Create Account

McArthur not rated high going into draft

Interview Season 7 prospect winger Jordan McArthur has not been getting a whole lot of attention with the draft just days away. Mind if we ask you a few questions about things Jordan?

Not at all, go ahead

Thanks. Our first question for you is about your thoughts for what might happen on draft day. You seem to still be a bit under the radar on a lot of the mock drafts, and your name doesn't seem that well known yet. What do you have to say about that?

Honestly, I don't really care where I go in the draft. Look at my mentor, Kyle Derringer, he went in the 6th round or so, and look how he turned out. It just taught me that NWJHL draft position really doesn't mean anything. I could go first overall or dead last, it wouldn't change my mindset going into the year one bit.

Second question for you Jordan, is there any preference of team you wish to play for?

I have a few preferences I guess you could say. But realistically I'm a flexible guy, if a team drafts me, that's who I plan on playing for, and I'm sure I'll be happy wherever I end up.

Third question. Just what do you bring to the team? What can you do out there?

I'm an offensive weapon on the ice, that's pretty much my strength. I can score goals, I can set up goals, and I can play strong in the offensive zone. I'm there to score, and that's what I try to do above all else.

Any plans to adapt that role in the future?

Absolutely. There is no place in high levels of play for one dimensional players. I will want to improve my defensive and athleticism as my future develops. For now though I need to focus on perfecting my current game plan which is the offense, once that's done I can worry about improving my flaws in time for the SHL.

Thanks a lot for this interview Jordan, and I wish you good luck in the NWJHL this season.

Thanks a lot.