Create Account

S25 Written PT#4 - 'SHL Draft Rankings'

1) Edmonton Blizzard

Very active team and I know some people in that team. Not to mention, I have spent a bit of time with that organization. Probably number one or two (with the other one being Hamilton Steelhawks) on most time played in an organization. My overall experience with this team has been positive

2) Calgary Dragons

The departure of some players have dropped the Dragons to number two. The team has made a very big transition with a General Manager change, many player departure, and also many players coming up to the big club. This team is very young but contending already. Those are very good signs for the Dragons. They just need a very good result.

3 Minnesota Chiefs

They seem to always be contending even though they have a shit roster. They've taken a step back this season but they are right back at it. They are currently second on their conference and are looking strong once again.

4Toronto North Stars

The Toronto North Stars have no won the Challnge Cup but Potato Chips will be the first one to bring the Toronto North Stars a Challenge Cup. The challenge itself to winning the franchise's first Challenge Cup is the most attractive part of this destination.

5 West Kendall Platoon

With their surge this season and many good addition, they skyrocket up to number 5. There's really nothing much to say here. It looks like they have a lot of good things going on.

6 - Winnipeg Jets

They have the simmer so they will be winning cups. I like cups so this is a very good destination for Potato Chips

7 - Hamilton Steelhawks

Won cup last season. Struggling a bit this season. Gonna be losing players after this season as well. 7th is not a bad spot though.

8 Portland Admirals

They are rebuilding. I'd rather get drafted here than Buffalo Stampede when it comes to expansion teams.

9 Buffalo Stampede

Rebuilding team but not too bad. Near playoffs even though they are still on their first season. Beating out New England Wolfpack and Toronto North Stars...... that's the only problem. Those two teams are pretty much annally out of the playoffs

10 - Seattle Riot

Was high before but dropped down. Don't like the atmosphere around here

11 - Manhattan Rage

No thanks

12 - New England Wolfpack

No thanks. They are rebuilding. This is i think their third season rebuilding and it seems like they will need more seasons to have the team that they want.

13 - Los Angeles Panthers

Never felt like signing here. Heard bad things about what's going on inside this locker room so I'm not interested at all.

14 Texas Renegades

The last team is the Texas Renegades. The team has gotten more and more annoying. It wasn't the same team as before when I put the Renegades on top of my list. Dragons and Renegades had a great rivalry before but now, these two aren't rivals anymore since Texas isn't even a playoff contender in the first place lol.

507 words

Discord are for plebs

1. Texas Renegades
With Chris Partlow retiring next season this opens up much opportunity for young and upcoming defenders. Texas could use some more defense for depth reasons and Ruud thinks he would fit in perfectly in the line up in a season or two down the road. With Management changing to a more positive image from their recent negative also makes it more appealing.

2. Minnesota Chiefs
With the recent Mass retirement Minnesota could use some help, Ruud thinks he will fit in well in Minny but there is a rebuild that needs to happen, But that is something that does not bother Ruud so if Minny were to draft him, He wouldn't have a problem with it.

3. Toronto North Stars
A storied franchise with no history with winning the cup, just sad defeats. The franchise is in serious need of a cup especially having never won a cup since its creation, Ruud would love to be part of the team that wins the cup, he thinks saying "I helped lead Toronto to their first ever cup" would be a magnificent thing to be mentioned.

4. Los Angeles Panthers
The Panthers is a tough franchise with a bad ass member base. A lot of active and amazing graphic designers as well. The fact that this team could be low on anyone's list amazes Ruud, yes the competition to crack the starting line up is there but that is what makes the SHL Great, competition.

5. Portland Admirals
A struggling franchise, which isn't surprising, not because of the GM, but because of an expansion team that just came into the league this season. Ruud would love to join a team that he could jump right into as a true rookie and try his hardest to compete. The GM is also to be said a great and experienced one.

