Create Account

Hippo Passamus: Off season and draft talk
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 06:57 PM by Mayuu.)

(ready for grading 1263 words)

It's the day after the loss against Anchorage, there's still a lingering feeling of disappointment in the Falcons training facilities.
We sit down with Hippo Passamus who's just done with today's work out.

[Image: 7f9d4164-c389-47f3-8a2c-a95713801bd9.jpg?preset=h432]
Hippo Passamus

TSN: That was a pretty rough series for the Falcons, do you have any thing to say about the series?

Hippo: Yeah, we could not catch a break, they read our play really good and managed to exploit our weaknesses. We started the series badly and never seemed to recover. I feel especially bad for Ceddy who had a great season but did not get the assist he needed in the playoffs.

TSN: Cedric is a better goalie then his playoff statistics show for sure, do you think the play off will affect your draft positions?

Hippo: I have not really though about it, it's been all playoff and make sure the team pull towards the same direction, unfortunately it wasn't enough this year.

TSN: You still have a at least one year left in the juniors, what's your goal in the juniors?

Hippo: It's got to be the cup, it's what everyone wants right? I've grown to love the Falcons a lot and would do anything to bring a cup back here, the town is great and the crowds are amazing.

TSN: We wish you all the luck in the future! Speaking of future, whats your thoughts about the upcoming draft?

Hippo: Well, the depth of this years draft is pretty nuts, I can imagine it must be hard to be an SHL GM with this many options, I mean there's probably 30 players who could easily be a good top 5 pick. It's actually crazy.

TSN: Indeed, this draft class is probably one of the deepest we've ever seen.  Mind sharing your thoughts about the different teams in the SHL?

Hippo: Sure, I'll start with the ones I'd really like playing for.

Tier 1: Teams I'd really like to play for

[Image: Buffalo.png]
#1 Buffalo Stampede

Buffalo has it all, my favorite player from my youth to Falcons alumni.
The thought of playing with Viktor Vorkämpfer who's been someone I've looked up to for so long is pretty surreal.
Buffalo is also in a  interesting position where they are just fitting everything together to become a real contender, I'd love to be part of that journey.
My only concern is that with many talented wingers on the rooster I'm not sure where I'd fit, still this is my dream team.

[Image: Hamilton.png]
#2 Hamilton Steelhawks

Hamilton is an interesting place and not a team I considered a top tier location before I played for the Falcons.
The Falcons team has told me nothing but good things about Hamilton organization, which is why I rank it so high.
Mid season we even got to meet some of the big stars of the team and they were all very humble and patient, even with guys like me who can screech like a teenage girl seeing Justin Beiber for the first time.
Hamilton is also in a good spot and could potentially get a cup as we speak.

[Image: Manhattan.png]
#3 Manhattan Rage

Manhattan is a huge pull just because of the location, just imagine playing in front of  that home crowd, magic!
They also have one of the most compassionate GM's in the entire league, taking time to talk to us rookies like we've been a part of the SHL since it's beginning. 
On the Rage the situation is a bit different, they are currently rebuilding which could mean that I get to be a cornerstone of that rebuild. That's something everyone dreams of!
I'd be honored to play for the Rage!

[Image: Toronto.png]
#4 Toronto Stars

Toronto is THE hockey town, it's actually a bit scary to think about the pressure that would be put on oneself if I was to get drafted by Tornto.
Even so they got some great players on the team which is great when you wanna learn like I do, so it would be cool to play along side these legendary players.
I'm not sure what direction Tornto is going at the moment, we will just have to wait and see I'm afraid.

[Image: Winnipeg.png]
#5 Winnipeg Jets

Winnipeg was previously at spot #4 but has dropped one spot for a simple reason, they are switching GM's which makes the future a very unpredictable one.
Even so, the team very interesting with lots of good players, which again makes for a great environment to learn.
The fact that there's Falcon alumni on the team is just icing on the cake.

Tier 2: Not my first choice but I'd be OK
these teams are not ranked in any particular order

[Image: Minnesota.png]
Minnesota Chiefs 

Minnesota will always be a place where I could play, it got so much resemblance to my favorite Swedish team that I'd be a fool if I said I didn't wanna pull on the Chiefs shirt.
They also have some Falcons alumni which would make the transition a bit easier for me.

[Image: WestKendall.png]
West Kendall Plantoon

West Kendall is an interesting organization, it's a very well developed organization and if I'd manage to take spot in the rooster I could find myself contending for the cup in my rookie season.
There's some really good players to learn from and I imagine the locker room must be in good spirits after last seasons cup win.

[Image: LosAngeles.png]
Los Angeles Panthers

Los Angeles Panthers sports the uncontested best franchise logo in the game and that in itself makes it a cool place to be.
With a good mix of veterans and up and coming players, I think it would be a good environment to flourish.

[Image: Texas.png]
Texas Renegades

I already met some of the members in the Renegades while attending a party, words were exchanged that would not have been said if it wasn't for the consumption of  beverages with the alcoholic content.
"I am someone you want on your team and this is not the way to do that" could be heard roaring through the house from a renegade player. I had said some bad things in the heat of the moment and and upset my seniors.
Things got cleared it out the day after when we came to our senses and I feel like we gained some level of respect for each other.
Although I think it would take some time to adjust to Texas, it's something I could see myself doing.

Tier 3: Teams I hope don't select me
these teams are not ranked in any particular order

[Image: NewEngland.png]
New England Wolfpack

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]
Calgary Dragons

[Image: Edmonton.png]
Edmonton Blizzard

[Image: SanFrancisco.png]
San Francisco Pride

[Image: Seattle.png]
Seattle Riot

These teams are not on this list because of dislike or lack of respect, quite the contrary. I respect them deeply, they are all strong teams in their own ways.
What put these team on the Tier 3 list is because I have yet to form a connection to any of the teams. I did not watch their games as a kid for example.
this could all change depending on circumstances, but the fact remains that there's 9 other teams I've ranked higher for different reasons.

TSM: You've really thought this whole thing through even though you don't have any control over who selects you?

Hippo: Yes, these are my hopes, but that also all they are. If a team that I have ranked low picks me I'd be happy of course, the future is untold and who knows what lies in store.

TSM: That's all from us Hippo, have a great off season

Hippe: Thank you very much, talk to you again soon.

RETIRED

You know what? I like the cut of your jib

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hammy #2 thats my boy

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page