Create Account

Elyk End of Season Presser

After a very promising pre season as well as a promising start to the regular season, Elyk and the Winnipeg Jets' season seemed to go off track and they weren't able to fully recover.

[Image: kyle-turris-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-mon...ators2.jpg]

Interview "How Would you describe this season?"

"Disappointing. It's not only disappointing because we didn't make the playoffs but also how we missed the playoffs. We started off real strong but them something just seemed to go wrong. We really wanted to send Prik off on a high note since he has done so much for this franchise and really carried this team some seasons when we were young and rebuilding. I'd say that's the most disappointing part, that we couldn't get it done for Prik."

[Image: 1331923908997_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x]

Interview "It's been noted that you tend to sign contracts one season before it expires so you never have really hit free agency in your career. With how things ended this season, do you see yourself wanting to re-sign this offseason or do you want to play out your final year?"

"Yeah, I've always typically signed a contract as early as possible because I had always figured there is no point in waiting until it expires if I know I want to stay here and plan on re-signing. As far as this offseason goes and if I plan on playing out the final year of my contract or if I'd like to re-sign, the answer is I'd like to re-sign. Even though we had a disappointing season we still have a great core and a good mix of veterans and young guys. Leafs has made some good moves that have set us up to contend for seasons to come so I don't know why I'd want to leave. Winnipeg is the only SHL team I've ever played for and if it's up to me I don't see that changing."

The floor will now be opened for any other questions

Quote:Originally posted by mesbonk+Feb 15 2016, 08:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (mesbonk @ Feb 15 2016, 08:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Interview What is the thing that you are most proud of this season?
If were talking about personal stats, this season I had a disappointing year personally. I had a great preseason and I started off the season just like I finished the preseason. However my offence stalled for about half the season and that really hurt my production. I still managed to set a career high in goals this year though and for the first time, I lead the team in scoring.

Interview Biggest disappointment for the season?
I'm disappointed that we couldn't even make the playoffs and give Prik a chance at a story book ending to his career.

Interview What is your favorite sandwich and why?
Peanut butter, It's a classic and has been my favourite ever since I was little.

Interview Though for next season?
My thoughts for next season are to keep improving, hopefully we can make the playoffs next year and compete with the rest of the top dogs of the SHL for the Challenge cup, just like we have in seasons past.

Interview Boxers or briefs?

Briefs.

Interview Predictions for the Challenge Cup finals?

Based off the regular season I'd say Edmonton would have to be the favourites to win the cup. Coming out of the East i'll say Hamilton, they are the defending Champions and have some winning pedigree but in the end I think Edmonton will win it.

Interview How much does Slappy McDoodle get on your nerves?
Not at all :D When thinks are tense and stressful during the game hearing his laugh as he skates by the bench gets all the guys to laugh a bit and breaks the tension and stress a bit. He also makes some great podcast too Wink
[/b]

Quote:Originally posted by IncorrectAtlas@Feb 15 2016, 08:40 PM<br />Thoughts on your personal performance?
Despite leading the team in goals and setting a personal best in goals I'm disappointed by my personal performance. Being an offensive goal scoring forward, each season I set a goal of 40 points per season anything less I consider a disappointment. This season I got 39 so next season I will have to be better. A big reason for my disappointing offensive season was because of the astronomically horrid cold stretch that I went through midway through the season.

How did it feel to wear an 'A' for a whole season?
This was my 7th season having the honour of being an alternate captain for the Winnipeg Jets and having the 'A' on my jersey never gets old. It shows a great deal of respect from management and to repay them for that respect I do my best to represent the Jets organization in the best way possible.

Are there talks of throwing Prik a retirement party?
We are definitely having a party for Prik, McJesus is going to be DJing, he has already selected his playlist of his favourite Taylor Swift songs to make Flacko feel right at home. Since we couldn't give Prik the celebration we hoped for on the ice we plan on giving him the best celebration off the ice.

Thoughts on the future of the Jets?
The future of the Jets look bright, we've got a good mix of young guys and veteran that can help show the sound guys the way. One of the biggest keys will be retaining Flacko and Durden so that we can keep our line of the future together that consists of Flemming, Flacko, and Durden. I expect us to be contending for many seasons to come.

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Feb 16 2016, 01:23 AM<br />Does Big Manius smell as bad in the locker room as he does on the ice?
Manious doesn't smell bad at all in the locker room, that could be because he sits on the other side of the locker room but I have yet to catch a whiff of him in the locker room.

With the retirement of both Prikulis and McDavid this season, what kind of moves will Winnipeg have to make to stay competitive?
With the retirement of both Prikulis and McDavid this season, Winnipeg will just have to keep growing. We already seem to have our goalie situation taken care of with our young goalie of the future. For McDavid we also have some young guys that will be able to step up and fill his role. With that being said you can't take two of the greatest players in SHL history out of your lineup and not expect to feel the effects of it a bit. Overall though, I think that the Jets have players in their organization that will be able to fill those spots.

No jelly on that peanut butter sandwich?
I've had jam on my peanut butter sandwiches before but I'm not as big of a fan of it. I like jam on toast but I'm prefer just peanut butter sandwiches over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

What kind of music gets you pumped up? What about when you're just chilling and want something to relax?
I like pretty much all genres of music but my favourite genre is country. Some country rock songs can get me pumped up but I'd say it's probably rock/country rock songs that pump me up. When I'm just chilling and want something to relax I'd choose to listen to some Country music.

Cheers

<!--QuoteBegin-Nereus@Feb 16 2016, 02:19 AM
What were your honest emotions after the way the Winnipeg Jets season ended?
My honest emotions were, as I said earlier, disappointment because this was Prik and McJesus' last shot at a cup. Both those guys have been so great for the locker room and franchise so it's disappointing we couldn't send them off on a high note.

Why is it that everyone thinks my name is spelled Flemming and not Fleming?
I think it could be because your nick name is Flemmy so since your nickname has two 'M's in it, people probably figure you last name has two 'M's as well. (Your nickname is Flemmy right? Not Flemy?) :lol:

Do you have any plans now that you have some free time on your hands?
I plan on continuing to get better and progress my player. I'd like to be be around 1100-1150 TPE by the start of next season.

Favorite cheat meal?
I'd have to say my favourite cheat meal would be have to be a nice pizza or a nice cheeseburger with a side of fries.
[/quote]

Interview What is the thing that you are most proud of this season?

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Thoughts on your personal performance?

Quote:Originally posted by mesbonk@Feb 15 2016, 08:34 PM
Interview What is the thing that you are most proud of this season?
If were talking about personal stats, this season I had a disappointing year personally. I had a great preseason and I started off the season just like I finished the preseason. However my offence stalled for about half the season and that really hurt my production. I still managed to set a career high in goals this year though and for the first time, I lead the team in scoring.

I'm disappointed that we couldn't even make the playoffs and give Prik a chance at a story book ending to his career.

Peanut butter, It's a classic and has been my favourite ever since I was little.

My thoughts for next season are to keep improving, hopefully we can make the playoffs next year and compete with the rest of the top dogs of the SHL for the Challenge cup, just like we have in seasons past.

Briefs.

Based off the regular season I'd say Edmonton would have to be the favourites to win the cup. Coming out of the East i'll say Hamilton, they are the defending Champions and have some winning pedigree but in the end I think Edmonton will win it.

Not at all :D When thinks are tense and stressful during the game hearing his laugh as he skates by the bench gets all the guys to laugh a bit and breaks the tension and stress a bit. He also makes some great podcast too Wink

Quote:Originally posted by IncorrectAtlas@Feb 15 2016, 08:40 PM
Thoughts on your personal performance?
Despite leading the team in goals and setting a personal best in goals I'm disappointed by my personal performance. Being an offensive goal scoring forward, each season I set a goal of 40 points per season anything less I consider a disappointment. This season I got 39 so next season I will have to be better. A big reason for my disappointing offensive season was because of the astronomically horrid cold stretch that I went through midway through the season.

This was my 7th season having the honour of being an alternate captain for the Winnipeg Jets and having the 'A' on my jersey never gets old. It shows a great deal of respect from management and to repay them for that respect I do my best to represent the Jets organization in the best way possible.

We are definitely having a party for Prik, McJesus is going to be DJing, he has already selected his playlist of his favourite Taylor Swift songs to make Flacko feel right at home. Since we couldn't give Prik the celebration we hoped for on the ice we plan on giving him the best celebration off the ice.

The future of the Jets look bright, we've got a good mix of young guys and veteran that can help show the sound guys the way. One of the biggest keys will be retaining Flacko and Durden so that we can keep our line of the future together that consists of Flemming, Flacko, and Durden. I expect us to be contending for many seasons to come.

Does Big Manius smell as bad in the locker room as he does on the ice?

With the retirement of both Prikulis and McDavid this season, what kind of moves will Winnipeg have to make to stay competitive?

What kind of music gets you pumped up? What about when you're just chilling and want something to relax?

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Favorite cheat meal?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Feb 16 2016, 01:23 AM
Does Big Manius smell as bad in the locker room as he does on the ice?
Manious doesn't smell bad at all in the locker room, that could be because he sits on the other side of the locker room but I have yet to catch a whiff of him in the locker room.

With the retirement of both Prikulis and McDavid this season, Winnipeg will just have to keep growing. We already seem to have our goalie situation taken care of with our young goalie of the future. For McDavid we also have some young guys that will be able to step up and fill his role. With that being said you can't take two of the greatest players in SHL history out of your lineup and not expect to feel the effects of it a bit. Overall though, I think that the Jets have players in their organization that will be able to fill those spots.

I've had jam on my peanut butter sandwiches before but I'm not as big of a fan of it. I like jam on toast but I'm prefer just peanut butter sandwiches over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I like pretty much all genres of music but my favourite genre is country. Some country rock songs can get me pumped up but I'd say it's probably rock/country rock songs that pump me up. When I'm just chilling and want something to relax I'd choose to listen to some Country music.

Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Feb 16 2016, 02:19 AM
My honest emotions were, as I said earlier, disappointment because this was Prik and McJesus' last shot at a cup. Both those guys have been so great for the locker room and franchise so it's disappointing we couldn't send them off on a high note.

I think it could be because your nick name is Flemmy so since your nickname has two 'M's in it, people probably figure you last name has two 'M's as well. (Your nickname is Flemmy right? Not Flemy?) :lol:

I plan on continuing to get better and progress my player. I'd like to be be around 1100-1150 TPE by the start of next season.

Favorite cheat meal?
I'd have to say my favourite cheat meal would be have to be a nice pizza or a nice cheeseburger with a side of fries.