Create Account

The Beard is Bigger In Texas Post-Draft Interview with Marcus Shane

Scene opens in an empty arena. The seats are vacant of attendees, but staff are sweeping and milling around the aisles. Crew members are in the process of disassembling a large display board and stage, the SHL logo still lit up from the previous evening.
In the foreground, stand two people. The man on the left is significantly shorter and older than the one on the right. The shorter man is in a nicely pressed and clearly tailored black suit with light grey pinstripes, a purple tie, and a winning smile. His salt and pepper hair is gelled and parted to the side, impressively thick for his middle age.
The man on the right is much younger, broad shouldered, also wearing a suit, but this one seems a bit tight for him. His hair is brownish-red, and a long beard flows to the bottom of his neck, impressively thick for his young age.

The man on the left is holding a microphone. He nods at the camera and begins to speak...

Interviewer Arthur Fanelli here with fresh-faced SHL draftee, Marcus Shane. Marcus, congratulations...how are you feeling right now?

The "fresh-faced" individual smiles at the interviewer, then the camera, revealing a missing bicuspid

Marcus Pretty damn excited, Arthur. It's been a dream of mine to get here....shooting pucks at the garage door...all the early morning drives, all the blood and sweat...and I'm here. It's awesome.

Arthur You were a 4th round pick, and a lot of pundits and peers are saying that you dropped, and we interviewed your new GM; he was surprised he managed to get you at that pick. Are you motivated now by your apparently drop in value?

Marcus I wouldn't say I dropped in value but I mean, yeah, I guess I'm motivated. Anyone that gets drafted has a chance to make an impact, whether it's first...er...second overall, or last overall. You just need the chance, man. I plan to do something with this opportunity.

Arthur Like what?

Marcus ...Are you serious?

Arthur Uhhh...moving on then...you've been drafted by the Texas Renegades. What do you know about their team? Are you excited for the warm weather?

Marcus They have a pretty great history. I like their story...I'm just really excited to be a part of it. And yes, moving to Texas after growing up in Southern Ontario is going to be a bit of a change

Both men share a laugh

Arthur And finally, they say everything is bigger in Texas...what's going to happen with the beard?

Marcus Grow it until I skate over it!

Arthur Good answer. OK, well, Marcus, congratulations on being drafted and we'll see you very soon in the SHL!

Marcus says something that isn't picked up by the microphone, but the two shake hands as the camera fades to black

Code:
484 words

Ontario to Texas, see ya on the flight Renegades

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

First round is on me! B)