Create Account

The Three-Headed Monster Eating St. Louis
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 03:08 PM by oddly_colored_beef.)

(First post)

In the last days of the SMJHL S45 preseason, the Crows signed a third goalie, Lee Marshall to their roster. He joins incumbent starter Aleister Cain and rookie Billy Sorokin in the St. Louis crease, forming the prodigal three-headed goalie monster. Cain is coming off a Four Star Cup winning season, in which he posted an .893 save percentage, good for third in the SMJHL. Along with his 2.97 goals against average, 24 victories and an assist, Cain cemented himself as one of the top goalies in the SMJHL as he looks to remain atop the goalie ranks this season. Cain isn't concerned about the ménage à trois affecting the team, saying "The third goalie signing is just Joe [St. Louis' GM] making sure if he loses me sooner than expected he still has enough goalies in the pipeline. I know he has a plan for every situation, and my SHL GM's [Edmonton] haven't been open about when I'm going to be called up, so I don't see any goalie controversy out of this. Though I have been the third goalie and it's rough, I trust that Joe will find playing time for everyone."

Next up in net for St. Louis is rookie and recent draftee, Billy Sorokin. The Russian netminder is excited for his first season with the crows, and believes in the more, the merrier. "Having three goalies is good for goalies," says Sorokin. "More heads means more ideas to bounce ideas around in, and more bouncing means more growth." Note from the editor: I have no idea what this quote is supposed to mean. Ask the kid. Those crazy Russians... Sorokin was drafted 67th overall in S45 SMJHL entry draft with the Crows seventh round selection, after going 10-10-2 and posting a .886 save percentage at the prospect tournament. Sorokin carried the positive momentum from the tournament into the SMJHL preseason posting an .870 save percentage to go along with a 14-16-2 record and a 3.29 goals against average.

Lee Marshall is largely and unkown commodity entering the year, backing up 32 pre-season games without starting any. He came in in relief in three of those games, however, and was impressive in his limited ice time, posting a .931 save percentage, landing him second in the SMJHL.

It is believed Cain will get the lion's share of the starts in the upcoming season, barring a highly realistic call-up from Edmonton. Regardless of who is in net for the Scarecrows, they are certainly an exciting team as they look to defend their trophy.

Word Count: 443

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

Fuck yeah, the three headed monster that's going to destroy the league. Great article dude!

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]