Create Account

S46 WJC Team Schwösterland Roster Announcement
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 12:14 PM by Sami.)

[Image: 220px-D-A-CH.svg.png]

S46 WJC Team Schwösterland Roster Announcement

Welcome to the S46 WJC Roster Announcement of Team Schwösterland. As you may or may not know, Team Schwösterland constis of the three countries Switzerland (or Schweiz), Austria (or Österreich) and Germany (or Deutschland). We're proud to represent these three countries in this year's WJC tournament that may share the language, but otherwise have pretty different cultures. 

First of all, I'd like to thank fellow GM @esilverm for his dedicated and detailled scouting of the available talent that will help us immensely in this year's tournament. But without further ado I want to announce this year's roster.

Forwards:

Germany Gordie Boomhover - St. Louis Scarecrows - Left Wing - @gordieboom
The german Left Wing Gordie Boomhover was a no brainer for us as he had a very good season, scoring 17 goals which was nearly enough to be in the Top 10 and adding 13 assists for a total of 30 points. Gordie Boomhover should get a spot on one of the Top 2 lines and get major icetime as we hope for a solid contribution on his part for this year's tournament.

Switzerland Nicolaj Muller - St. Louis Scarecrows - Left Wing - @esilverm
Nicolaj Muller is the next player from the Scarecrows. He only played fourteen games in his rookie season but was able to score four goals in that time. He looks like a special talent and we want to give him the opportunity to show himself on the international level. The young two-way forward will probably see mostly third line minutes that will give him some very important experience.

Germany Knute Knurtsson - Colorado Raptors - Center - @Ason94
Knurtsson combines everything you want in a center. Not only is he great defensively, he is also a major contributor offensively. With 35 assists he lead the SMJHL in the past season and him feeding the puck to his linemates will be a joy to witness. There's no doubt that Knurtsson will be a major role in this year's team and we're excited to add such a special talent to our team.

Germany Roger Baston - Lehtbridge Lions - Center - @yoye
Roger Baston of the S44 Draft Class is a veteran presence that will our young guys in this tournament. The playmaker had a very good season, scoring 36 points in 50 games. We hope for solid contribution from the Center position behind Knute Knurtsson.

Germany Nickolas Klaus - Kelowna Knights - Center - @Noble
The next german is also a Center, Nickolas Klaus. The S45 Draftee had a very good season as well, also scoring 36 points in 50 games. As we're very strong down the middle, there is a strong opportunity that one or two of our centers need to play on the wing. We want to give Klaus Top 6 Minutes so it will be interesting how the lines will play out in the end.

Germany Rudy Mentz - Vancouver Whalers - Center - @pokey91
We hope to see solid production, especially defensively, from the young two-way Center, as we're planning to play Mentz on our fourth line.

Switzerland Sami Raanta - Vancouver Whalers - Center - @Sami
The young center from the Vancouver Whalers had an okay rookie season, scoring 11 points in 50 games. He just decided he wants to play for the country he grew up in rather than his birth nation, Finland, so we hope he can show that adding him to Team Schwösterland was the right decision. He will probably fill a spot on the third line.

Germany Nolan Sawchuk - Kelowna Knights - Right Wing - @Jepox
The german Right Wing Sawchuk is another player we have very high hopes in for the tournament as he is one of the guys we expect major production of. Sawchuk had the best production out of all players on Team Schwösterland besides Knute Knurtsson with 37 points in 50 games. The Kelowna Knight should find himself on the Top Line.

Germany Franz Cooper - Detroit Falcons - Right Wing - @Coops
The S44 veteran had a solid season, scoring 23 points for his team, the Detroit Falcons. He should find a spot on the 2nd or 3rd line for this tournament and be another veteran presence on this team.

Germany Jan Silber - Anchorage Armada - Right Wing - @TaktiX
Silber didn't register a point in the past season but we want to give the young rookie a chance to show himself in the tournament. He should expect bottom 6 minutes in this tournament.

Switzerland Seemu Telanne - Anaheim Outlaws - Right Wing - @hockeyis66
Telanne had a very good rookie season, scoring 25 points in 50 games. He should complement the rookies Sami Raanta and Nicolaj Muller in a 3rd line role in this tournament and hopefully provied us with some important secondary scoring like he did with the Outlaws the past season.

