Create Account

S59 mPT #4 Cup Favorite

The Hamilton Steelhawks will probably win another challenge cup this season because while the playoffs might be a different animal, Hamilton has been that animal all along. Kind of scary huh?

[Image: Jepox.gif]

I think Sloth kinda framed this whole situation perfectly as parity is definitely dead with FHM, so I fully expect Hamilton to repeat and win again. What another exciting conclusion to the regular season and playoffs in the SHL.

WC: 39

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

When talking about Challenge Cup favourites for this season I definitely think it is hard to talk about it without coming up with at least one of the following four teams: the Hamilton Steelhawks, the Buffalo Stampede, the Texas Renegades, and the Chicago Syndicate. I know everyone is already dreading another Hamilton Steelhawks cup win (besides those on the team of course), but it is hard to have them out of the cup favourite talk with their 56-9-1 record with their goal differential of +163. That is the best goal differential in the league by over 30 goals. They also have 6 more wins than the 2nd place Buffalo Stampede. 

With that though, my cup favourite is the Buffalo Stampede with their 50-13-3 record and goal differential at +133. Their record and goal differential is second to the Hamilton Steelhawks, but looking at their team PDO compared to the Steelhawks, one can argue they have gotten worse "puck luck" in comparison. Plus, their team is lethal and should be higher ranked in TPE in comparison to the Hamilton Steelhawks which is why they are my Cup favourite for this season.

As unfortunate as it may be to some people in the league, it does seem like another Challenge Cup in the Great Lakes Division as the only competitor outside of that division is the Texas Renegades. The Renegades are right behind the Buffalo Stampede in terms of their performance this season, but they were much better defensively, allowing the fewest goals as a team this season. If defense wins championships, maybe this will be the season. However, I really don't see the Cup leaving the Great Lakes.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

I believe that the New England Wolf Pack organization are going to win the Challenge Cup this season. They are without a doubt the best team to do so.
Watch and you'll see that I'm right.

During the 17th rotation of Tau Ceti E around Tau Ceti, the Tau Cetians managed to fend off the Farfaroutians in an epic war that raged on for several millenia. It was the final stand for the Tae Cetians and the turning point in what was a masterful display of tactics and strategy that is studied in Sardangian primary school.

In much the same way, this will be the year of the Pride, when the San Francisco team will stun the galaxy and win it all. Prepare yourselves.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

There's two answers to cup favorite, the right answer and the answer I want to be right. The right answer, of course, being everybody's total favorite, the Hamilton Steelhawks... again... for only the twentieth season in a row. The answer I want to be right is a team a bunch of my buddies are on, the Tampa Bay Barracuda, as sadly unlikely it is to happen. Also, can we talk about how Toronto is 5th in the league and missed the playoffs? It's ridiculous. Drain the lakes pls.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 11:32 PM by dogwoodmaple.)

Let's be absolutely clear - only one team can take the cup this year.  While many of the teams might try and grasp it, they're either crippled by having wings for arms, not having opposable thumbs, or not even able to breathe outside of the water.  The Texas Renegades are the only humanoid mascot and thus the only team even capable of taking the cup.  Steelhawks?  Claws aren't good for holding cups.  Syndicate?  That's a singular organization and not one that could even take anything itself.  Barracuda?  Good luck climbing out of the water.  North Stars?  By the time the North Star even got to earth the cup would already be decided.  With a high IQ, a long reach, and hands, Texas will reign supreme if for no other reason than the rest of the league will literally be physical unable to do so.  I guess it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Obviously, the Carolina Kraken will win the cup. They have future GOAT Aleks Blixtstrom on the team. He will score 3 goals every playoff game and carry them to the cup and to a cup win. They have other good players too, but Aleks Blixtstrom is the GOAT.

Code:
48 words

I think the favorite to win the cup is BAP because I think they are everyones favorite team so therefore they are the favorite to win the cup

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I think the cup favorite has got to be the Seattle Argonauts. With Gabe Johnson on the ice, nobody can stop them. His toxic attitude and behavior is very effective on ice, similar to Tom Wilson in the NHL, but slightly worse in skill level.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl