Simulation Hockey League
S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week (/showthread.php?tid=97707)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - dmills3 - 07-18-2019

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Some of my favorite people on the site reside in Vancouver and Hamilton locker rooms. I'll start with @"luketd" who welcomed me in the site, as a whole, right off the bat signing me in Vancouver. Some of the S47 rookies in Vancouver including @SecondSucks22, @Otrebor13, and @aaronwilson are some people I'm really close with and would love to have on any team of mine (not to mention Aaron got drafted to Hamilton with me). Some other people that chill in Vancouver locker room that I'm really close with include @Leppish (who play R6 Siege with me despite being across the pond), @GeckoeyGecko, @Bruins10, @nubbedindaribs, and @TheFlash. In Hamilton locker room, I have @"ThatDamnMcJesus", @Waters, @nour, @Good_Ole_Kimmy, @DrunkenTeddy, etc. that make the locker room extremely active and fun to be in. I'm happy to have landed in such great locker rooms in my first time through the league. Without these people I would have probably gone inactive and not thought twice about that.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - SDCore - 07-18-2019

Code:
Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I have thought long and hard on this... LONG AND HARD Smile. I want to say thank you to all the people I've met so far on this site, especially my S47 rookies. @sköldpaddor You are an amazing human, you've been awesome to get to know, keep being you! @SecondSucks22I hate you so much, which you know means the opposite, thanks for being my friend from so early on. @JNH you also suck, but you brought me to Chicago, I guess, so that was cool. Thanks for showing me the site tho. @Donini13 yesss bb you know! @Dangles13 @SpartanGibbles you are the best GMs I could ask for. You have made Anaheim an awesome locker room and one of the best places to be in the SHL nobody could tell me differently. @chetib@Kylrad@Velevra@kit Look forward to playing with all of you more and getting to know you better. TIBUK YOU ARE THE MAN! Anyway anyone I've missed, like @TheDangaZone thanks for making this site fun and making me feel apart of it.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Chris-McZehrl - 07-18-2019

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)
My most enjoyable moment was to win with my Boss Gifter of Bikes as Management Duo the Challenge Cup in Season 18 as a semi-rebuild team in a hard fought post season. especially the Cup final against MIN was hard and I used smart intelligence. Minnesota also werent overloaded with player power and so I mirrored always @Mac his tactics. But also the work in the management was the best ever that I had the chance to experience with. After the Cup win we always had a competive team but also young guns in the pipeline. that was genius. (99 words)

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)
I could here name so many members but for this time I got with @O4L ; @Kylrad ; @jRuutu & @xDParK !!! Ofer gave me my 2nd chance right after many shitstorms about and against me and for that I will never forget his opportunity on me for a management job and he is a very close friend to me (we want babies). Kylrad is and was my best steal as GM and is a very close friend. Ruutu is one of my buddies here on the SHL Community. So and Parker is my longest friend (except the other Germans) on this site ... he also know that I love him. (111 words)

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Segi - 07-18-2019

There are so many good people on here that I had positive interactions with, so this list will definitely not be complete and I apologize in advance to everyone that I forget.

When I first joined, I came in contact with the mentor team around @Pris through @DrunkenTeddy that I recently got to join myself. Then there were messages by SMJHL GMs @King , @Zoone16 , @JKortesi81 and others who were very welcoming.
Then @Dangles13 drafted me to the Anaheim Outlaws, a brand new expansion team and we immediately had a great locker room with @SpartanGibbles , @GCool , @"AtlasHunter" , @chetib and later @wumaduce . We got joined by @SDCore , @JNH , @Donini13 and @bbjygm in the season after and have since then continued to add great people to the locker room.
In my SHL draft, I got picked by the Minnesota Chiefs, a team that hasn't made a ton of positive headlines recently, but we still have a pretty good group going with our GMs @Shmurph and @Leppish  and our young core around @Chris-McZehrl ,@BadWolf , @SpartanGibbles, @C9Van , @tedlamotors and @TheHockeyist.
Through some lucky circumstances, I was appointed the first federation head of team Switzerland and want to thank @esilverm, @MyLittleHexx , @chetib , @Donini13, @FinnRhys, @Good_Ole_Kimmy , @Reynolds, @Rancidbudgie and @bbjygm for supporting me in this endeavor.
I also had the privilege to join the SMJHL Head Office and work together with members such as @Nobody , @BadWolf , @grok , @dankoa and @JKortesi81.

To finish this, I also want to say that I appreciate every member, helping to keep the site going by doing their jobs. A special shout out to @Mike Izzy. I didn't always like all of the PTs that you put up and that would be pretty much impossible anyway. But PTs like this one make it easy to get the weekly 3 capped tpe and keep the tpe whoring up.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - TnlAstatine - 07-18-2019

Code:

Hi yes luffy here. For the very first time in history we are talking about the goodness in people and not how shitty they are in comparison to the stud that is known as Monkey D. Luffy. There are so many great weirdos here on the site and honestly going through all of the people here that deserve the recognition would take way too long and if i forgot somebody I would be kinda upset with myself as should they. So i'll just be talking about the SHL as a whole. I know there is a lot of dumb drama from time to time and rivalries and enemies alike. But on the whole most people here are willing to help each other out and make connections and have fun together and its pretty wholesome (most of the time).  I honestly don't think I'd still be around if not for this community, even with all its flaws and the ups and downs are wild but honestly thats what a community has to go through to grow. Its a wild ride with awesome people and its a pleasure to share the journey with yall. Now i'm just gonna tag the people that tagged me to give them back some loving. 

@FuzzSHL - great dude
@bk1689 - great dude
@esilverm - great dude
@MCP_ - great dude
@slothfacekilla - great dud
@Nerio - great dude

Stampede Stampede

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - eddiesnothere - 07-18-2019

Code:
The moment I know I won’t soon forget occurred in the offensive zone in St. Louis in January, and we were up by 2 against Montreal when we had a broken play go well. Barrett (Blackwood) had the puck slide off his stick when my partner Mattie (Brunton) corralled it near the blue line and passed it to me on his wing. I had a good look and the shot was good, I just never thought it would find its way in. I remember the arena, it was almost like it was so loud, it was quiet. Everyone in St. Louis must have been as surprised and happy as I was. Everything after that, the celebration on the ice, getting the puck, winning the game, It was all a blur. But that one moment, when that puck went in, it was a springboard for me, and I never would have dreamt in a thousand years that I would have the season I had this year.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - bilbo - 07-18-2019

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I could talk forever about all the awesome people on this site, but to not make this the longest PT ever, I'm just going to highlight a couple (stretched out) moments:

1. My early seasons on the Wolfpack with all the winning/soft friendships. Sure it was one of the times when the SHL wanted to destroy itself, but before that horrible mess and a bit after, it was still fun and these people were my first friends on the site. @prettyburn @Eggy216 @Jepox @storm @Raven @Jenny @Kevin Juice Bieksa I'm not tagging everyone but you get it.

2. The first few weeks after the S45 SMJHL draft that brought in @slothfacekilla @"Flareon4043" @Kalakar @Citizen of Adraa and just about everyone of those future legends under the sun that I talk to on a daily basis. That whole locker room is still golden.

3. The time I won a Four Star Cu-- nvm.

4. That time when @ej27 recreated as Leopold Lockhart and he stole Dom's/my heart.

I'm not editing this if I got a username wrong. Stop changing your things.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Bonk - 07-18-2019

Code:

When I met my girlfriend’s, best friend’s, little brother, little did I know that twenty some odd years later that he would introduce me to the amazing community of users that make up the SHL. So you must be wonder who was that that little brother that I met fishing and talked hockey with all those years ago. Well that mysterious little brother, he is certainly a heavy weight in the SHL. That little brother is the one and only @Steelhead77. Therefore, I must give him a shout out for getting me into the SHL and making it part of life. That Sure, I can could deal without the occasional drama that this place churns out but the good times outweigh the bad by far. Therefore, Thank you Esa for introducing to the site and the community that uses it. I would say that I have made some great friends on this site so I cannot thank you enough for that.

Words ~160

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Fordyford - 07-18-2019

The Anchorage Locker Room is the greatest collection of people anywhere on the site. Thanks to GMs in the past including @Acsolap and @ml002 bringing in a good crowd of people, everyone gets along, and keeps each other entertained 24 hours a day (I don't backread overnight because @Bongo @Gwdjohnson and others get up to some weird shit overnight and I don't want any part of it).

Other highlights are my S47 buddy, @hotdog , who's pretty cool, even if he does play for NEW. That put a block on my plans to infiltrate all the discords he's in, as I'm don't want into the NEW LR. Also, @ej27 who is everyone's favourite person on the SHL, even if she is a bit of a crazy dog lady, and @Jenny who, while doing her best to pretend to be normal, likes to get in on the weird crap sometimes. But we love her anyway, our eternal Asscaptain.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - goldenglutes - 07-19-2019

Code:

Alright I'd love to give a big long post about how much I love everyone but I really have to finish this PT before I sleep and I probably won't have time to do this PT on the weekend. So, I'll keep it short and sweet and write the first thing that comes to mind about these people that I like.

Note that these are in a particular order but not really in the order of who I like the most, just the order of who I'm thinking of first/how the flow of the PT sounds.

