Create Account

Waivers implemented

We will be implementing a Waiver Order for free agents effective immediately. The reasoning behind this is it helps those GM's who may not be online in time to sign a free agent, or free agents sign immediately not giving other GM's a chance to plead their case. It will also theoretically cut down any multis being made in an effort to sign with a specific team in order to stack a team.

Waivers will work like this. There will be a new section of the NWJHL head office added here once I make this I'll add it. Once a new recruit is approved, a thread will be made in the new section. It will be entitled the new players name "Jon Maxfield" for instance. Once the thread is opened it will say "Jon Maxfield is now open to waivers. Seattle has the first bid". If you would like to put in a claim for that free agent then you simply post "Claim" followed by your teams name in the thread. At the end of a 24 hour period, the highest team on the waiver order will be awarded the players rights and he can work out a contract with his new team. I say they have the players rights because they're not automatically on your team, they will have to sign a contract so be sure to talk to the free agent before putting in a claim if you're unsure if they will sign.

The waiver order will be as follows to begin the waivers

1- Seattle Stags
2- Montreal Impact
3- Detroit Falcons
4- Prince George Firebirds
5- Kelowna Knights
6- Boston Batallion
7- Vancouver Whalers
8- Washington Patriots

(It's the reverse of the entry draft order aside from Washington who's at the bottom after signing the 2 most recent FA's.)

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]