Create Account

S26 SMJHL PT#2 - Endorsements

Weak af but advertisements are not my specialty :D

Paddy O’Brien’s Irish Loft

Characters: Montreal Impact goaltender Matt Lewis-Flood, Restaurant owner Paddy O’Brien

*half the backdrop is the restaurant interior, half is the Ireland landscape*

*Paddy O’Brien enters the stage*

Paddy O’Brien: I’m Paddy O’Brien of “Paddy O’Brien’s Irish Loft” - The ONLY place for Irish cuisine in downtown Montreal. And with me today I have new Montreal hockey player, Matt Lewis-Flood! Welcome to the city Matt!

*Matt Lewis-Flood enters the stage, standing next to Mr. O’Brien*

Matt Lewis-Flood: Having been born and raised in Northern Galway, Ireland, there’s no food I love more than traditional Irish food! I knew my first dinner in the city of Montreal would have to be at the Irish place, and I found Paddy O’Brien’s! The lamb and potatoes were so good; it felt like I was right back home in Ireland’s green rolling hills. If you are in Montreal searching for the best place to eat, come right to Paddy O’Brien’s, your one stop restaurant for all Irish cuisine! After all, you cannot play goalie on an empty stomach! Back to you, Paddy!

Paddy O’Brien: Thanks Matt, glad you loved it! Aside from partnering with the star prospect Matt Lewis Flood, Paddy O’Brien’s is happy to announce the new partnership with the entire Montreal Impact organization. You will now see our restaurant displayed on the sleek boards surrounding the BMO Harris Stadium ice rink! That will be an even bigger reminder to come stop by for Irish food. Hope to see a bunch of you lads at Paddy O’Brien’s!

Matt Lewis-Flood: Remember, all you hockey fans out there, keep on rooting for the Montreal Impact. It is our goal to bring home a Four Star Cup to this city, but we couldn’t possibly do it without you, the Impact Faithful. Cheers!

*Matt Lewis-Flood exits stage*

*Paddy O’Brien exits stage*

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

307 Words, so I can claim 3 TPE, correct?

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RainDelay@Nov 13 2015, 02:00 PM
307 Words, so I can claim 3 TPE, correct?
You gotta wait for the claim note to be updated in the OP

[Image: livius.gif]

Updated

506 Words

* Opens on a practice session. Players are wearing navy blue, white, and light gray jerseys and skating around picking up pucks and shooting. The camera zooms in on a player with number 15 on his jersey. The name on the dirty blond-haired player's back reads "Hunyadi". *

* Continues focusing on the player, who is skating slowly and at one point drops his stick while attempting to shoot and trips over it. He's shooting haphazardly and appears tired or exhausted. *

* What appears to be a scrimmage is shown. The player picks up the puck and makes a sloppy deke through two players, but manages to escape them, skating steadily towards the net. He pulls back his stick, but is smashed into from the side by a defenceman who caught up to him. He flies onto the ice and crashes into the boards. *

* The player lags to the bench and leaves the ice, followed by the other players. He seems uninterested in doing anything, and doesn't say much. He's approached by the defenceman who hit him. "You weren't you today. Have a xWater." The blond-haired player takes a swig. "xWater...I feel charged up again! This is some good *bleep*!" *

"Told you, man. See you tomorrow!"

"Yup, yeah, see ya! xWater..."

* The player walks out to the parking lot and enters a car with license plate "THE HUN". He sits and takes a drink of the water, and a light bulb appears over his head. He drives off and is seen speeding on the road, being pulled over by a cop, who clearly disapproves. He listens to the cop before offering a suggestion; "Officer, have some xWater." The officer takes the water bottle and pours some into his mouth. "You're good to go, son! Sorry about that." *

* On the road, the player is seen bobbing his head to music playing in the car, and taking a swig of water. He pulls off to a parking lot, stops the car, and exits to reveal the name of the store: "Target". The player leaves his car and runs to the doors, then to the drinks section. There, he sees various types of water and looks around until he finds something marked "xWater". He grabs a few bottles and the camera transitions to him leaving the store with a bag full of bottles. *

* The next day, the player is in the locker room again. He puts on a jersey and yawns--but pulls out a bottle of xWater and takes a drink. He flashes a thumbs-up, goes out, and the camera shows him pulling off a great deke and solo effort, scoring a goal. *

My name is László Hunyadi. When I'm not feeling charged, I take a drink of xWater. It's sure to get you energized and ready for whatever you may have to do!

xWater: The water that charges you up! Now available at the low price of $2.45 per bottle! The official drink of the SHL and drunk by the best! Check your local supermarket to find xWater!

upd8 m8 itd b gr8 id r8 88888/88888

Quote:Originally posted by NovaRC@Nov 14 2015, 11:21 AM
upd8 m8 itd b gr8  id r8 88888/88888
You posted this after it was up for a half hour...

Hello men and women of hockey, it's your new Montreal Impact rookie Riley McDonald and do you want to to know what I eat to be able to play the level of hockey that I am at in the SMJHL. There is one very simple answer to that question and the answer is Mcdonals new mystery meat wrap which is only available till the department of human health forbid it. It's packed with so many different meats from animals, we can't even classify it in its name. But with all those animals in it must mean it is full of all the good nutrients we look for in our healthy diet. As much as I have had a poor start to the season, once I ate McDonald's new mystery meat wrap I got my first point of the season, so clearly there is some magic in this meal. It has bear tails, deer neck, some type of rabbit, fox ear, dog tail, artificial flavours and for those kids who want to be tough like me, I believe this even had traces of human teeth in it to give it that extra special crunch. So if you-What was that director? Why are you waving your arms? Oh, you did not want me to say that part, my bad, can we re shoot this? This is on live television, oh my lord. Should I still continue the ad or get off stage? No, okay. I still get paid for this right? Should I just continue where I left off or should I start over? I'll just finish it.

So if you are tired of your happy meals and value meals, come on down to McDonald's and try there new magic meal which includes the one of a kind mystery meat wrap. I bet you no other restaurant has tried this yet. I'm Riley McDonald and I aprrove this awesomeness.

317 words

Proper gear is very important in order to excel in a sport which requires you to either grip a ball, or in this case - the hockey stick in order to move around with the puck with ease. Without not only comfortable gloves, but also a pair with grip, it's very hard to handle the puck - along with the difficult of taking shots due to inability to keep hold of the stick. With that being said, a proper pair of hockey gloves can considerably improve your play on the ice. Bauer provides comfortable gloves with space, yet still gloves with grip. Don't believe us? Ask Forward Zach Zyvleski, of the Vancouver Whalers whom has been able to score two goals and facilitate nine assists thus far throughout his rookie season.

Forward of the Vancouver Whalers, Zach Zyvleski can be seen on Bauer's head quarters' practice ice. He's seen with bogus gloves, without any grip - and is visibly uncomfortable in them. After making up his face, Zyvleski moves the puck forward, using the stick to move with it. Zyvleski falls, releasing the stick and losing his balance once it falls. This displays the lack of grip on the pair of gloves Zyvleski first has on. Once the camera zooms in, they appear to be gloves from DICK's sporting goods. Nonetheless, despite failing the first time with the gloves - Zyvleski gets back up, grabs his stick and moves for the puck yet again. This time he's able to keep the puck in possession, but due to the uncomfortable feeling in the gloves, the puck goes wide of the goal. Zyvleski gets fed up and throws the gloves away after taking off them off.

A worker from Bauer is seen moving onto the sideline of the ice, handing Zyvleski a brand new pair of their gloves. Once Zyvleski puts them on, a grin crosses his face - as he plays with the gloves on his hands. You can certainly see an improvement in emotion and motivation once the new pair of gloves are put on, along with a boost in confidence. Zyvleski grabs the stick he dropped earlier, and moves for a puck which was placed in front of him by the worker. Zyvleski cuts through dummies in front of him with ease, handling the puck all the way to the net and putting it into the back of the net precisely. Zyvleski repeats the process, except this time passing the ball off to the dummy on his team. The Bauer gloves improve his performance.

As stated before, not only is the right training necessary - but the proper gears are necessary in order to be a successful hockey player. As displayed, with bogus, uncomfortable gloves without grip, Zyvleski was unable to keep possession of the puck, being unable to neither score the puck nor pass the puck to the dummy on his team, despite being well known for his facilitating and finishing abilities - displayed by his productive offensive performance thus far. With proper gloves, by Bauer - Zyvleski was able to keep possession of the puck, along with score and facilitate the ball.

<div align="center">" When you feel better, you play better. Use Bauer "</div>

541 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Script for Moeller Sticks TV Spot. Featuring Brian Wade and JHS of the SMJHL Vancouver Whalers.

Set Up: Ad begins with wide angle camera shot of Whalers’ locker room. The players are putting on their pads, sharpening their skates, taping their sticks, etc. Camera switches to isolation shot of Brian Wade, in full gear and apparel except for his helmet. He is holding his Moeller Raizer Blade stick upright with one hand near the blade of the stick, and the butt end of the stick on the floor. His legs are jittery and he has a look of nervous anticipation on his face.

Brian Wade(Speaking as Narrator): “People ask me all the time, ‘What’s it really feel like to play in a hockey game?’ ‘What’s the atmosphere like out there with all those lights on you and all those people watching?’ ‘Are you ever nervous before or during a game?’ ‘What’s the mood like when you’re getting ready to hit the ice?’”

Vancouver coach JHS walks into locker room.

JHS: “Now boys, I hope you’re all well aware what your objective is out there.”

Camera cuts back to wide angle shot of Wade with several teammates on either side of him. Wade is still in his hockey gear, but his teammates are now wearing WWII paratrooper uniforms, and the locker room now resembles the main bay of an old military airplane. Loud engine noise is heard and room is shaking like an old plane.

Camera switches back to isolation shot of JHS.

JHS: “When you go out there, you are to take no prisoners! They won’t show any mercy to you, so you will show none to them! We are in enemy territory, so expect to be met with the most hostile of welcomings!”

Camera switches back to close-up of Wade’s nervous face.

Wade(Narrator): “I always tell them it’s like a warzone out there. You have to be sharp, vigilant, and be fully aware of everyone and everything around you. Or else you’ll be knocked into last century. And why would a soldier ever go into battle if he wasn’t a hundred percent sure that his weapon wouldn’t fail him?” Camera pans around locker room at the rest of the Whalers, wearing military style uniforms instead of their hockey gear. “That’s why I only use Moeller. They don’t accept anything less than perfect when they make their sticks, so that I get nothing less than perfect performance out of them when I play. With Moeller, I know that no matter how much abuse, no matter how much wear it takes, it won’t fail me when I need it most. A soldier isn’t much use with a broken weapon, which is why with Moeller, perfect isn’t good enough.”

Camera switches back to close up of JHS.

JHS: “Let’s get on out there boys! Give them everything you’ve got, and then give them some more!”

Camera switches back to Wade. His expression is now determined instead of nervous. He puts on his helmet, and moves into battle with the rest of his teammates. The Moeller logo appears on the screen, and commercial ends.

When he arrived to North America, the very first place St. Louis Scarecrows center iceman Krysztof Kowalski went to eat was McDonald's. He had heard so much about it for years when he was in Poland, but never had the opportunity to eat at the golden arches of McDonald's.

Kowalski will never forget the moment when he took his first bite of a Big Mac. What was once an urban legend for the young Scarecrow became a reality. He sunk his teeth into that Big Mac and his taste buds exploded in a sensation that cannot be explained.

After the life changing Big Mac experience, Kowalski tweeted out about how life changing it was.

"Big Mac=great food. love mcdonald," Kowalski tweeted.

Although his English was not perfect, the McDonald's corporation took notice. The official Twitter account for McDonald's responded to Kowalski's tweet.

"Glad you like our food, maybe we can do an advertisement together sometime!" McDonald's tweeted.

And with that, a relationship was born. McDonald's, a company that has featured big time athletes like Patrick Kane and Lebron James, called Krysztof Kowalski to ask if he wanted to be featured in a commercial.

So he got to work. Kowalski signed up for an acting class in order to nail the part which so many people across the world would see. When he was not on the ice, he was at class for at least two hours a day, working with the best Hollywood had to offer. Even George Clooney and Tom Hanks made the trip to St. Louis in order to help Kowalski in his acting skills.

After improving significantly on both his acting and English abilities, Kowalski felt ready. So he went to the McDonald's commercial taping.

At the set, Kowalski was given a big mac suit and was told to wear it.

"ACTION" yelled the director.

And so Kowalski read his line.

"Big Mac...it good"

"CUT. Beautiful, we've got it. That's a wrap." The director said.

And within five minutes, the commercial was shot and ready to go. Kowalski stood in the darkness of the studio, wondering what just happened. He trained so hard for the commercial, to show that he could be the face of the McDonald's franchise.

The week after shooting the commercial, Kowalski was told that the commercial was going to be aired nationally. So, he got his friends and family together as well as his St. Louis Scarecrows teammates to watch his television debut. The commercials began and Kowalski quieted those in the room. And then Kowalski's part came on.

"Big Mac" Kowalski said while wearing the Big Mac suit. And that was it. Two words were uttered in the commercial by Kowalski. The rest of the commercial consisted of the winning smiles from Lebron James, Patrick Kane, and Alex Morgan. Kowalski sat in silence.

His family and teammates tried to cheer him up but it was to no success.

So Krysztof Kowalski is now one of the poster child's for McDonald's after signing a lifelong contract. Not many hockey players can say they are sponsored by such a big time American corporation, even if Kowalski's part in the commercial is not what he had hoped.

533 words

When Montreal Impact rookie defenseman Sesugh Uhaa was drafted in the last round of the SMJHL Entry Draft, a entire nation stayed up to witness the moment live. That nation was not his birth country of Germany, but his adopted home country of Japan. Japan was where Uhaa spent much of his childhood and had moved there with his family when he was the age of 10.

When he was drafted, an entire country began rejoicing. Montreal Impact jerseys were suddenly being stocked on shelves of sporting goods stores in the country. Uhaa immediately began receiving endorsement offers. Many seemed tempting but only one offer caught his eye. That offer was from Japanese software company DeNA to be the face of their first ever sports video game SHL Superstar Hockey 2016.

"I feel very proud to be the cover athlete for SHL Superstar Hockey 2016. DeNA is a company I hold very close to my heart. I have been playing their mobile games for a long time and have a close relationship with many in that company" - Sesugh Uhaa

Uhaa was recently in Tokyo to do promotional work for the video game. He got dressed in gear so he can pose for the cover shot. Afterwards he went to DeNA head offices for a meet and greet session and an opportunity to play the game with fans.

Many people were dressed in Impact gear young and old. Various young fans telling Uhaa that they want to be hockey players when they grow up. Older fans telling him that he is doing a great service for Japan.

"It feels really weird. One moment you are a fan and nobody knows your name. Now everyone has your jerseys and want your autograph. It is really surreal." - Sesugh Uhaa

The meet and greet then ended with Uhaa playing SHL Superstar Hockey 2016. Uhaa got to spend the next couple hours doing what he loves that is playing video games with some of the young fans in attendance.

"You know it is important to give kids the chance to meet and hangout with their favorite athletes. Who knows if they will ever get this chance again. It'll be something those kids would remember for the rest of their lives" - Sesugh Uhaa

"This game sure is hard haha. I got to win a few games, but the kids seemed to know more about the game than I do and got a couple fast ones on me." - Sesugh Uhaa

Once the games were finished it was time that Uhaa called it a day and rewarded the young fans who participated with a free copy of SHL Superstar Hockey 2016 and ordered food for them.

"Those kids were there since morning. It's the least I can do for them. They deserve it." - Sesugh Uhaa

After the meet and greet, Uhaa then took part in an interview with local Japanese media where they asked many questions about the SMJHL and Montreal Impact.

"I can't wait to dress up for the Montreal Impact this season. Every minute I play will be for my fans in Japan" - Sesugh Uhaa

Disclaimer: This piece was written before the start of the SMJHL season

Code:
537 words