Create Account

S72 All Star Week

1. Milestones

+1 TPE

2d. Grab Bag

Hai Nam Hoang believes that he is now at a level where he can compete at an All-Star level, even though he is playing primarily on the 2nd line in Minnesota. With how stacked in front of him the position of left wing and center are, it should serve Hoang's fame to know that he is able to contribute effectively on both sides of the ice.

3. Pumping Tires

Hai Nam Hoang speaks highly always of his teammates, especially that of Meta Knight, the Monarchs' lone All-Star. In many ways, the two play a similar role. Knight and Hoang are both centers, offensively minded but defensively reliable. With fabulous offensive and defensive abilities, they are competent and tenacious on both sides of the ice. On the offense, they are both critically deadly, both with their shot, and their ability to read the play, and change the game with a critical, dangerous pass to a teammate in the right position to shoot. The difference is Meta Knight's experience, as they have many more SHL games under their belt, and as such, Knight is the deadlier opponent for the time being. Regardless, it will be Hoang's great pleasure to watch his teammate play their heart out in the All-Star Game.

4. Line Changes

Hai Nam Hoang would likely say that the best linemate that he can observe for Meta Knight would likely be David-Arturri Donskoi, the Renegades winger and All-Star. Much like Knight's teammate, Alexi Piastri, Donskoi is a big, rough scoring threat who complements Knight's playstyle, able to handle a pass and can help him drive through the neutral zone. Besides him, there aren't too many good left wing options, so it's tough to put together a full line, but really, the goal of the All-Star game is excitement and fan enjoyement, and if Donskoi and Knight are on the ice together, it wouldn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things, all that matters is whether they both put on an incredible show for the fans, and that they show that they are two of the best players in the league currently.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

1. Milestones
+3
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 12:06 AM by LampLighter.)

1. Milestones +3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3417082

2a. In the All-Star game, I believe that the east will score the most goals due to having both Ivan Lacksamus and Konstantin Selich. I say that the east will score due to both of these players leading the SHL regular season in goals two players know how to put in the puck, and with both of them on the same team, there is no doubt that the east will have the most goals in the All-Star game. +1 TPE

2b. I would take the east defenseman because I believe that the east has a better all around defensive group than the west being able to produce on offense and be defensive in the defensive zone. The east defense has a good two way game which I feel is the most important thing of a defenseman is that they are able to both have offensive and defensive IQs to help the team succeed. +1 TPE

3. The teammate that made the All-Star game that I want to talk about the most is someone who was our team leader and also led the SHL in assists and points, and was second in goals scored. That person is Ivan Lacksamus. Overall, Ivan is a phenomenal player and he proves that every day on the ice during the season all while helping the New England Wolfpack to the number one spot in the league. For the New England Wolfpack, Ivan was the leader in points by 33. It just shows how good of a player he was during the season and what he is able to contribute for New England. Ivan is not just great on the ice but he is also a great teammate off the ice while being very supportive to other teammates and doing whatever the team needs of him. He is a player that you know as a team and you can always go to both on the ice and off the ice and he will be able to help us that he can no matter what. +3 TPE

Milestone TPE

+ 3

a. I think the West will most likely score more goals given the depth they have featured on their team. I also believe that the Western Conference features more offensive minded defencemen and this would help them get their respective offenses rolling. It certainly also helps that multiple of my teammates who are used to carrying Eggward offensively play on the Western Conference team.

d. Every team needs a gritty third liner to do their hard work and get into the dirty areas. For the Edmonton Blizzard, that player is none other than Eggward Elric. The young winger who is slowly entering his prime might not be an exceptional player offensively but he always manages to put up a strong 2 way game and is also incredibly clutch, as evidenced by his playoff run when the Wolfpack won the cup.

+ 2

As an Edmonton Blizzard player, Eggward Elric definitely knows which players he would want on the same line in this instance. There are 3 very obvious players that he would like to see play together in the game and they would be none other than the Blizzard's top line formed by none other than the team's star player and center, Evan Winter, and his two sidekicks formed by Left Winter Luke Laraque who had almost missed the All Star Game but made it on the last man voting, and also his two way beast of a winger, Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev. The three had combined for a ridiculous 325 points in the past season and have been a force to be reckoned with for multiple seasons now. Evan Winter had certainly made a ton of noise following him leaving his former team, the Calgary Dragons. He had immediately seen his production still go up following an incredible performance last season.

+ 3

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+3 TPE - S72 MIlestone Claims

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Pumping Tires (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Sean Davies wants to take this time to hype up his partner in crime on defense this past season: the great Seamus O'Slapahan. Seamus led the league in points to the tune of 61(!) assists, 15 more than 2nd place Jay O'Neil. On top of that, he was 6th in the league with 214 shots blocked and racked up 71 takeaways. Seamus is an elite talent on both end of the ice, especially considering he did that with a bum in Sean Davies on his line.  In all seriousness, O'Slapahan has really helped Davies grow, using his offensive talents to put Davies in the best position to succeed given his offensive limitations, and helping pick up the slack defensively when Davies gets beat defensively. His strengths not just as a top talent in the league but as the leader of the Wolfpack defense more than warrant his selection to the all star game. Expect him to nab an assist or two out there during the big game.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Line Changes (150 words min.)

Which player(s) should your teammate in the all star game be on a line or pairing with? Why? Is it because the all-stars you chose are similar to the ones they play with on your team, or different? What combination will really unlock your teammate's game? (If you are the only player on your team who made the all star list so far, write this task about your team's candidate for last man in!)

