96130)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Segi - 05-18-2019

Code:
If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I'd buy myself a Ty Hoover shirt. For one, because I really like the Pride's jerseys. But Hoover is also the only Swiss player in this wild card round and I have to support my copatriots. Switzerland 
@Hoovuh

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Jearim - 05-18-2019

Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Texas would have an advantage here, why? Because Hobbs has performed well consistently. He's been the backbone of Texas for a little while. He's been nominated as the best goalie in the league multiple times, he's the last goalie to win a Jeester and makes the all-star team more times than not. Overall, a well accomplished goalie missing simply a championship. This season's numbers are his best but they are still more than respectable. He may be the difference maker here.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Jearim - 05-18-2019

05-17-2019, 09:49 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?
I think Walter Hobbs holds the goalie advantage for Texas in their matchup with the pride. Hobbs isn't that far removed from stellar seasons and he will definitely have more of an opportunity to steal a game for Texas than would Patridge I believe. Hobbs will prove to be a still elite netminder and carry Texas through this opening matchup.

Thank you for the kind words my friend, I thought after our last on ice fight we would be hateful but....

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - ml002 - 05-18-2019

How do you see this series playing out?

Rage vs syndicate

It's pretty clear that Manhattan underperformed to their growing expectations. They are deeper and can exploit Chicago's young depth with their improved lineup from the trade deadline. I expect Manhattan to make quick work of them.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - DeletedAtUserRequest - 05-18-2019

Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Yeah Manhatten can definitley run the table if things work out. The additions of Matthew Auston and Poopity Scoop towards the trade deadline make this is a significantly differant team then at the start of the year. My guess is Manhatten may have ended higher in the standings with both players at the start of the year.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Carpy48 - 05-18-2019

Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

San Francisco. I don't really know anyone on any of the teams, but my current SMJHL goalie partner will play for the Pride next season and instead of randomly picking a team, I'll take this one and support his future team.

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I only buy jerseys of players I like and 99% of the time I buy goalie jerseys. Again this is an easy choice. It'll be a Patrice Nadeau SFP jersey. Got to start supporting him now before I play in the SHL myself and we'll have to play against each other.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Grapehead - 05-18-2019

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?

If the San Francisco Pride defense is as good as I expect they'll need to be to put out the Texas Renegades, then they might be able to present a challenge to the Specters in the Conference Semi-Finals.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - dizzyDC - 05-18-2019

Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Honestly I am going to put my own player here in Louie Garrett. He still had a good season as he eclipsed a point per game... but just barely which really isn't up to standard for me. He needs to be putting up big time points if the Renegades are going to move forward in the playoffs.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - DrunkenTeddy - 05-18-2019

The jersey I'd buy would be Luke Thomason, except I'd have them replace the a with a p so it said Thompson, he loves when people call him that. Wink

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Bongo - 05-18-2019

First of all, I’d pick a San Fransisco Pride jersey. Obviously the Pride haven’t lead the league, but In a few seasons I bet they will. That’s why I’m choosing a Patrice Nadeau PRIDE jersey. .937 SV% and a 1.93 GAA. Sure he only have 5 games played but the man is a machine, posting 5 shutouts in the J this year. His jersey will age nicely.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - NorwegianDemon - 05-18-2019

Code:

Between the Rage and the Syndicate, I think the Rage will come out on top and win the series, because they have a higher number of highly talented players (ov >= 80) and these kinds of players stepping up during the playoffs will make the difference in the end.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - XLeafer - 05-18-2019

Ah yes, the pride vs renegades. Renegades will take that series because they have a better roster, more experience and simon likes them. And my predictions are always right.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - trella - 05-18-2019

Honestly, I don’t think that any of these 4 teams could beat the powerhouses that are the New Orleans Specters and West Kendall Platoon. Those teams just have too much talent and the four wild card teams just dont have enough depth to compete.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - Lazyeye - 05-18-2019

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Honestly, a majority of the San Francisco Pride roster. The team as a whole is extremely young and lacks playoff experience, but that has really brought them together as a team. The entire young core of the Pride is extremely excited and ready to step up after not making the playoffs in so many years. I think all the young guns beside @ViN will have a good run these playoffs.

RE: Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47) - luke - 05-18-2019

Battle of the Luke’s.

For Chicago and Manhattan their leading point getters are Luke Thomason and Luke Atmey, one is a promising young player, and the other is the old vet. Velvets came to Chicago in the expansion draft to help guide Chicago into the future while he still can and Luke was recently traded to manhattan to fasten the rebuild. Both are integral parts of their teams. If one team will prevail they will need a Luke to help them @Velevra