Create Account

The Captain`s Log #5

<div align="center">[Image: qnqmhw.png]
The Captain's Log #1|The Captain's Log #2|The Captain's Log #3|The Captain's Log #4</div>

And again has past some time and started PO so its time for next Log. But every next time its harder and harder to think about what i could write. This time i will try to make my first build overview for few players. Also Nevzorov agreed to tell aboit him self.
So whats new in league? The SHL board announced the new update scale. With these changes they attemting to reduce maxed players cause now its lowered starting skill limit and restricted some of skill limits. Only strengths have retain their upper limit. Is that good or bad? Only time will show it, but already its made huge resonance. From one side its good, will be bigger activity cause its harder to max out players, but wouldnt that do the opposit? Also equipment has returned, so many money bags started to buy them. I think new update scale will affect all. Rich one will raise faster TPE, but poor will struggle to get skills up.

<div align="center">AFTER TENISS GAME</div>
Nevzorov i meet in Portlands teniss courts, where he relaxed from regular season.
Hockey in Nevzorov family was like religion, when little Nikita born parents took him to games of Omsk hockey team, althought he was few days old. His first words wasnt mom or dad, but Å¡aibu (so russian fans ask for goal). Very young, hi enjoyed watching Omsk, and as a teenager he got involved with the team while playing junior. Later scouts noticed him and invited to the MHL team. SHL was very enticing because of big money, and opportunity in North America, so he came over for the draft. He is very happy to be in Portland.
Probably you all interested why little Nikita decided to be goalie. Hi started his player carrier like winger, but then accidently Omsk coach noticed that the new guy has some goalie reflex. So with Karri Ramo (who was a great goalie in Omsk) and support of coach Nikita become damn good goalie. Nikita said that Karri Ramo was, is and will be his guru.
In the begining i mentioned that Nevzorov i met in teniss court where he relaxed from season. Teniss for him is more than hobbie, he plays very good. But he isnt the only one SHL player who plays teniss. Nikitas training partners are Ponsen and Schmidt. Begining of playing teniss For Nikita started when he joined St. Louis, where Robb Wind poisened with it.

<div align="center">GETTING READY FOR NEXT SEASON</div>
For Admirals this season has ended. So GM office have to prepare for next season. They have much to do till next season start, re-sign or get new players in team also need to decide who could pick in draft. Of course they dont reveal any FA who could join. After checking Admirals budget i can say one thing - all FA are welcome cause many inactive player cotracts will expire.
So what Admirals GM office Done till now? They extended contract with biggest S25 steal - defenceman Andris Bukss. He joined team after extention draft, and have only played 5 games in SHL. After contract discussions Bukss was happy to contract extension. Full press conference [url= http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=64175]here[/url]. Also Admirals extended contract with Nevzorov, their first goalie. Looks like with inactive FAs Admirals will re-sign at the last moment, so i will say again, all FA are welcome.
Althought S28 draft will be after some while but all GM probably have already checked potencial picks. So lets see who will probably be TOP6 picks and i try to help Portlands GM office. I checked them all before updaters updated player in new scale. Im took them in random order.

C - Gunnar Rask TPE: 268 Falcons player sheet
POSITIVE:
Hi has evolved passing, scoring and skating in decent level. But only one thing, i think pasing and scoring is to close each other. Could be hard to decide between shot and pass. Also defence is in good level.
NEGATIVE:
Endurence should be higher, so can player take massive minutes on ice.

RW - Mikko Linna TPE: 246 Knights player sheet
POSITIVE:
He is almost ready to have massive minutes on ice. Looks like good two way attacker, can contribute in offence and defence. But could little raise faceoff, although winger almost never have to stay in faceoffs.
NEGATIVE:
Should work on strength, cause strength is needed when you fight for puck and defend puck. In big league will be hard to survive when hi get puck, opponent will easly push away from puck.

D - Marc-André Moreau TPE: 254 raiders player sheet
POSITIVE:
Looks solid defenceman, hard to highlight something. Good defence, also passing and skating in decent level. Real offensive defenceman.
NEGATIVE:
I think could raise little bit checking although its his weakness. Also strength could be higher.

D - Quinn Stevenson TPE: 254 Falcons player sheet
POSITIVE:
Core skill at decent level for SMJHL player. Looks almost balanced build.
NEGATIVE:
First what I noticed was passing and scoring. They all three are decision making skills. Passing and scoring has to small gap. Like I mentioned before, sometimes player can confuse what to do. In great scoring moment he can pass and partner can shoot past or when should pass he shoot. Also strength should be higher, just to defend puck.

D - Jackson Cartier TPE: 250 Whalers player sheet
POSITIVE:
Good ratio between scoring and passing. Great build.
NEGATIVE:
Only one thing, I want little higher checking.

G - Michael McFadden TPE: 238 player sheet
POSITIVE:
Primary skills at good level, but for SHL will need to get them higher.
NEGATIVE:
Should increase skating, otherwise he will be clumsy when moving from left to right side or skating out for lost puck.

<div align="center">GOING TO DETROIT</div>
Our journalists returned from Detroit where Admirals supported their sent down mate Bukss. They decided got to Detroit, cause in West in first round played Kelowna vs Vancouver. Just couldnt decide who the support, in Kelowna plays Alphonse Oduya and in Vancouver plays Maximilian Wächter and Riley Mason. Admirals was watching the last game in this serie, and they was prominently. Maybe that ensured that Falcons can win and get in next round.
<div align="center">[Image: red-wing-nut.jpg]</div>
After game was little party. Brumm took all to best Detroit striptease bar, Buzz started to philosophize that it bad and maybe better find some library, but in end Buzz agreed.
Evening started calmly, some shit talks, some talks about next season plans. In one shit talk Nevzorov challenged Brumm to dance striptease, needles to say that in bar was only men so Brumm was kicked out. But evening just started and all partying mates went to next bar. But then Scholz suddenly wanted to pee, probably the beer was to much. So he fast run to nearby park. At the moment was police patrol in park but Scholz didnt saw that. When he started to pee, police officers arrested him. So ended the Admirals partying.