Create Account

Off Season Changes in Kelowna
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023, 05:36 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was a week before preseason and Logan Webb came walking into the locker room. He had just thrown his hockey bag onto the ground in front of his stall. He was taking out pictures of loved ones, cars, and dream houses California. You see he had just been drafted by the San Francisco Pride and he was riding a big high coming into the SMJHL preseason. He had done well as a rookie, and someone saw enough potential to pick him up with the 5th overall pick. Yes everything was turning up Milhouse for Webb. That’s why when he got the tap on the shoulder by GM Artermis to come and join him in the GM’s office because they needed to have a chat, it was a bit of a surprise.

Artermis:
Hey, thanks for joining me. Have a seat we have a lot to talk about.

Webb sits down on a chair across the desk from Artermis. The office is small but has everything needed to run this team. A laptop sits in the middle of the desk. A flying cabinet is just off to the side. Artermis has his own Pod-Coffee machine and a few mugs, and a small fridge with bottles of water within it.

Webb:
Am I in trouble…what ever it was…Petr Vrana did it! Yeah, so…I totally did not break into the Zebra exhibit at the Kelowna Zoo, and we did not spend a night of passionate love making there.

Artermis:
Uuugh, no, that is not why I am here to chat with you today. But I have a feeling we will need to have a chat with HR and the PR team after this talk.

Webb:
Right soooo. Then what did I do, I was pretty good during the off season, with the exception of a zoo visit that may or may not have happened.

Artermis:
You know the less I know about this probably the better. No, the reason I brought you here today, there were a number of changes that happened last off season. As one of our locker room leaders and a potential star on the ice I wanted to take you through them and ensure we are all still on the same page.

Logan Webb’s shoulders and body language start to fall. He looks around for a sign of what is to come, knowing that being dragged into an office has never worked out well for him in the past. Between both school and part time jobs as a teenager.

Webb:
Change, I don’t like change…

When a thought runs through his head of a suggestion he had made, and he perks right back up.

Webb:
unless we brought in the McFlurry Machine for team use! That would be a great change!

Artermis:
No, no McFlurry Machine.

Webb:
Maybe we bring in some show Zebra’s for intermission! You know some sexy female ones with skirts and tassels.

Artermis:
NO FEMALE ZEBRAS!

Webb:
Well, I suppose the male ones will do, but honestly most of them refuse to wear a skirt…

Artermis:
WHAT IN THE ACUTUAL HELL NO ZEBRAS AT ALL. Now stop talking for a minute. We had a small change in direction, and we let a few players go this off season. Funny you mentioned Petr, he was traded.

Webb:
Was it because of the Zebra thing…damn, am I going to be traded. He promised me no one would know.

Artermis:
Good GOD What is wrong with the two of you, you did this together! No, I had no idea of the Zebras, now let’s move on, no more Zebras. For fuck’s sake. No, he was traded because we felt like we wanted to expediate a rebuild and he asked for a move. We also lost Dusty this off season, he was pulled up earlier then expected.

Webb:
What kind of asshole brings a prospect up early before he even has a shot at winning a cup with a team he loves.

Artermis:
The San Francisco Pride do…

Webb:
Uuuugh. Hell of great people there, absolutely love those guys, always making good choices for their players...

Artermis:
Anyway, like I said we needed to pivot so we made a change and collected another pick in the second round. I think we will be able to grab some amazing replacements and move this team forward quickly.

Webb:
We’ll shit I hate changes, especially bad ones we are losing some friends here, I am not sure how I feel about all of this. I think I need my locker room drinking buddy, where is hammer. We will crack open a few beers before practice and drink our sorrows away.

Artermis:
Well…

Artermis starts shifting in his chair, as he looks around the room. Swiftly picks up his laptop and puts it behind himself out of Logan Webb’s reach.

Artermis:
That is another thing no more drinking in the locker room, we are running a professional team. And well Hammer has also moved up to the big leagues and he will be Co-GMing a SHL team.

Webb jumps up out of his chair and slams his fists down on the desk of Artermis. His eyes burning with rage.

Webb:
It is one thing to take away my right to drink, but to let my friend and good boss take a walk…UN-ACCEPT-ABLE! SON OF A BITCH. WHAT THE HELL!

Logan starts pacing the room knocking over papers, kicking walls, throws one of the coffee mugs across the room shattering it into a million pieces. After a 5 minute tantrum, Artermis looks up at Webb from behind a book he propped up for protection.

Artermis:
Are you done now? Can we have a civil conversation?

Logan stomps over to the chair and flops down into it.

Artermis:
It is not all doom and gloom; we have done some amazing work here in Kelowna and we have brought in a fantastic new co-GM to help me run the team. He has some great ideas and I really think he will help us get to that next level. Also we have a ton of returning players, people you love too. There is Mu and Tibs, Crystal is still here, and Kevin. Lots of great people.

Webb:
Alright ok, so who is this new GM?

Artermis raises his voice loud enough so the person waiting in the hallway can hear.

Artermis:
Snussu you can come in now; I think the worst is over. Logan, please meet your new GM Snussu, we have worked together in another league, and I really believe he will be a great asset to the team.

Logan Webb spins his chair around and he is greeted by a younger looking man. Who is standing there with his hand out ready to shake Webb’s.

Webb:
BALLS!

And with a quick thrust of his fist, he plants a shot right into Snussu’s pills dropping the new co-GM on the floor.

Webb:
That’s two points for me. I tagged both of them. You are going to need to be faster than that if you are going to survive here.

Snussu:
W…h…y…?

Webb:
It’s fun, there is a whole game behind it. Petr and I came up with it, and Hammer was in on it. So, if you are replacing Hammer you are in on the game.

Snussu slowly makes his way up to one knee, then to his feet. His eyes watering and red.

Snussu:
It is a pleasure to meet you, I have heard a lot about you, and can’t wait to see what you will do on the ice. I have some great game plan ideas and I know we will have success even with the recent changes.

Webb:
Oh, hey that’s great! Welcome to the team.

Webb extends his hand to shake and as Snussu reaches out for it, Logan tags him again with his left hand. Dropping Snussu to the floor.

Webb:
Ooooh, that was a good one. That was worth 5 points.

Snussu:
W…h…y…?

Artermis:
Ok Logan, I think that is all for today. Is there anything else we can do for you today?

Webb:
Well, if we could look into that Zebra idea a few of the others were really excited about…

Artermis:
NO ZEBRAS!

Snussu:
Wait a minute maybe we could get a few Zebras? You know we could…

Snussu quickly punches Webb in the nuts sending him to the ground!

Snussu:
This is a fun game! I think that was worth 2 points!

Logan Webb manages to slowly make his way to his feet and shuffle his way out the door.

Webb:
Nah that was worth 5 points you really got me. *Cough, cough* If you can keep up with this game you will be alright here. Let’s get out there and win some games.

Snussu and Artermis nod as Webb walks out the door.

This is the makings to a truly great season where the Knights and Logan Webb will take that next step to truly contend for the Four Star Cup

One Week Later...

KELOWNA KNIGHTS RECORD:
5 – 12 – 2

Logan Webb’s Points:
3 goals – 11 Assists – 14 points – (-12) rating

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride