Create Account

A Letter to the Yukon

After a hard fought battle against the Newfoundland Berserkers, the Malamutes find themselves on the outside of the playoff picture and thus another season comes to an end, and with it the conclusion of my junior career. It was a good run in the Yukon and I finished just under a point per game with 247p in 266, the franchise record for PIMs with 212, and 3rd all time in hits with 664. A great career with the Malamutes if I do say so myself, a lot better than I had expected when I first joined the league.

Hopefully this doesn't get too sentimental but I was trying to find the right words and I am grateful for my time in the Yukon.

When I first joined the league off of a Reddit post that was quickly taken down for being posted in r/hockey, I was kind of unsure about how everything works, what to do, how to get started, and was redirected to the newly constructed, magnificent update portal. (probably one of the biggest reasons I stayed. Thank you portal gods) I started off writing some media; a scouting report for my player and a bit of a background story, immediately diving into everything I could at the time. Creating a few days before the draft, I was worried that I didn't create my player at the "optimal" time and was going to be behind but was assured that wasn't the case.

I spoke to a lot of the J teams leading up to the draft and was worried about where I would end up. A lot of good conversations with scouts and managers of each team had me excited for the future. Buying into the hype of the draft I was watching people's mock drafts and trying to figure out where I would go. Watching the draft live, I was ecstatic to see that Yukon picked me up at 21st overall. @fubaguy was one of the first people to reach out to me after I joined the site and scouted me for the Malamutes so if it wasn't for him I would have probably not been a Malamute.

Joining the Malamutes locker room was great and was probably the most active discord I have ever been in. A lot of that is thanks to the Mutes that were there with me in the first season and some that had graduated before me and stuck around the locker room. @Fluw and @BadWolf have created a great fun environment that has been a joy to be a part of over the past 4 seasons. I honestly can't say enough nice things about them, Fluw made sure to emphasize that he would support whatever build I wanted to make and not to worry about making a "meta" build and to do whatever I want to make it fun for me. (I would also like to thank Fluw for putting up with my player having high aggression and clinching the Malamutes PIMs record). BadWolf has been a phenomenal manager as well, always being fun in the locker room and cooking up some crazy thoughts and conversations. With a large rookie class of 7 in my draft season, the discord was buzzing for the entirety of the season. Vets such as HFFO, Eggcracker, FuriousChicken, Fuba, Mr President and many others were always yapping about stuff and I gladly contributed whenever I could. They have made the entire time in the Malamute locker room fun and engaging and are a big part of why I stuck around the league.

Around this time I decided to mess around with some graphics as I never really did much with them before and had no experience. After making my own hockey card style graphics and sharing them with our team, it was @Eggcracker who got me to keep on doing them and put me on the path to getting better at them to be honest. He asked me to do some for the Edmonton roster at this time, it helped me practice and get better and really motivated me to improve my graphics skills.  @HabsFanFromOntario is a great guy as well and has helped me with my build and time in the league, and is actually one of the reasons I have been so motivated to earn a ton of money. I was originally focused on optimizing my build for the best possible performance but HFFO made it clear that money and earning TPE matters the most rather than sim performance and he also flexed his $200+ Million SHL bank account on me. Which I am going to catch up to soon! @FuriousChicken even convinced me to join the SSL where they don't have a portal! Which has been a great time over there as well even though I have to do math. A big shout out to the S74 class from the Mutes, @Jexter and @Juho as well as @Kimar for pushing each other to earn and try to push the team to win every chance we had! Also keep your head up when we face each other! (even you Kimar)

I joined the Malamutes war room in my second season, where Fluw and BadWolf showed Jex, Juho and I how everything worked and we got involved in scouting with the squad. Adding Darian, Kalix, Keven, Kimar, Peyton, Dash and more over the past couple seasons, there is no other group that I would rather lose to Maine with. Now that my time in the Great White North has come to an end I would like to give my sincere thanks to all my teammates, management, and Yukon alumni that I have shared the discord with since I first created my player 7 months ago. I hope the team has success for the foreseeable future and that the curse of being beaten by Maine and Newfoundland eventually ends!

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

I’ll see you in the SHL next year bud!  Heart

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

<3<3<3

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

It's been an honour friend best of luck in the big leagues <3

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

He hasn't even reached his final form!

It's great to see you have fully committed to the cult.

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

One of the best. Salut!

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

Cant wait to get hit by you next year! Mark the calendars for SEA v WPG

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

#1 Squid in the SHL <3

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Been hyped to have ya in Latvia, you were one of the reasons Yukon was so scary to play!

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Great J career my friend!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

<3

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]