Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 The Kraken Draft/Free Agents
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2023, 12:30 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

For my 2nd deep dive im going ot write about another team at random in the league, the Kraken, but more specifically, their rookies for the s71 season.  During this draft class the Kraken drafted 3 defense men and 1 goalie in this draft class, with the exception of 1 forward drafted, but more on that later.

1st pick Lazor Gato pick #7 Overall
A LD standing in at 5'3 and 150lbs he is definitely on the smaller side of the league for defensive men. Currently leading the Kraken in takeaways with 21 and is in the top 10 with assist. He also looks like a new user to the SHL with 237 TPE. While Lazor may be on the smaller side he is defiantly making big waves for the Kraken.

2nd pick Westley Kirkpatrick pick #19 Overall
Another new member for the SHL at 234 TPE is another great addition to the Kraken. He is leading his team in PP assist with 6 and is in the top 10 for defensemen for goals and points. Westley is another great addition to the Kraken's defense.

3rd pick Bjorn Arnesson pick #24 Overall
Bjorn currently appears to be a bust for the Kraken as he appears to be in active with 155 TPE. Hopefully this changes and he does return to the league, I'm sure the Kraken would love another active defensemen. Only time will tell for Bjorn Arnesson.

4th pick rony mcdoudelberg pick #55 Overall
Unfortunately, Rony appears to be an inactive which is unfortunate when it comes to goalies. This user was another new user but hasn't logged in since creating his goalie. Sitting at 155 TPE hopefully this pick doesn't sink the ship.

5th pick Sam Del Vescovo pick #61 Overall
This seems to be a trend at this point. Which is always a possible in the SHL but Sam is another inactive but is also a free agent now as he didn't accept the Krakens offer and is still sitting at 155 TPE. Sam would been a good addition to the Krakens Offense. 

2 of the 5 draft picks for the Kraken seem to +A draftees and great additions to the league, unfortunately, that can't be said about the other 3 draft picks.  The Kraken were able to pick up some free agents during the Preseason.

Center, Jason Bolden is a recreate that has 179 TPE. While he currently isn't breaking any records he is a good depth addition the Kraken's offense lines.

RW, Chris Robertson is a new user with 180 TPE and seems very active and just like Jason, I expect him to be a great addition.

Goalie, Sith Happens was a much-needed addition as the Kraken's drafted goalie was a bust. This goalie is at 218 TPE and on paper is a great looking goalie, but in real life? Sith Happens looks to be 1000 years old due to all the wrinkles his face has, sounds like a safety issue to me. I think this guy has some screws loose and should be in a mental institution due to his constant laughing while in the crease. Hopefully this pick up doesn't kill the Kraken.

This has been glance into the Krakens rookie line up, but mainly a jab at Sith Happens, Trevor Lahey rival. With that said, it all doesn't matter, Falcons in 7.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Approved, +5 TPE to @DigDoug11

[Image: CptSquall.gif]