Create Account

Sam Slade Talks NWJHL Draft Re-create of Dravius Thayden

[Image: carter.jpg]

Samuel Slade Talks NWJHL Draft

We sat down and had a conversation with Samuel Slade, one of the more highly touted NWJHL prospects in the S7 Draft, we talked about were he thinks he will go in the draft and were others might go and his intentions for the S7 NWJHL season.

Question: Having proven yourself and many NWJHL GM's knowing who you are, do you think that helps your draft stock?

Sam Slade: I would like to think so, i mean they know that I am an active player, i have proven last year i was one of the top producing players in my position, so i would like to think that helps. I think for top picks it is better to know what you are getting then taking a chance on someone you have no idea about.

Question: With that being the case, where do you think you will go in the draft?

Sam Slade: There are a couple other players that have excellent track records also available in this draft so i think it will be a solid 1st round group, so i would say i would fit in that group. I know there is atleast two teams looking at me and potentially more prior to the draft.

Question: Is there any NWJHL team you don't want to go to?

Sam Slade: Not at all, i would be happy to go to any team. I hope i can bring the leadership ability i did last year to any team and help create a good, upbeat locker room with alot of intensity.

Question: Would you like to be the captain of the NWJHL team that drafts you?

Sam Slade: Of course I would, expecially if i get picked in the 1st round, however I understand if that doesn't work out. I was an assistant captain last year, i would be more then happy to help the team anyway i can, both on and off the ice, regardless if i have the C or an A.

Question: What intangibles do you think you bring to a prospective NWJHL team?

Sam Slade: You know what you get, atleast a few teams do. You get someone actively trying to improve, that's a positive influence in the locker room and promotes the team by articles and other stuff I do. I also have some cash saved up from last year, so that helps my following year SHL stock and I know the NWJHL teams are affliliated with SHL team, so I am not sure that has any bearing on the NWJHL draft, but it would be a good way for these teams to get to see be better before the SHL draft.

Question: What puts you apart from some of the other highly touted NWJHL prospects?

Sam Slade: I could be wrong here, but since they (the other highly touted 1st rounders) know many SHL players, they could be more afflitiated to certain teams, where this is a clean slate for me and I have no SHL affliliations, so how that trickles down into the NWJHL might be interesting come draft time. It could hurt me or help me, i guess we'll see come draft time.

There you have it folks, Samuel Slade, the prospective 1st round pick in the upcoming S7 NWJHL draft.

I think Sam is going to celebrate the New Years with his buddies, but he wanted to wish everyone a great holiday season!

Cheers!

[Image: one.jpg]