Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Also, disappointed that Anaheim couldn't land a big fish winger. You clear out Fasth and Penner and make room for something, but nothing materializes. I know they can replace Penner with Etem, but I thought there was something there to grab an impact forward.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 5 2014, 07:35 PM
Also, disappointed that Anaheim couldn't land a big fish winger. You clear out Fasth and Penner and make room for something, but nothing materializes. I know they can replace Penner with Etem, but I thought there was something there to grab an impact forward.

I was led to believe that Anaheim and the Habs were the last two teams in on Vanek, so close haha

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 5 2014, 07:35 PM
Unless we got Moulson or Kesler I'm glad we didn't make a move. Obviously knowing now what Vanek went for it wouldn't have been bad if we could have matched that, as in a 2nd and a mid tier prospect. But with what was rumored from Anaheim for him I wouldn't ever want that deal, regardless of if he's a UFA or not. I'd rather bide time and try to make a push for Kesler in the off-season. We'll have the cap room then without any issues.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

And I'd still offer up Vatanen+Bonino+1st rounder for Kesler. Bonino's a great player but he'll be lucky to be as good as Kesler, Vatanen is a commodity that we can afford to lose and the 1st rounder will be somewhere around Low-Mid 20's

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Mar 5 2014, 08:00 PM

Believe me, I am/was a huge Collberg fan. I have defended him many times but 6 points in 40 games is pretty bad. Collberg looks too weak to get into prime scoring areas. We already have an abundance of players who cant get to scoring areas. Jacob DLR and McCarron look like what we need for our future. I am very excited for DLR.

His issue is that he hasn't been getting minutes. He performs when he has minutes and he will be coming to North America next season so i expect he will have a jump in production.

edit: i agree with what you said later about him sitting around a lot... i'm not shedding tears over his departure. I'm more just so damn happy it wasn't Tinordi hahahha

[Image: livius.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Mar 5 2014, 02:20 PM
Official: Gaborik to LA

Oh, and on that Legwand story. He left the ice at practice because it ended :lol:

LOL wow that's gold

But good for Habs to get the fucking Bruins killer, Thomas Vanek. Not looking forward to playing them at all...

Quote:Originally posted by xDParker@Mar 5 2014, 06:21 PM
Ruutuu Smile) dyl must be pissed Smile)

I am lol. Can't return customized jerseys and he's my all time favorite Canes player :(

:facepalm:

Michael Augello ‏@MikeInBuffalo 4h
@TSNBobMcKenzie says that the #leafs & #wild had offers for Vanek significantly better than the MTL's, but NYI would not retain any salary.

Wang is a cheap bastard.

So glad we didn't get vanek

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons