Create Account

(GRADED) A Deep Dive into IAs (Are picking old IA users worth it?) (Deep Dive #2)
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 12:16 AM by leafs1997.)

Something that i have always found interesting in sim leagues is the idea of Inactive Users and how they are percieved upon returning. I have been a Inactive user twice in my time and honestly one was due to being other whelmed and the other was due to my net dying for 2 months straight. So i thought i'd a look at some users that have been IA here and either comeback and done more or fizzled out into nothingness but are known very well in another league.

First of all i will do my own players I have been 3 players in the league with Shirakami Fubuki being my 3rd.

I want to start talking about my first player which was called Takehiko Yukimura who played 2 seasons for the Anchorage Armada. I was super happy when i first joined the league but i quickly i got overwhelmed with everything you had to do here. I was not really ready for this type of league as i originally came from the GOMHL. I think i did one update and quickly went inactive and i can tell this would be something i would have to put up with as i went onto another player. I found out this player lasted for 2 seasons and didn't really do very well which is not a shock. I returned again in Season 47 to create Emiko Spector and i did another Deep Dive on her minor league career. She had good 9 to 10 season run and honestly has been my most successful player to date. I did go inactive near the end but that was due to life hitting me hard for a solid 3-4 months as first i didn't have internet then i had to deal with the passing of a family memeber. By the time i decided to comeback i had been told that the Edmonton Blizzard would have to move on from me due to a cap penalty and i wanted to retire a Blizzard player so i decided to retire and re-create. Up until that though i was a constant earner who did all tasks every week and tried to do weekly graphics to earn money and was not as active as i am now and i made 1200 tpe roughly. This time around with Shirakami Fubuki i actually have more free time as i have left a lot of my roles from other leagues and as a result i will be going into trying to make this player one of my best.

Next we'll get onto my teammate and friend @ValorX77, they have been inactive in other leagues in the past the one i remember them being inactive from the most is the PBE as they had a very high profile player at one point. However, I am their GM over in that league now and i can tell this isn't the same Valor from back in the older days. First let's have a look at updating with their first player and current.

So Videl Satan created in season 55 originally and they didn't actually do anything for updating. They had a place holder ready to put updates but they never got around to it as it seems which obviously doesn't look great however, now if we go across to the current player Videl Valor if we look at their update page we can see that they now have 216 TPE and currently have done some media with myself and bought coaching for this season. I think this shows that they're different than the player that joined in season 55.

Next, we'll get to someone i'm not familar with but they reached out to me while i was looking into this and i'm thankful for this so without further ado i will introduce @Ragnar. They have had a lot of characters and have been in and out of inactivety they have told me.

They're a very old user for the league as their original player joined in season 16 which was Brian Morley and i am told they had a Hall of Fame Career and as a result i think that is great honestly and congrats to them. However, this is where it gets interesting. After this career they had 2 back to back inactive players which are Hans Moleman and Willy Fisterbottom for most having a Hall of Fame Career or having a good player original would put them above someone like myself when i came back but this shows why it can't always be 100% a good way to be as you never know and that past activity doesn't guarentee it to be the same with the next player which i think is something to keep in mind for both actives and inactives. However, this story does have a silverlining as they have come back active as ever with Chimkin Tendy and they're currently 691 TPE after being drafted in season 56.

Now, i will put one last thing in which is why activity elsehwere does not always turn onto activity here. I have a good friend called Guriinwoodo who joined this league during his most active in the PBE and as a result most would have expected him to be super active however he was retired within a week. This was due to him wanting to be an enforcer and during that time the league used STHS still and as a result it wasn't something that was great. He also did go inactive in another league so yeah it is something to keep look into.

Now, i am happy to looking to this as i hope it makes people take a few looks at those they might be weary of due to inactivity and would originally be like they might do it again. I hope myself and users like Ragnar show that you can become active again after a stint and that someone like valor will get the recognistion for his current player and not be held back by his previous attempt. I know that there will be a lot more of people that fit this and stuff like that but this is just a snapshot and i think looking into this might make some people think twice hopefully!

Anyways, what i take away from this is that nothing is guarenteed but you can usually tell when someone is here to stay!

Code:
Words: 1068

Approved! +5 TPE @Emiko