Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 - ANC Draft Review
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 01:41 PM by CptSquall.)

In this Deep Dive, I'll be doing something completely original and reviewing the Anchorage Armada draft class.

Round 1, Pick 12: Jay Sink (RD). With their first round pick, Anchorage selected trade-deadline-create Jay Sink, a defenceman. Sink signed for the Newfoundland Berserkers as a DFA, and played about 9 minutes per game for the final 24 games of the regular season (and even got a playoff point when he registered an assist). I've earned 253 TPE as of the last update, good for 9th in the class - marginally outperforming my draft class and will overtake a few following this Deep Dive. I've also got $13.1m in the bank as a result of three media pieces and that's after buying the most expensive tier of personal coaching so it's working out okay so far. 8/10

Round 2, Pick 6: Alimony Tony (RW). With their first pick of the second round, the Armada continued the trend of picking ISFL GMs. ShnarlyDude (or Cody) has established a decent bank account of his own, with $8.4m burning a hole in his pocket - but only sits at 189 TPE. He created later and I don't think he's put all his earned TPE in his update thread. His post-draft interview with Kenny is pretty funny as well, and is worth a read. He's not got on the ice quite as much as my player, but has registered 7 points and Tony's well-placed to develop into a useful pick-up in the middle of Round 2. B+

Round 2, Pick 11: Utyosov Toyesfki (LW). Anchorage's third selection was a Russian player who's name I can't spell or pronounce. More shockingly, though, he's not a current ISFL GM and I don't think he ever has been an ISFL GM. Truly a shock at 23rd overall. mdubz is a recreate who's been around the site since 2016, creating their first player back in S33. He's earning well, still has a healthy bank account after buying the highest tier of coaching, and has two goals in limited ice time so far this season. Anchorage went fairly safe with this pick and mdubz's player should be a solid contributor or better during his time in Anchorage. Good

Round 4, Pick 7: Ville Kurri (RW). Anchorage had to wait until Round 4 to make their next pick, and so far it seems worth the wait. SlashACM's newest player has accumulated 235 TPE already, far outpacing many players selected higher. I was familiar with him before joining the league as I'd been linked the punishment thread relating to New Orleans using illegal lines in the playoffs so as long as Gabe and Bear don't ask him to do our lines this should be a slam-dunk pick. 6/7

Round 5, Pick 11: Janis Lux (LW). While other teams are passing or picking inactive players, Anchorage adds a user who is active, updating, and has $7.1m in the bank at 59th overall. Lux has 218 TPE, meaning Anchorage are 5/5 in accumulating active, updating players this draft class. Here's hoping Lukstins88 continues to stick it to Kelowna for passing two picks prior and that they continue to make other teams regret their fifth round selections. He's scored three goals already too, which is always nice. 14

Bonus: Waiver pickup Valdis Vējonis (LD). Anchorage's front office didn't stop there, adding a sixth rookie after the conclusion of the draft. BoloBill will be familiar to some ISFL users as billybolo, and we were teammates in the developmental league back when we both joined. Billy's accumulated over $9m and 210 TPE as well as being present in our locker room, providing great value and showing himself to be well-worth a waiver add. V

(616 words)

Approved +5 TPE @MementoMori

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]