6. Buffalo Stampede
Another expansion franchise on the list, but this time a team that still has a chance to make the SHL Playoffs. With that being said there is still a lot of room for Ruud to be slotted into. Ruud would love to play for either of the expansion teams to see if he has what it takes to play in the SHL.

7. West Kendall Platoon
A team with a lot of history, and some kind of future plans to what they expect and where they are going, Ruud would like to play for Kendall but he thinks that they have a better shot without him on their team, that being said if Kendall do want Ruud he will for sure play there like he would with any other team.

8. Winnipeg Jets
Probably the best Franchise in all of the SHL, why wouldn't Ruud want to play there? There is not reason, he definitely would like to play there. A great GM, a great goalie, great member base team is potentially a breeding ground for another championship.

9. Edmonton Blizzard
Arguably the best onside of the Jets in terms of Franchises, the Blizzard is 9th on Ruuds list because he has yet to speak to any of the GMs on that team, maybe if they reached out and ask questions to him, he would rank them higher than what they are. But for now they place 9th.

10. Seattle Riot
Another team that Ruud has yet to speak with anyone from the Head office, like Edmonton they have the chance to be improved on the ranking list, just ask a few questions and why you would love to have him!

11. Calgary Dragons
Same reason why the Blizzard and Riot are low on the list.

12. Manhattan Rage
Same reasons as stated previously.

13. New England Wolfpack
Same reasons as stated in all the others.

14. Hamilton Steelhawks
Same. Fuck u Tanner :ph34r:

With all that being said, If Ruud was drafted to any of these teams, he would love to be part of that organization!

600+ words.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Coming into the SHL Entry draft I have no preferred destination I would gladly come into any organization and play for them right away, however, here would be my rankings

1. Renegades
- Was there before, great team environment and a good roster.
2. Panthers
- Never played here, but this team always competes and has a lot of really good dudes on the team.
3. Rage
- My boy EMS is there i miss him so i will come back to him. Also Merica is running ship and my shoulder buddy Mook
4. Dragons
- After Birks is gone this team is now a favorable destination and could be swapped with even LAP tbh. Esa is a cool dude and would love to play under him.
5. Blizzard
- Tez is kinda cute
6. Chiefs
- They would be higher but they talk bout WWE too much like that shits stupid
7. Jets
- Know Hallsy and Orginz and JackCross, Elyk, Panda, Satan, Prik. The list probably goes on and on. Plus, Leafs is good at lines so it would be fun to play under him.
8A. Wolfpack
- Good dudes such as Reid, Storm, PB BOMB ASS, now Stinson and a few rookies.. Eggy is alright too i guess
8B Platoon
- Bojo is my lover
8C Stars
- Meh dont really know anyone here except for Dmoushey who i still needa get money from so if he pays me u move up
8D :admirals:
- JP is GM and he is beauty
8E Stampede
- 701 is here good friendo
8F Riot
- Dont know anybody here.
8E :steelhawks
- Would not mind going here, i was here before and despite what i said in my rankings earlier i would gladly play here.

Thats the rankings folks! Draft day is near and i will gladly dawn any jersey i am given Smile

300 words (Only claiming 2 TPE since i will be capped)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Shl Ok so, um first of all, I am an undrafted in the SMJHL, because I am always drunk and I missed my plane to the SMJHL draft (I instead took a plane to Bahamas, don’t ask why), but I will gladly mis-not miss the SHL draft, because I won’t, nuff said, here is my rankings:

1. Dragons Calgary Dragons
Esa is my idol, and I will follow him wherever he goes (no homo), and good team they have Calgary Dragons, (Randy, VLAD? I don’t recall …).

2. Stars Toronto …North Stars?
There I almost forget their name, they have such nice team, located in the good old wes-Eastern Canada, I would go drunk the Blue Jays all night every day, hoping to catch their balls (not to be compared to deez nuts of mine).

3. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard
Not long ago they won the cup, and beside, that’s where I arrived after joining this league, and that’s where I own my 2M Chateau for Rent house, it is super-ho inside, which goes well with Edmonton -25 Winter, plus, that’s the right place to be if you want to keep your girlfriend happy (WEM), your buddies drunk (my future roommate), and also you family happy too.

4. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks
That pretty much sums my love of playing in Canada, sorry USA, it’s because Bud-Light will kill and my clan, Budweiser for the win, although country got the best drinks (from Europe to Africa, Ahh Illuminati (Government) business)

5. Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs
I know good team when I see it, because my eyes got some Infrared vision when charged with Martini, and btw it is State of Hockey so it is a good state

6. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack
I am wondering how the managed to move wolfs in New England, but anyway great city, just the most hated in USA (It is somewhat a successful city in sports, Pats, B’s, Celts, Revs, Red Sox, and Wolfpack now? I mean it would be great if that was possible for Toronto, FOR CANADA in general)

7. Jets Oh I forget Winnipeg Jets
But it doesn’t matter anyway, I heard that they have a good team, where I heard, while I was listening my new drink, like the Coors Light ad, it was weird, but it was worth it(I almost lost my GIF, I mean GF, burp).

8. Rage Manhattan Rage
Great old NYC, Superheroes (do they exist, pls say no (yes) Master Brew is my dream superhero/Villain name)

9. Riot Seattle Riot
We won’t need better players, we’ll just have to riot for it at the GM houses lol.

10. West Kendall Platoon
Where is that place, do they have bars? (Not to be compared to 24-Karat Gold Bars, or Klondike Chocolate bars)

11. Stampede Buffalo Stampede
Most like to go, since it is an expansion team anyway

12. Renegades Texas Renegade
Not to be compared to Chile, no matter how drunk I am, since starting drinking, I have fought up to 193 peoples, arguing with their flag, and still arguing( if that happens when I am around, pls call 911 immediately, or shit will brix)

13. :admirals: Portland Admirals
New phone (team, dammit vodka), who is dis?

14. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers
LA, home to my 4 best friends, me, Trev, Frank, Mike, and the Molester. They always make sure I have money to buy them drinks, too bad they live in the USA, but I don’t blame them if they don’t like Canada’s winter, but, they always come to Canada anyway, even if that means, running away from the cops, after stealing, the Panthers season budget.

All in all, if finally, my drink can let me talk what I meant the whole time, is that they are all good, I am mostly to get picked last, but I will sure not mind, I am mostly going to end up in the new teams, but anyway, it will be a pleasure to play my career to any team
PS: Esa is famous in my country because, they brew it very smoothly and spicy(my country’s everyone favorite beer) so I bought some at my house and started drinking them right before I start typing this, burp(drunk too much  )
And also please do not take this serious if you are angry!!!

Also correct me if I messed up teams names and their logos

-A message from the government of Klinkhammer

Word Count: 729?

<div align="center">The Eoin MacGregor ‘I Want To Go To There’ Draft Preference All-Spectacular Hour</div>

#1 - Portland Admirals
[Image: rice3r.png]
Eoin has a proud sea-faring tradition in his family (his great-great-uncle was the lookout for the Titanic) and he’s not afraid of visiting a coffee shop, ordering a pumpkin-spiced latte, and talking loudly about his upcoming novel/screenplay/stageplay that’s going to change the way you think about EVERYTHING. He’d fit in perfectly at Portland.

#2 - Mini-soda Chiefs
[Image: 2u7t2sh.png]
Eoin loves small soda and finds them an enjoyable novelty. He also likes forests and would relish the opportunity to go ‘Winnebago-hunting’ with his teammates. He probably meant wendigo but we’re not too clear. He’d also enjoy the opportunity to punch Kristján Vilhjalmsson’s face in at every chance he gets.

#3 - Seattle Riot
[Image: 124tp54.png]
See Portland Admirals regarding Eoin’s appreciation of coffee shops. He also enjoys the rain and, being part-amphibian, would feel at home in a place that’s practically underwater.