Germany Herry Morris IV - Montreal Militia - Right Wing - @Taxman100
Morris IV is another player of the S47 draft class. He had a rough rookie season with 8 points but you can see his potential. We hope that he can get his scoring going in a bottom 6 role for us.

Defensemen:

Germany Cassius Darrow - Colorado Raptors - Defense - @hhh81
Darrow is an absolute no brainer for us as he will lead our defense in this tournament. He had another incredible year, scoring 32 points in 50 games for the Colorado Raptors. We are very happy to have him in our lineup.

Austria Ethan Ross - West Kendall Platoon - Defense - @JR95
The first austrian Ethan Ross is another player we are very happy to add as he is one of only two players with SHL experience on our team. He scored 9 points (all assists) in his SHL rookie season and will get solid Top 4 minutes in this tournament.

Germany Wolfhard Richter - Toronto North Stars - Defense - @Plastic Bowl
Richter is the other player with SHL experience and actually our most seasoned player, being drafted in the S43 class. The offensive defenseman will hopefully do a solid job contributing to the scoresheet in the coming tournament.

Germany Sanyi Kocsis - Kelowna Knights - Defense - @daBenchwarmer
Kocsis was drafted in the S45 Class. The two way defenseman scored very good 26 points in the past season and is one of the top guys on the Kelowna Knights. Kocsis will surely see Top 4 Minutes and is a big part of this defense.

Switzerland Mathias Seger - Anaheim Outlaws - Defense - @Segi
Seger had a very, very good season for the Outlaws. The balanced defenseman who is also very good on the backend scored incredible 35 points. It is tough to build pairs with this loaded defense but Seger will definitely see Top 4, maybe Top 2 minutes in the tournament.

Switzerland Basil Magnicotta - St. Louis Scarecrows - Defense - @Rancidbudgie
Another swiss player will complete our defensive lineup. Magnicotta had a very good season as well, scoring 33 points in 50 games. The offensive defenseman is another guy with Top 4 minutes. We're very proud of this defensive group and have a very good feeling icing these 6 guys. 

Goalies:

Germany Mike McKorsy - Halifax Raiders - Goalie - @Flames1848
McKorsy was the starting goalie for his SMJHL team, the Halifax Raiders in this past season. He finished the year with very solid stats and only continues to get better. He will start for Team Schwösterland and we're happy to ice such a quality goaltender behind our great defense this year.

Austria Mike Hunt - Montreal Militia - Goalie - @"AtlasHunter"
Mike Hunt is the last player for our group and we're happy to add another one from Austria. Mike Hunt will play the backup role behind McKorsy and we're confident he can step in if we need him.

@esilverm and me want to congratulate everyone of you on making this year's team and we're very excited for the tournament! Let's go Schwösterland!

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

Great team!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Let's goo!!!! Germany Austria Switzerland

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Germany Austria Switzerland

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Schwesterland? @Tomen Tongue

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-28-2019, 01:57 PMZoone16 Wrote: Schwesterland? @Tomen Tongue
Schwitzerdeutsch

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Stacked team!

[Image: knute.jpg]

Let's go, Schwöstere!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

03-28-2019, 05:54 PMSegi Wrote: Let's go, Schwöstere!

the fuck did you just call me?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

03-28-2019, 06:01 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
03-28-2019, 05:54 PMSegi Wrote: Let's go, Schwöstere!

the fuck did you just call me?

You're not part of this. Go away!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Wow, quite the snub for myself.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

03-29-2019, 06:02 PMbk1689 Wrote: Wow, quite the snub for myself.

Because your TPE is over 350 you aren't valid. Otherwise we'd love to have you on the team.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 06:59 PM by bk1689.)

03-29-2019, 06:54 PMesilverm Wrote:
03-29-2019, 06:02 PMbk1689 Wrote: Wow, quite the snub for myself.

Because your TPE is over 350 you aren't valid. Otherwise we'd love to have you on the team.

Damn, my mistake. I just saw guys that were drafted before me, so assumed it went by season drafted, not TPE.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Now this is a team I can get behind :eyes:

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

03-29-2019, 06:57 PMbk1689 Wrote:
03-29-2019, 06:54 PMesilverm Wrote: Because your TPE is over 350 you aren't valid. Otherwise we'd love to have you on the team.

Damn, my mistake. I just saw guys that were drafted before me, so assumed it went by season drafted, not TPE.

It's both, basically it's players that are eligible to play in the SMJHL

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]