Create Account

Brooklyn looking to land Islanders

NY Islanders to Brooklyn?

Just read this about Brooklyn wanting to land the Islanders in 2015. They just got the New Jersey Nets in the NBA and have a brand new arena built for them. It would only hold 14, 500 people.

What do you guys think? What are the chances this happens?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
5-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 7] [SB 33]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

LMAO is Jay Z going to make a terrible new logo for them too....

Being an Islanders fan, I want to let everyone know that their days in NASSAU are numbered. However, they will not leave New York. There are too many options available, and I dot think Bettman will let them leave NY.

I feel sorry for Islanders fans. With the history the Islanders have, they should not be in this position. Instead of being a respected franchise in the NHL, they're considered a laughing stock.

Mr. Wang, and the city of New York better do something about this. It's a joke.

Move them to Quebec!!!

Canadiens vs. Nordiques!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Aug 3 2012, 01:37 PM
LMAO is Jay Z going to make a terrible new logo for them too....

:lol: The Brooklyn Nets logo isn't that bad, at least compared to the NJ Nets logo.

Quote:Originally posted by Backlund@Aug 3 2012, 03:29 PM

:lol: The Brooklyn Nets logo isn't that bad, at least compared to the NJ Nets logo.

NJ Nets logo > Brooklyn Nets logo IMO

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Aug 3 2012, 04:28 PM
Move them to Quebec!!!

Canadiens vs. Nordiques!!!!!!!!!!!
lolno

Too small of a crowd to move them to the Barclays, if they can't get a new arena built I wouldn't be surprised to see them moved. But really it depends on if they city they move to is willing to work "behind the scenes" with the NHL. Similar to Winnipeg.

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@Aug 3 2012, 03:33 PM

lolno
I understand why you dont want them to move but Nordiques fans outnumber Islanders fans 2 to 1 at their games :ph34r:

Phoenix is 50/50 for moving too tho

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Aug 3 2012, 03:39 PM

I understand why you dont want them to move but Nordiques fans outnumber Islanders fans 2 to 1 at their games  :ph34r:

Phoenix is 50/50 for moving too tho

Maybe more than that now: linky

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Aug 3 2012, 03:31 PM

NJ Nets logo > Brooklyn Nets logo IMO
I agree with this. The new Nets logo is just awful, but I would not be surprised for the Islanders to be moved, but to Brooklyn, I doubt it. I know Hamilton has wanted a team for a while as well as other cities, I doubt that Brooklyn gets a leg up on any of those cities.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

All i know is that there is an Islanders/Devils preseason game scheduled at the Barclays Center, Islanders are the home team, so maybe this is something that in a few years could happen.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]