Simulation Hockey League
ANA / VAN GMs - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SMJHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: ANA / VAN GMs (/showthread.php?tid=98103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - TML99 - 07-29-2019

Congrats!! Great hires all around

Can someone remind me why we stopped allowing GMs to appoint their successor? i honestly forget

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - 39alaska39 - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:29 PMCarbine Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:09 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Tbh, when I heard about who the other option for the Vancouver job was (the other person being debated), MCP is a no brainer. Congrats man, good luck!
I see you’re still salty.

Like you don’t know you two were shit GMs in both places I had the displeasure of being a player on your team

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - grok - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:39 PMTML99 Wrote: Can someone remind me why we stopped allowing GMs to appoint their successor? i honestly forget

If that's how it used to be, it was long before my time. I'd actually appreciate if anyone had the history on this.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - grok - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:42 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:29 PMCarbine Wrote: I see you’re still salty.

Like you don’t know you two were shit GMs in both places I had the displeasure of being a player on your team

I understand you two have some history but I'd appreciate if you could take it outside. There are legitimate concerns in this thread I'm interested in hearing.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - JNH - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:46 PMgrok Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:39 PMTML99 Wrote: Can someone remind me why we stopped allowing GMs to appoint their successor? i honestly forget

If that's how it used to be, it was long before my time. I'd actually appreciate if anyone had the history on this.

Yeah it was. Then it got filtered out to where the GM needed HO approval on the hire, to the GM being heavily consulted on the hire, to the GM being able to give an opinion, to the HO just making the decision on external apps.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - TnlAstatine - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: People ripping on MCP for being in VAN only 3 weeks before getting the GM spot........where was the hate when I got the MTL spot? Give the man a chance at this before ripping him..........sheesh. Way to welcome your new GM amiright

fuck you fuzz for taking the mtl gm spot shitty outsider 

how'd i do?

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - TML99 - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:46 PMgrok Wrote:

Yea thats how I got the gig from Cuffy back in S27 he hired me as his CO in S25, trained me to Gm then gave me the reins which to me made a lot of sense

I remember the change having something to do with managing the quality of candidates selected by past GMs but i don't recall exactly

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - jcfbey01 - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:42 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
07-29-2019, 12:29 PMCarbine Wrote: I see you’re still salty.

Maybe it's called "people can change" or "people were dealing with IRL problems"? But no, you're right, we are just terrible people. Hmm

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - awils13 - 07-29-2019

I don't have anything against MCP personally but it's frustrating to be brushed aside after you spent countless hours learning what works in sths, telling rookies how to build, getting free agents, etc.

@grok were my, @dmills3 and @SecondSucks22 applications so bad that we didn't even get a reply? jfc and mcp are the only ones who did afaik.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - jcfbey01 - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 01:00 PMaaronwilson Wrote: I don't have anything against MCP personally but it's frustrating to be brushed aside after you spent countless hours learning what works in sths, telling rookies how to build, getting free agents, etc.

@grok were my, @dmills3 and @SecondSucks22 applications so bad that we didn't even get a reply? jfc and mcp are the only ones who did afaik.

Honestly I'm shocked I got a reply myself, and I thought you had a really good chance at getting the job because of everything you have done for the team and league.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - JSS - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 01:00 PMaaronwilson Wrote: I don't have anything against MCP personally but it's frustrating to be brushed aside after you spent countless hours learning what works in sths, telling rookies how to build, getting free agents, etc.

nothing stopping you from reaching out to him asking about the co gm position tho

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - Samsung virtual assistant - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:39 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I understand being upset about it, just feel like maybe there was a kinder/less explosive way to deal with it than just ripping the guy in public before he even has a chance to be happy about getting the job.

Nah, why take something in private when you can do it on the site.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - Winter is Coming - 07-29-2019

I wasn't part of the selection process so I can't and won't comment on that, but @grok already explained many times why he can't reach out to EVERYONE who didn't get the position and explain what did or didn't work. He has stated many times, however, that if you reach out to him, he'd be more than glad to offer feedback.

When I didn't get the job for a particular GM position this off-season, I reached out to him and he responded with a great deal of feedback in a matter of minutes. I'd highly recommend reaching out to him and seeing what can be improved upon in the future.

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - SecondSucks22 - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 12:04 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: "literally three weeks" he's been here eight months.

can y'all take it to the TD or something sheesh

They mean with the Whalers, Aaron Mills and myself have been with the team since our juniors draft and have been mentored and in management positions by the old admin and the one before that, it's not a slight to MCP on his time with the forum but a dissapoimtment they didn't consider anyone that was really from within the org

RE: ANA / VAN GMs - JNH - 07-29-2019

07-29-2019, 01:08 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: it's not a slight to MCP on his time with the forum but a dissapoimtment they didn't consider anyone that was really from within the org

I'm sure they considered you guys fully, just cause you didn't get the job doesn't mean you didn't get a fair shake. I know MCP was very close to getting the Lions GM job so I'm sure that HO felt that he was the most qualified individual for the position. I know it's not the ideal outcome for you but you're all super early into your SHL tenure, you'll get lots of opportunities at jobs in the near future and I'm sure you'll get what you deserve.