Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

My team did not make the playoffs unfortunately, so I had a lot of time to reflect on the past season, looking at what I did good and what I did not do good. All this spare time and reflecting on the same really made me want to be a better player, typically every off season I do spend time training and relaxing, however this off season was a bit different. Really focusing on the struggles in my game was my main goal this off season, such as spending more time watching film rather than skating on the ice was a big different approach, I have taken this off season and I am looking forward to seeing the positive results in the upcoming seasons. This has really made me want to push not only myself but also my teammates to check out this approach I am taking and see if they can develop some new traits from doing it, just like I have.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

The Maine Timber spent the wild card week watching their potential opponents' games to make sure they would be ready to face anything in the following rounds. In addition, they scrimmaged against each other, ran drills, and completed multiple practices in order to make sure they were ready to compete. The team got together after hours for team bonding exercises, they went axe throwing, watched movies, and went on hikes through the woods. It was a bit cold, but overall it was a fun experience for all involved. The players put in a bunch of work throughout the season, and they knew they could do well in the playoffs despite losing a bunch of scoring talent. With a lot of fresh faces coming into the team, they noobies knew they had to work extra hard to keep up and do their best to fill the shoes of those that came before them. It would be a tough postseason, but the Timber put everything they had into it.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]