Create Account

Rick Chleb RS91 Player Agency Client

<div align="center">[Image: 2emmus4.jpg]

This article is a part of a series focusing on RS91 Player Agency clients who are coming up on their SMJHL Entry Draft day. We will focus on their performance during the prospects tournament, their current strengths and weaknesses (attributes), we will also feature a short interview with them and discuss their, hopefully, bright futures in the SMJHL and eventually SHL.

We currently have 4 clients that are eligible for tonight's SMJHL Entry Draft and each will have their own respective articles released throughout the course of today.

This is the first article of today's series, and as such we will focus on the first SMJHL prospect to join our agency...

Rick Chleb

[Image: torey-krug-m-hockey-photo.jpg]
Rick playing for his University team this past season.

Rick played for the Lions during the prospects tournament where he excelled as one of the top defensive defenseman of the tournament. Most people would've looked at Rick's stats and written him off right away, but you have to dig a little bit to understand that he actually had a great tournament.

Rick is your prototypical stay at home defenseman, and you know what they say, defense wins championships!

Current Attributes

TPE Earned: 173

CK = Checking: 80
FG = Fighting: 27
DI = Discipline: 63
SK = Skating: 71
ST = Strength: 70
EN = Endurance: 74
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 58
FO = Face Offs: 50
PA = Passing: 64
SC = Scoring: 50
DF = Defense: 78
PS = Penalty Shot: 50

Looking at Rick's attributes you continue to see the same pattern of defensive defenseman. He's an excellent checker, and while he isn't the biggest guy out there he more than makes up for it by having excellent defensive instinct. While he isn't particularly known to drop the gloves he is better at it than most of the guys out there.

This is where the prototypical defensive defenseman similarities begin to end though, usually this style of defensemen don't do well when it comes to passing the puck and setting up plays but Rick is capable of it an does a rather good job of it too. Just don't expect him to score too much.

Another positive that Rick has going for him is his skating ability, he's able to quickly catch up to anyone that may have managed to get by him and he's able to do it all game long thanks to a good endurance level.

The one thing that Rick needs to improve on is his overall game, he's going to be good in the SMJHL but to make the SHL he's got a little ways to go. With regular training and good dedication he will get there no problem though.

Prospect Tournament Stats
10 GP
0 G, 1 A, 1 P
10 PIM (0 fighting majors)
10 hits, 1 shot, 10 shots blocked
20.51 minutes/game

Most people would look at Rick's prospect tournament and say he had a very poor one. That couldn't be further from the truth. Rick excelled during the tournament, and exactly where he was expected to. With so many offensive players in the tournament Rick's defensive capabilities were a huge addition to his team. Rick didn't light it up offensively with only 1 point but player over 20 minutes a game while recording 1 hit and 1 shot blocked average per game.

Now, for the final part of our piece today. We had the chance to quickly ask Rick a few questions yesterday, here are the highlights.

Interview Do you have any particular team that you would like to play for?

Rick: The Regina Force have definitely caught my eye but it would be a pleasure to be given a chance on any team and when I do get that chance, I'll certainly run with it, playing as hard as I can.

Interview What kind of player do you see yourself becoming at the professional (SHL and SMJHL) level?

Rick: I see myself remaining a very active defensive defenseman but I'd like to make myself more flexible on both sides of the game once I am 100% confident in my defensive responsibilities. I've already started this progress by showing I can pass and set up plays in previous prospect showcases.

Interview Any goals for your first SMJHL season?

Rick: To win and be heavily involved in an active Locker Room. As long as I make friends, learn some things, and make a playoff run then I will be happy or just as long as my team is happy with me. A high positive plus/minus is something I'm shooting for as well, but I'm a team first kind of guy.

Interview What kind of legacy do you see yourself leaving once your career reaches an end?

Rick: I want people to have seen me as an ambassador of the league, a winner who not only won games but won the hearts of the community by doing services such as moderating or being a GM.

In the end Rick is a can't miss prospect for any team looking to bolster their defensive core. He's going to excel on the defensive side of the game and with regular training he will also become more and more reliable on the offensive side too.

Plus, he has a great player agent. Wink
</div>

Code:
922 words
1 picture

Code:
Please make article payable to Schabouy