Create Account

Hall of Fame x2 Media

Hall of Famers come in all shape and sizes. Whether it is a goal scorer or a penalty killing defense man. Perhaps even a goalie that can shut down scorers and frustrate teams on offense. There are many different ways a player can get into he hall of fame, and that is what I want to discuss. 

Many measurements can be given for a player's success. This includes (but is not limited to):
  • Individual Awards (League MVP, All-Star Selections, Playoff MVP, etc.)
  • Team Awards (Challenge Cups, Four Star Cups, and Gold Medals)
  • How Long a player is in the league (15 or more seasons)
  • Points scored in their career (Point per game player or close to this mark)

Often who gets in to the Hall of Fame is a combination of these factors. Each and every person has an opinion on which oft these factors carry the most weight in determining who is deserving of entrance into the Hall.

In My opinion what should determine a Skater's entrance is:
  • 15 seasons having played 80% of those seasons's games
  • Score in 80% of those games
  • Have one major individual award
  • play in at least two all star games
  • No team award is necessary, however it defiantly helps their case (especially if they earn multiple) 

For a Goalie what should determine their entrance is:
  • 12 seasons or more
  • play at least half of those games in that span
  • have a win percentage of more then .500
  • 200 wins minimum (unless they have other number that blow you away)
  • .910 or higher career percentage
  • less then a 3.00 GAA
  • Be the best goaltender at least one season or be in the running for goaltender of the year a few seasons.

In your opinion(s), what should determine who gets in for the Hall of Fame? What should hold the most weight? Let me Know down below