Create Account

Season 7 NWJHL Lottery!

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 14 2012, 12:44 PM

but you could also look at it as a way to not have the same teams at the top each year.
i dont think its matters tbh...the better GMs will have better teams no matter where they pick.

plus its a snake draft...so i dont really even see how 4th pick is even a disadvantage

I agree. It's not a huge change but it's changing the way we've always done it without telling the GMs. That's moreso what I have the issue with because if you are a good GM, you can pick from wherever and still build a successful team.

To the point about the top teams each year, none of them are involved in the top 4 pick lottery as only the teams eliminated first in the play-offs are given a chance at 1st so I don't really see that as the reason. The way we've had it every year has worked fine...I hate pointless changes that even though have a small impact still provide certain teams with a better position to work from.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 14 2012, 12:53 PM

I agree. It's not a huge change but it's changing the way we've always done it without telling the GMs. That's moreso what I have the issue with because if you are a good GM, you can pick from wherever and still build a successful team.

To the point about the top teams each year, none of them are involved in the top 4 pick lottery as only the teams eliminated first in the play-offs are given a chance at 1st so I don't really see that as the reason. The way we've had it every year has worked fine...I hate pointless changes that even though have a small impact still provide certain teams with a better position to work from.
yea i agree...i still think its not a big deal tho

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 14 2012, 12:56 PM

Yeah the rule change isn't a big deal besides the fact the GMs weren't informed of it lol.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 14 2012, 09:44 AM

but you could also look at it as a way to not have the same teams at the top each year.
i dont think its matters tbh...the better GMs will have better teams no matter where they pick.

plus its a snake draft...so i dont really even see how 4th pick is even a disadvantage

As I said, our team made moves thinking that we will have 25% chance of landing on any spot. This totally screwed our deal with Seattle. If we knew that we would only have 10% chance winning first we wouldn't have done that deal. Wouldn't have done that trade with Seattle if I knew about this changes.

Fuck this

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Jan 14 2012, 09:56 AM

It's not a big deal in terms of what? That only 1 GM is affected by this? lol. Unfuckingbelievable.

Discord are for plebs

I don't see what people are complaining about; Boston gets to pick 2nd it's ok.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

I'd rather 4th pick over 1st pick for later rounds.

Yeah I'd rather have the 4th pick if I didn't trade some picks to get 8th overall thinking I could go higher then 4th with a better chance.

and that of course affects the trades I pick as it is a snake draft.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by JayMay@Jan 14 2012, 07:08 PM

ahh.. idk. This draft is very shallow. I'm happy having the 2nd pick because we get a much better player than at 3 or 4

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TACOLORDOFEVIL@Jan 14 2012, 10:03 PM

ahh.. idk. This draft is very shallow. I'm happy having the 2nd pick because we get a much better player than at 3 or 4
No not really. I bet every 1st rounder is pretty much the same activity wise, how they actually do statistically is a different story; however.

Quote:Originally posted by JayMay@Jan 14 2012, 07:08 PM

Since we have 3 picks in the 2nd round, I am very glad we got 1st overall.