Tied #4 - Everybody Else Bar One
Eoin has no strong feelings one way or the other against these teams and would be fine with playing for them. He’d owe them his loyalty and would do his utmost to bring pride to their shirt. They’d also see their bar turnover increase exponentially following his call-up.

#16 - Texas Renegades
The GM looks to be a decent sort and doing his utmost but, ultimately, the locker room isn’t appealing from what spills out.

Quote:[b]Word Count: 240[/b]

T1 - Buffalo Stampede
T1 - Hamilton Steelhawks
T1 - Manhattan Rage
T1 - Minnesota Chiefs
T1 - New England Wolfpack
T1 - Toronto North Stars
T1 - West Kendall Platoon
T1 - Calgary Dragons
T1 - Edmonton Blizzard
T1 - Los Angeles Panthers
T1 - Portland Admirals
T1 - Seattle Riot
T1 - Texas Renegades
T1 - Winnipeg Jets

There is not really any team that I prefer over the other. I think if you make a list of where you want to go, you just set yourself up to be disappointed when the draft comes around. I'm excited to take the same approach as I did in the SMJHL Entry Draft, I want to go to the team that wants me. I think that I've done a really good job of collecting TPE over the season and that I'd be a great addition to any defense in the league.

As I mentioned from the start of my career, I'm in this business for two things: blocking shots and making forwards famous. A good blue liner is always useful. The team that wants Clayton Fuller and has a plan for him is who I want to be on. The one thing that I can rate is team names. I think that the Manhattan Rage is the coolest name. I think it would be pretty cool to play in such a big city at the highest level. I think the worst team name might be the Toronto North Stars. Even though I may not be the biggest fan of the name, the North Stars might be the best choice. A team name can't represent the people who make teams special. I want to go to the most special team in the league. If we could continue to grow and make Halifax an SHL team, I would love it.

I guess to sum everything up, I want to go to the place that wants me, the place that has a spot and plan for me. I think the Manhattan Rage have the coolest name, while the Toronto North Stars have the worst name, but the name isn't indicative of the people that make up the team.

[305 words]

Let me start by saying that I will play that any team that drafts me and I'm pretty sure there aren't many that will be willing to do so because of my reputation. Also I am interested in spending a few seasons with the Halifax Raiders until I am ready to step into a roll in the SHL. I plan to be a 3rd line defensive centre who will be the best faceoff person in the league. Don't be expecting too much offense from this one.

I'm not going to go ahead and rank each team, but rather do it in tiers so that all teams in each tier are equal:

Tier 1

Blizzard I know that Tez wanted to sign me after I was released from the Renegades but then had second guesses because of attitude stuff or w/e. I still had a blast with the Blizz so I wouldn't mind going there.

Renegades Even though Deener released me, this is still my home and I like all of the people there. Not sure what they think about me now but don't really care.

Platoon They gave me a big warm welcoming and Bojo has turned this team into a winning franchise which is really exciting for the team. They have lots of actives and the locker room is fun.

Tier 2

Wolfpack I used to hate New England but prettyburn and Storm have turned them around into an exciting team. Still think they need a new logo.

Panthers I'm pretty sure most of the Panthers hate me because of the series with Manhattan in the finals a few seasons back. Wasty has a good team though plus they are VHL friendly

Dragons My longest stint in the league probably ever. I just got tired of losing. But seems like Esa has turned the team around and I'd be okay going back there.

Tier 3

Stampede Pretty sweet logo and the new team that I think will have some success.

Rage Manhattan is a fun team and the last team I won the cup with. The roster is pretty bare now though and may be getting more bare with some players leaving.

Riot I'd be okay going here, don't know much about the team really now though.

Chiefs I think they are rebuilding so it could be okay. I think JT is stepping down soon.

Jets They were so inactive when I played there, not sure what they are like now.

Steelhawks I think they are the recent winners and I love Schultzy but who knows anything else about them.

:admirals: Is this team even active though? JP isn't even really that active.

Tier 4

Stars Lol, fuck off

So there you have it, that's my rankings and I said I would play anywhere but now that I've written it out I'd definitely prefer to be drafted in the top two tiers. Like I said it doesn't really matter because I'm going to drop down far in the draft anyways and I'm pretty sure some team will just take a risk on me. I plan to be more laid back around the league and not start shit. And I've always been good in the locker room. Let's just get me drafted and I can start fresh with a new team!

Code:
556 words

La liste des bouses (The list of sludge)

T1 - Buffalo Stampede
T1 - Hamilton Steelhawks
T1 - Manhattan Rage
T1 - Minnesota Chiefs
T1 - New England Wolfpack
T1 - Toronto North Stars
T1 - West Kendall Platoon
T1 - Calgary Dragons
T1 - Edmonton Blizzard
T1 - Los Angeles Panthers
T1 - Portland Admirals
T1 - Seattle Riot
T1 - Texas Renegades
T1 - Winnipeg Jets

I honestly have no preference for what team I don't get drafted by this season. I doubt that I'll be drafted this season. I need more time to age, like a fine wine. Although I would appreciate a nod, possibly in the last round of the draft, I would be of almost no help in the big boy league. I might be the worst pick, even being drafted in the last round of the draft. Maybe, I, as THE man known as sludge, being drafted will be viewed as a joke, a very funny joke; a juicy, juicy meme only comprehendible by the most discerning of meme-tasters, gaff makers and rump shakers. I, being allowed to ply my craft on the plump acres of an SHL team will be able to become a more complete player, and therefore human being. Am I human, do I not bleed, do I not feel shame when my neighbor finds out I stole her Victoria’s Secret Calendar. NO MRS. GUNDERSON, I DIDN’T STEAL YOUR MAGAZINE, LEAVE ME ALONE. Do I not cry when watching emotionally moving films like “Debbie Does Dallas” or “The Mighty Ducks” or “David Chappelle’s House Block Party”? Do I not SWEAT OR BLEED AS MUCH AS ANOTHER MAN? So in my hour of need, when I need to be drafted, who will accept my eternal elegance? (Trades or sweet, sweet money withstanding; you know how I do love the money). When my grandchildren ask me what I was doing all those years ago, I want to be able to tell them, Pop-pop was gettin’ paid boatloads of cash to play a game, get addicted to legal and Illegal narcotics and get massages from middle aged men. The pride they feel will give me what it takes to kick my addiction to barbiturates and the cocaine. My mantra “Great guy, loves the game” Will echo through the halls of the Mount Olympus as Zeus himself bows to me and declares me the new leader of the Greek pantheon. Aphrodite, my bride, by my side as I am declared the newest member of the pantheon, the God of Hockey, the newest king of Mount Olympus. My best man, Tony Flow gives a speech at my wedding “This is the Greatest guy, who loves the game more than any I’ve ever met, his training is complete he is now a real man.” Then I’m gonna bang Aphrodite REAL hard. Like a jackhammer just bang bang bang bang bang bang bang. Then she’s gonna go WHHHHHO HOOOOOOOO. Then bang bang bang bang HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!! Goal horn.

There are two teams that stand out to me, so I am only going to list those. I won't add fluff and extra words just to make some fast cash.

1. Winnipeg Jets
I have an inside man on the Winnipeg squad, and he can't speak more highly of them. Luke Fleming, one of my fellow Firebirds, was drafted by the Jets this season, but remained in Juniors for one more season. He has been doing fantastically this season, and will hopefully continue to do so in the SHL. Winnipeg is apparently a great city, pretty cold sometimes but I like the cold.

2. New England Wolfpack
People like to bash the Wolfpack for being in the middle of a rebuild or something like that, but I believe in the quality of the teammates there and any shared hobbies and loves are more important than the meta hockey plan, in some cases. I know that I would have a home there among other Magic: The Gathering enthusiasts and general gamers, as I've been told is very popular among the New England players.

It would be my honor and privilege to play for any team in the SHL, but these two are the ones that I feel that I would enjoy the most to be a part of.