Create Account

Askerov Retires

I've been around the league for a while (active, semi-active, and inactive), however my time is MTL is something that I will never forget. Being apart of a locker room and meeting new people is the best part about SHL and I am glad to have been apart of this team for a very long time.

I would like to thank @Inf1d3l for initially drafting me in MTL, and what was the start of a good career and many friendships.

Additionally, I would like to thank @CampinKiller and @Roddy for taking over as great GMs for Infi (and me for a day), you guys have and will continue to run an outstanding organization and my biggest regret was not earning more to help us win the ever elusive championship.

To the countless teammates I've had through the years, I thank you for letting for allowing me to be your teammate, because without you I wouldnt have been in the place I am today (there are way too many names to name, and you all know who you are).

With over 500 regular season games, and another 60 or so playoff games, Askerov had an 8 season career that spanned from the beginning of the MTL rebuild, to its peak, and then back into a rebuild. What could've been for Askerov if he kept on his original earning pace towards the start of his career, we will never know. But one thing I do know is that, the memories will never be forgotten.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Grizzlies great! _/_/_/

10-26-2023, 02:41 PMChevy Wrote: Grizzlies great!  _/_/_/

Of course, will never forget the Grizzlies days! Just as it was in MTL, the GFG LR was something unmatchable and amazing memories were made.

Thank you for everything you did for team Russia!

10-26-2023, 03:41 PMhockeyfan Wrote: Thank you for everything you did for team Russia!

Russia