@5ympathies you're at the top because it's fun to stroke your ego
@"Flareon4043" I appreciate you even though you didn't hire me for co TWICE
@bilbo I had fun imagining you jigging with your hands up and your SO wiggling their arms like squidward
@hotdog sandwich
@Ace thanks for joining nem
@gordieboom morning
@Lunatyck kielbitcoin is gonna be the next big thing
@Raven this wank is league
@slothfacekilla can someone explain to me what these steampunk jokes are about
@tweedledunn id like some german dubloons
@Acsolap could've drafted me before zoone did
@Zoone16 I hope you come back from retirement nice and refreshed, enjoy bud
@NJBadApple I hope you had a good Thursday
@Katth enjoy your day off
@Nerio I felt like I was missing out every time you and zoone talked about wow
@sköldpaddor I'm both surprised and unsurprised that you have an umlaut in your name
@ImShiny I hope you goon it up in the SHL
@micool132 NOTHING
@ml002 shopping letang
@Pingy Pingu hi
@Mayuu hey thanks for showing me around the website when I first joined I really appreciated that

also sorry everyone for the double tag I had to edit the post for formatting

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Noble - 07-19-2019

2. My most enjoyable moments on the site have been so populous and all over the place to be honest. I loved my time in Kelowna from S44-S46. Despite having gone through the SMJHL, what, 15 times (?) I never had as much fun as I did when I was in Kelowna. That team was active, fun, and really great. I used to shit my pants every time @Zoone16 messaged me on Discord but it almost always was just him making sure I wasn't leaving him for playoffs or next year. We had a great atmosphere that I loved.

3. There's certainly been some amazing people in this league. @Jepox is a close friend of mine irl, and we joined the league around the same time. @Gifter of Bikes was my first GM during my first player's career, and he was an outstanding member to lead me into my SHL career. Tampa Bay has been just as incredible, with @JSS @"MantoRune" and @mcgriddleluver being some of the most fun guys to talk too. @ztevans and @Samee are always an absolute blast to talk with on discord calls, and the late night Apex grind with that whole bunch we're awesome. @daBenchwarmer was a ton of fun as a part of the triplets (especially our odd instagram dm's) and trying to find my secret base in Minecraft on voice chat with @SecondSucks22 was a ton of fun (mostly because I was drunk). Good people, good times.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Tomasnz - 07-19-2019

@Carpy48 beat me too it. Goalie lounge is the part of the SHL that has helped me carve out a little space that I can connect with players across the league who I don't share a lockerroom with. I think it's been great cause on a team we tend to be the only ones thinking and talking about goalie builds and SIM theory.

The history of that room was to bring together the ten active goalies from the s46 class.. was pretty good at that and in S46 we actually opened it up to all goalies. And I think it has been amazing to be part of since then.

Some insights we have had as a community.
- zero endurance builds really are feasible for goalies.
- puck handling might be severally under rated for goalies.

So.. going to call out my fellow s46 survivors, @Fluw @chetib and maybe @oddly_colored_beef ?

And the say thanks to all the great goalies that have joined us from around the league.
@.bojo @Carpy48 @TheFlash @"MantoRune" @bluesfan55 @grok @Kmarko @Tate @Ask ... And there are more of you but I only know your player names or discord handles.

If there are any goalies out there that would like to join. You are most welcome. And likewise, you can come and go so anyone who wants to rejoin can message me or anyone of the goalies above.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - bluesfan55 - 07-19-2019

07-19-2019, 08:13 AMTomasnz Wrote: @Carpy48  beat me too it. Goalie lounge is the part of the SHL that has helped me carve out a little space that I can connect with players across the league who I don't share a lockerroom with. I think it's been great cause on a team we tend to be the only ones thinking and talking about goalie builds and SIM theory.

The history of that room was to bring together the ten active goalies from the s46 class.. was pretty good at that and in S46 we actually opened it up to all goalies. And I think it has been amazing to be part of since then.

So.. going to call out my fellow s46 survivors, @Fluw @chetib  and maybe @oddly_colored_beef ?

And the say thanks to all the great goalies that have joined us from around the league.
@.bojo @Carpy48 @TheFlash @"MantoRune" @bluesfan55 @grok @Kmarko @Tate @Ask ... And there are more of you but I only know your player names or discord handles.

If there are any goalies out there that would like to join. You are most welcome. And likewise, you can come and go so anyone who wants to rejoin can message me or anyone of the goalies above.

You meant to tag BoucherFan. I’m a right winger.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - Tomasnz - 07-19-2019

07-19-2019, 08:27 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
07-19-2019, 08:13 AMTomasnz Wrote: @Carpy48  beat me too it. Goalie lounge is the part of the SHL that has helped me carve out a little space that I can connect with players across the league who I don't share a lockerroom with. I think it's been great cause on a team we tend to be the only ones thinking and talking about goalie builds and SIM theory.

So.. going to call out my fellow s46 survivors, @Fluw @chetib  and maybe @oddly_colored_beef ?

You meant to tag BoucherFan. I’m a right winger.

lol, yup.. Blue knows how I feel so now going to worry, apologies for the tag.

RE: S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week - oddly_colored_beef - 07-19-2019

I'm still around, just not very active on discord. Can't believe we've already gone through 4 seasons since our draft, our class broke records.