This may be a stretch, but I think my boy Seamus O'Slapahan would play pretty well with that Borje Samuelsson fellow. I'm not sure why, I just have a good feeling about it. Samuelsson was tied for the 2nd most goals by a defenseman in the SHL, just 1 goal behind first, and finished in third for most defenseman points. Pair him with an assist god like Seamus and you can expect him to get some pretty good shots on net. This pairing would also help cover up some of Samuelsson's more average defensive skills by pairing him with an elite defender in O'Slapahan. Together, this combo would make an elite offensive threat, and be more than capable of holding their own defensively. Even better than that, their both Wolfpack players! Not only can they dominate the competition together, they can keep that pack mentality alive with their pairing. New England represent baby!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 12:35 AM by micool132. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE affiliate
+3 TPE

Milestones:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3419118

+3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Stump for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference! Their game is special and the event will be worse if they don't get in - tell us how and why!

The last duck in should of course @Z-Whiz. Puddles O'duck is one of the greatest defense player of our time, he is a great teamate too and sometimes he is funny. I think he should be the last man in to honor the past domination of atlanta defense at the all-star games, but also because despite becoming very oldge, he doesn't slow down much. He quacks and he's quick, quick quack. His slapshot bomb special move is still very strong too, I heard one time he broke a glass with his shot!  Puddles didn't get in because the votes are idiots. It is sadge, I bet if more people like me voted he would be in! Finally, I also think Angus mcfife should be in with his teamate duck. They pair very well together and they give a show to the audience, more than any other players! They even fight among(us) each other, for the fight loving crowd.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 12:46 AM by chetib. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones Claim 1TPE

2. 1 TPE. b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?

West is gonna slay this one. line up is straight up just a goal tending murder unit. Winnipeg's Defensive line up is just too good no matter how you slap the other team together. Not to say the East doesn't have a good line up but it is hard to look at the 2 and think the West isn't going to be the better lineup.

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Alright let's face it whichever Barracuda players have been selected for the all star game are going to absolutely kill it. Skills? Unmatched! Power? Like a god damn stallion! Speed? You talking about my friend Flash over here?

Hold on? You're telling me there is no members of Tampa Bay present at the All star game? That's absolutely preposterous! Mark my words that it will not be long when all those Philadelphia and Atlanta players are getting replaced by Cudas. In fact I am going to go on the record right now and predict within 5 seasons it will be a Water dog white out.

I will accept this snub for this season but I fully expect that once we hit our stride and our young players start to really crush it that it will be raining praise and awards down for my brother's in arms. Hold Strong Barracudas our time is coming soon!

On a completely unrelated note Congrats to my teammate Bruins10 for making the AS Game!

8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

If my last tirade wasn't enough let me continue to go out about how the Cuda have been left in the wind! We are a proud, proud team and to be shunned like such an institution like that of the All Star committee is, simply put, deplorable. I demand equal representation and I am most definitely not seeing it. Like imagine there being twice as many Toronto players as there are Tampa Bay Barracuda players! What sort of world is this?! In fact I am putting forward and official request to have the All Start game changed to a write in ballot so we can determine who the true All stars of the league are. Unless of course this swings the wrong way on me in which case I would think it might be best if every team volunteered their best and brightest and we all just called it a day.

8/8TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

+3 TPE - Sendown Milestones

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Off season pass

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 02:07 AM by damienj10. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3419131 Milestones 1 tpe

Brick wall our goalie of course he made it he is a beast. Dudes a wall in net and he will rock the arena in the all star game. He is like an unstoppable force out in the ice. Can you score? Probably not because brick wall is literally a brick wall in net. At the end of the day there’s not much you can do about it he’s got the glove and the blocker speed of sound and he can butterfly V transition upside down if he wanted to. Flying poke checks you name it he’s got it. Even the Roberto loud go sliding seal slide from post to post. At the end of the day he’s not going to let you down ever because again he is literally a brick wall. He is my team mate and also the best goalie in the league so at the end of the day it’s an instant win for his all star team. Let’s go patriots and let’s go brick wall!

+3 tpe

Code:
MILESTONES (3 TPE)

Link to Milestone Claim

Code:

Where do I even start talking about Evil Allbran? He is the Philadelphia Forge GOAT and his results over basically every recent season speaks for itself. He is consistently putting the team on his back when it counts and is a leader on and off the ice. Hailing from Australia which is by no means a big hockey nation too, its all the more impressive how large his profile has already gotten at around the halfway point of his SHL career. Being a consistently elite scorer who performs when it counts, he is on pace to be a Hall of Fame inductee, and it will be nearly impossible for anyone in future Forge history to match his totals when the unfortunate time will come for him to hang up the skates. He is also especially good in All Star Game formats, because he works with whatever teammates are given to him, and can always adapt his game as such to dominate regardless. (162 words)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?
I think the West will be the bigger goal threat in the game overall, because they have more star players who can make things happen themselves, and in All Star Games that individual star power is one of the biggest aspects for winning a game. Players like Soderberg-Tremblay and Winter will give that edge when the time comes for pure goal scoring ability. (63 words)

Code:
b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?
For the reasons mentioned in the prompt, you have to go with the West's defensive setup. If they are playing on the same line, O'Neil and Kinsinger will be by far the best duo playing in the game. Given that goals and scoring are the most important parts of All Star Games, you want a duo who will not only know better than anyone how to do that, but a duo that has played together for a long time now. (80 words)

TOTAL TPE: 8

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]