Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive number 2- Dan Craig- Draft experience
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 12:26 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

The draft experience was fun. I am really glad with where I ended up. Being new to the SHL I had no idea where I was going to end up. I did do all the tasks I could, but was not sure where I would end up with only a few teams really scouting me for it.  I was honestly a bit worried about where I would end up because a lot of the team that seemed interested did not have many picks or did not have any picks till very late. The team that ended up drafting me I did not have a long conversation with, but it was a good one. It was more of a simple like just bow are you type of conversation. Most talked about if I had any preference in mind of where I wanted to go or my experience with hockey. I am in the PBE, but I am not the most known there so I think a lot of gms had no idea I was there unless they asked me about it or looked at my page a lot. I did have my players named differently which does have an impact on that. My favorite part of the draft experience for me was the rookie server and how everyone really felt like one team. Everyone was congratulated each other and even the non-mentors were trying to help people figure things out which I thought was great. All of us also messaging during the draft seeing some surprises and with the mock drafts especially a lot of talk with that. I did hear tho about the draft that it seemed like it was a pretty loaded draft. A lot of recreates I saw were actually in this draft and some of them even when into the second round which was a show to how good the draft was. I do want to get into the stream. The stream did have some tech issues and it was delayed a bit, but I really think it added a charm to the whole process. The people commentating were pretty funny and it kept it interesting as some of the delays were going on. I am also not saying that cuz some of them may or may not be teammates or in the team for the IIHF I play with LOL. They did not know I was in PBE and thought I came from the F1 league which was funny but close enough. I ended up in the later end of the second round which is not bad considering the sheer amount of recreates that were in this draft class, but I do think that for the majors draft I could easily end up in the first round with all the updating. Only thinking holding me back is that I am a forward and there are a lot of those in the league, but I do think I can easily climb up the ranks in this draft as I stay active. Recreates filling up the second round too so it did feel good to still be picked there. On top of that recreates were still going into the 3rd round which I did not realize how many go that late compared to other sim leagues I have been in normally they never get to go that late, but it makes sense in the quality of this draft.

[Image: dc24.png]

Approved, +5 TPE to @jj2416

[Image: CptSquall.gif]