Create Account

Just started writing for a Bruins Blog

Check out my first piece if you don't mind. Comments/Critique appreciated.

http://www.bruinslife.com/2014/07/normal-0...-us-x-none.html

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Nice write up! I have no idea who moves. McQuaid seems redundant with the younger and more cost effective Millar. Same with Warsofsky (Krug). Bartkowski could also be the odd man out.

Quote:Originally posted by lookmafireworks@Jul 10 2014, 08:14 AM
Nice write up! I have no idea who moves. McQuaid seems redundant with the younger and more cost effective Millar. Same with Warsofsky (Krug). Bartkowski could also be the odd man out.
I don't see McQuaid going because his trade value is slim to none due to the injury bugs.

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Jul 10 2014, 08:43 AM

I don't see McQuaid going because his trade value is slim to none due to the injury bugs.

Had it not been for offseason injury, McQuaid would have been my pick for the first compliance buyout. Chia seems high on him though and I doubt we will see him anywhere but Boston for the time being.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Jul 10 2014, 10:51 AM

Had it not been for offseason injury, McQuaid would have been my pick for the first compliance buyout. Chia seems high on him though and I doubt we will see him anywhere but Boston for the time being.

Personally I think I'd rather lose McQuaid than Boychuk. Either him or Bartkowski would be my first picks to go -- Miller is a younger McQuaid, imo, so we can afford to trade in for the new model.

Bart....sometimes -- sometimes, mind you -- it just doesn't seem like Bart is the best fit for the Bruins' system. I wish I could try to explain why, it's just....he doesn't always seem quite right. Good player, but being a good player doesn't mean much if your skills and the system you're in don't fit well (i.e. Iginla in Pittsburgh). We already have several D-men who can shoot -- Big Z, Boychuk, Krug -- so Bartkowski is a little redundant there.

Bartkowski was the reason Montreal scored so early in the 1st in Boston. Sloppy defensive player. Great on the rush, useless in his own zone.

Quote:Originally posted by Ace@Jul 10 2014, 12:01 PM
Bartkowski was the reason Montreal scored so early in the 1st in Boston. Sloppy defensive player. Great on the rush, useless in his own zone.

To say he's an offensive defenseman is a bit of an understatement. I'm honestly surprised sometimes that he's not simply considered a forward.

Quote:Originally posted by MastaSchmitty@Jul 10 2014, 12:03 PM

To say he's an offensive defenseman is a bit of an understatement. I'm honestly surprised sometimes that he's not simply considered a forward.
Offensive defenseman with 0 goals in the entire season and playoffs....

Why couldn't we just have kept Iggy and got rid of Caron? Crybaby

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by thego0n@Jul 10 2014, 01:17 PM
Why couldn't we just have kept Iggy and got rid of Caron?  Crybaby
Because Iginla was looking for a payday and Caron doesn't make enough money to open cap space for Iginla.

The term for Iginla didn't make sense and our cap hands were tied. McQuaid can easily be replaced by Miller IMO and I'd rather see Warsofsky or Trotman at that 7th D spot than Bart

Honestly, I'd just like to see Krug and Smitty's contract numbers.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig